maria323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • why_joining:
    To help others going through Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

Hi, I haven't posted in a while. I forgot my login info but I finally remember what it was! I was on Cymbalta until 04/20/15. I had been on it over 10 years. I am currently almost 3 months into withdrawal. It has been HELL. I had nothing but waves for the first two months. I am feeling better now. The brain fog and constant surges are gone. I still have bad days and I'm very emotional. I have never cried so much in my life. The most distressing part for me now is the insomnia. I was waking at 12,2,and 4 Sometimes I could go back to sleep till 5. I would take a lorazepam just to get an extra hour or two. I have also tried tart cherry pills, mag spray, valerian root, essential oils, sleepytime tea, advil pm and nothing really helped.  The past week I wake up at 2:30 and can't get back to sleep. I don't know what to do. I'm scared that this is going to go on forever. It's like groundhog day. My doc gave me a prescription for trazadone to take as needed but I'm scared that it will impede my healing or that I will then need to taper off of that. I am feeling so distressed right now. 

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

Hi Maria, welcome back ! I'm so sorry you're suffering with the insomnia ! We've got another thread going on this issue, I'll find the link and post it here so you can join in that conversation ...

I can assure you, this is not permanent, it's yet one more of the "phases" / waves that come ... stay around to make us suffer ... and then gradually fade away ... but it's one of the hardest ones, because we so desperately need the rest / sleep during the withdrawal process ...

I'll go find that link now ... BRB ... :)

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

Here's the other discussion thread we've got going on this ...

I am hardly sleeping
https://www.cymbalta...ng/?hl=insomnia

Head over there, and join in ... there's some good info already posted ....

#4 maria323

maria323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • why_joining:
    To help others going through Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users