• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NovelGirl

NovelGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I've been weaning myself off Cymbalta for a couple months now & haven't taken a pill for about a week-and-a-half. I want to see if others are having the same side effects I've been having.

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

Hi,

I've been on Cymbalta for about 5 years now (60 mg). After discussing it with my therapist and my psychiatrist, we decided I could begin to wean myself off of them. I began weaning myself off July 1, and last Monday (8/17) was my last 20 mg pill. Since then, I've had diarrhea/loose bowels, that infernal scratching/zing, and some involuntary shivering that has nothing to do with my internal temperature. My period this month is strange too & looks like it'll be going on well past day 7. Anyone else have these symptoms? I'd like to make sure it's the pills (or rather, lack of them) before going to the doctor to see if it's something unrelated.

Thanks.

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:47 PM

please know all of this is just the withdrawls, but so you can see it for yourself
please check out the site that one of the members put up for us

http://wwwprozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

If it were not for having this list I would have thought I was nuts! It affectsd all our systems!

Please read it, and show it to your doctor if your comfortable. I just did so yesterday.

Your right where your suppposed to be as awful as that sounds.

I am on day 7 of a very slow decrease, and it really hard. I am still severly anxious at times, sweating like crazy, severe moods swings, but I am starting to feel like I will have a life again.

I am here for you anytime.

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users