1 reply to this topic

#1 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

I believe I've isolated another issue related to the Cymbalta - may be withdrawal related or not!

While I was tapering over the summer, I went and ordered a new pair of glasses which had not
been updated for about 4 years.

At the time the new pair came in, I was in the middle of a full-blowin withdrawal.  In fact, wearing the
new glasses with a very mild change to the prescription, turned out to affect my brain causing me

to become nauseaous in quick order.  So I took those frames back and received my refund!!  Thank you!!

So this time I went to the optomotrist who prescribed the small change in the prescription and just received that
prescription.  Although the reaction was not as severe as the first frame was, I'm beginning to think that my

eyes can't adapt to this small change. 

I'm thinking I may have to take the new frames back and just tell them to put my old prescription in them to

see how that works.

It's so hard to imagine how many different ways this drug can affect you.

Anyone else had this issue?

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:24 PM

Yes, yes and yes

I couldn't even tolerate the process of getting my eyes checked without becoming nauseated so it was decided to leave my prescription the way it was until I was completely over the withdrawal process.

Thank heavens my optometrist is fully aware of how many drugs affect the eyes so that I didn't have to go through the whole process of ordering glasses only to not be able to wear them.

I also went through a time where my eyes were so light sensitive that I wore dark glasses all the time, even on cloudy days. That has slowly gotten better although driving into the sun can still be a challenge.

I'm happy to say that my last appointment went fine and my new prescription didn't cause me any problems.

Take care of you and be well

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users