#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:55 PM

Wow but come October 25 I will have been a member here on this forum for 2 years. I've been off the poison for 18 months now but the journey that took me through hell & back is still in my memory bank. My horrid, bad memories...sad that they can't be just dumped and forgotten forever but ah well....

Everyone here on this forum are in my daily prayers as they try to rid themselves of this nasty drug...

It is a very hard withdrawal. Was for me anyhow and I had weaned off morphine sulfate extended release about a year or so ago....Cymbalta withdrawal is way, way worse than that drug EVER was....I can tell you that.

I did however find that if I don't take my prescribed MSER & MSIR I can NOT "live" my life. A life that is precious to me in that it includes riding my little gaited horse, Hershey...

I was told that I had to retire from my beloved field of nursing after 34 years practicing what I dearly loved and did BEST!

After a long, long difficult recovery/rehab process I became involved with the EASI Therapeutic Riding Barn. EASI being=equine assisting special individuals....

I did this for over 6 years during which time my beloved little sister taught me to horseback ride and helped to pick out a little gaited horse who was just my size. The rest they say is history.

Anyhow life sometimes has a way of getting in the way and taking up quite a bit of time thus my absence from the Cymbalta Withdrawal Forum. But I don't do very well when the ole man winter comes and this gives me more "inside" time so to speak. I plan to try to check in on the forum more often and hope that I'm forgiven and just maybe remembered by a few around here!

thismoment & fishinghat were the two who were here when I first found this forum and will remain in my heart forever. Of course there have many more come in the two years that I've been here and they are just as great at what they are able to do for the ppl who are trying to get off this drug/poison/crap!

May God bless everyone here. In my daily prayers. In my heart always!

TheEquusWoman

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

So glad to hear from you EW.

I am also glad that Hershey is still around and kicking (no pun intended). EAS sounds like a wonderful group. It is lucky to have such a special person as yourself. Most of all I am so glad to hear that the msir and mser is doing such a good job for you.

God bless my freind and keep on riding.

#3 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for stopping in, EW!  So good to hear from you - I was thinking of you recently, wondering how you were doing.

It's wonderful to hear of the things you are doing!  Your nursing skills are a great help, I'm sure.

I have been off the poison almost 22 months now but have chosen to hang around to help the Newbies and give whatever help I can.  I also have nothing but warm thoughts for all who helped me - I don't know what I would have done without them.

Everyone here remains in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Happy to hear that Hershey is giving you such joy! 

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hello Equuswoman,

Good to see you posting again. Please visit more often, your help is very appreciated!

About that winter thing, I so understand you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users