5 replies to this topic

#1 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

I haven't been on much and have been continuing with the 2 bead a day taper.

I've been on several medications including oxy and celebrex in addition to the cymbalta over the

last 10 years for my musculoskeletal pain.  I was switched from oxy to tramadol only a year ago.  I also quit the celebrex out

of fear of liver damage for long usage.  Taking glucosamine instead.  Also been on tizanidine for a muscle relaxer this whole time.

This is soo embarassing to talk about.

I had minimal acne breakouts as an adult.  After I'd started the cymbalta and having already

been on all the other meds too, my skin started breaking out more.  On my arms, face, neckline and

my back.  And the oxy made me itch it to some degree, breaking the skin.  Even in my sleep.

Wherever the skin was broken is now white - so my pigmentation is gone in all of those little spots.

I went out of town this past weekend and with different lighting realized that basically my entire face

has lost all of the pigmentation because of all of the breakouts.

The research I did said the NSAIDs may have caused it and I've been off of that for a year.

Has anyone else had this skin issue with cymbalta?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

First of all there is nothing to be embarrassed about. We are not judgmental here, we are just about helping people in tough situations.

I could not find any reference to this in the medical journals nor a link from Cymbalta to acne. I am not aware of any effects like this from Cymbalta but I have heard of this type of situation with some skin conditions that cause eruptions or pustules on the skin like acne and when they clear up they leave small amounts of scar tissue behind (which is white). Could this be resulting scar tissue?

#3 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

Yes, I believe so, Fishinghat. 

I am a divorced woman who does date.  I've had a couple of gentleman who have noticed it and commented.

It's just been frustrating.  The drugs have ruined my teeth and skin and they don't tell you these things when

the doctors put you on them. 

Thank you for your insight.

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

BW63

If they are truly 'gentlemen' then they will understand this situation and you don't need to be concerned. If not.....well keep looking for a real man.

#5 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:51 AM

Thank you, Fishinghat!!

#6 deadbirddiary

deadbirddiary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

You should go to a dermatologist if you are worried. I have Vitiligo but I developed it before I went on Cymbalta. My Vitiligo started showing up because I was so anxious. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users