• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kimbieaz

kimbieaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Im currently going through withdrawals and am considering not going back on the meds. Im supposed to only discontinue a week but dont think i want to go through this ever again.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

I started taking cymbalta about a year ago to help coping with chronic pain associated with fibromyalgia and gastroparesis. It worked well at first but recently hasn't seemed to work anymore. I kept taking it anyway becuase I didnt know of anything else to help my condition.
Recently though, I was told to wean off cymbalta and discontinue for a week in order to do a sleep study. I was NOTTTTT told by my doctors even a hint towards what type of HORRIBLE symptoms I may experience with this.
I have been on MANY anti-depressants and/or anti-anxiety medications in my life and have had withdrawals before, but havent experience anything close to what I am now. I am on Day 9 of weaning off, which I started by taking a full pill every other day, then switching to half a pill every other day, and now have gone 2 days without taking a pill.
The first day I felt nauseous, dizzy and had a severe headache. I expected to feel better as time went on and maybe feel badly for up to 4 or 5 days. I've gone cold turkey off medication before and was fine by that amount of time. With Cymbalta, I am feeling worse and worse each day, more dizzy and nauseous and am starting to barely be able to function and/or think. I have to work full time which is EXTREMELY difficult to do with these symptoms. I am flabbergasted that a medicine can make you feel this horrible for this long!!!!!
I was planning on going back on Cymbalta after the required week off of it, but now I'm pretty sure Im never touching it again. Nothing is worth going through this ever again. Plus, I have been feeling LESS PAIN and having MORE ENERGY since discontinuing Cymbalta. Its strange to me that a medicine I started taking to help with pain ended up possibly making my pain worse. Its hard to tell for sure yet until I've been off the medicine longer but I'm definitley gonna try NOT taking it.

-Kim(25)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users