maria323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • why_joining:
    To help others going through Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:55 PM

Hi guys. I'm feeling really discouraged. The past week and a half I was hit by debilitating anxiety and panic, I also feel like I have adrenaline in my body all day long. I don't know how much longer I can do this. Any recommendations for another SSri? I really wanted to ride this out but it's getting hard/

#2 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:11 AM

Sorry to hear Maria . How long are you off the Cymb?   Do you have any anti-anxiety med you can use as needed ?Therapy/ support .  For many of us we had temporary set backs often triggered by nothing specific .

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:15 AM

My primary suggestion would be to try either clonidine, hydroxyzine or an occasional Benadryl to help with the anxiety, They are non-habit forming and the first two in particular are effective when taken daily.

The next choice is a benzo like Ativan (lorazepam). very effective but highly addictive.

If you decide to try another ssri then my recommendation would be either Zoloft, Lexapro or Prozac.

I would recommend you start with one of the first three. please keep us informed what route you take. I will try to fill in anything to watch out for depending on the path you take.

#4 maria323

maria323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

I have Lorazepam. I gave myself a week to see if things improve. The nasty anxiety is totally destabilizing I can't keep popping Lorazepam so at the end of the week I will have to go on another drug. I can't keep suffering.

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

I would suggest you take a Benadryl maybe once a day to help you through this next week. It is available over the counter. It may make you a little drowsy so don't take it before you have to drive.

#6 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

Oh, Maria...

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this.  I know, it is totally debilitating.

Last August I went to my younger son's wedding in Hawaii.  I was actually in a panic about the travel.  It was a horrible experience and I should have followed my gut and stayed home.  I remember only about 25% of the entire 12 days.  At this time I had been off the C for about 7 months.

My older son asked me to come out to Seatlle this month and when I started checking flights, the anxiety attacked again until I was almost in a panic.  I just can't do it! I have now been off the crap for over 18 months. 

I take Alprazolam as needed and will continue to do so.

I wish you the best and please keep up posted.

Liz

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

maria323

No, you can't keep suffering.

I can't suggest what you should do; however, if it were me-- addiction would be the last of my worries when it comes to knocking down anxiety: I got addicted to benzodiazepines in an effort to keep the anxiety down to enable me to deal with it properly in therapy. During therapy I weaned off the benzodiazepine and my anxiety was reduced 95%.

Right now it's virtually gone.

I wish you every success with this! I would rather be depressed for the rest of my life than suffer with anxiety.

Take care.

#8 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:13 PM

Maria,

Benadryl Total works better on me than any benzos. Clonidine helps a bit. We all react differently!

Nothing is worse than anxiety. You can't think straight, scared and you want too disappear. Take care of it, it ruins everything.

Best of luck!

#9 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

maria323

Here's a link to a book you might wish to look into.

http://www.amazon.co...disorder shipko

#10 maria323

maria323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:10 PM

Thanks everyone. I made a decision to go on Prozac. I just can't keep going thru this hell. It is nonstop and I need to get on with my life. I'm starting to feel like these waves of anxiety and panic will never go away.

#11 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:33 PM

Maria

I wish that you find peace. Quality of life is all that matters!

Please keep us posted.

Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users