5 replies to this topic

#1 DebMorris

DebMorris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:12 AM

Well this is my 4th week off of Cymbalta & as I am feeling better today then I did 3 wks ago I am still emotional.  My body feels weak & it's so frustrating because I want to do stuff.  I know it takes time but I feel this is never going to end.  Every ache, pain etc... I feel I think something is wrong with me, I feel this drug has damaged me all over.  I went for a walk yesterday & was totally exhausted when I got home & today I feel sore!!! Why can't I get these crying spells under control?? 

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

Your body has depended on these drugs doe a long time. It will take them time to relearn how to control themselves. Tests with other drugs that affect nerves reflect around two years before normal function returns. During that time it is a game of patience and adjustment. You are at the normal stage (even though it is a bad stage) for the withdrawal. Another few weeks and you will see more consistent improvement. You are going to ne fine. I know it feels permanent but it isn't. Hang in There.

#3 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

Well this is my 4th week off of Cymbalta & as I am feeling better today then I did 3 wks ago I am still emotional.  My body feels weak & it's so frustrating because I want to do stuff.  I know it takes time but I feel this is never going to end.  Every ache, pain etc... I feel I think something is wrong with me, I feel this drug has damaged me all over.  I went for a walk yesterday & was totally exhausted when I got home & today I feel sore!!! Why can't I get these crying spells under control?? 

DebMorris,

Hi and welcome to the forum. I was on Cymbalta for 18 months for pain due to arthritis. Amazing what all they have decided that this drug is good for...It took me 3 months to slowly wean off this poison. My physician had NO clue as how to do it and was unaware of the horrible withdrawal while doing so.

What you are going through is the norm for coming off this drug. I though I'd NEVER be better because it took me so long to finally get off of it. I had to drop only 1 bead per day due to the withdrawal symptoms. I was a journey through hell but with the help of the ppl here. With their support I made it.

It does however take time and for me I wanted off of it NOW...however now as I look back I am so thankful to fishinghat and thismoment for their help in getting off of it. Take care of yourself, be kind to yourself and know that it will eventually be better.

Hugs from TheEquusWoman :hug:

#4 DebMorris

DebMorris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

Thank you.  It is so hard, but I just do what I can.  I just would like to feel normal again & go just 1 day with no crying!!!

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

I remember how much I cried. At the height of it I was crying for 30 or 40 minutes at a time many times a dy. I remember crying while doing choirs around the house. Just for no apparent reason. It should fade soon.

#6 DebMorris

DebMorris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

Thank you FH, that makes me feel better because I tell ya some times I feel like I am losing my mind.  It's very scary!!!!  I should be proud of myself today I went to my Psych apt, got my hair cut (which was out of control) & of all places I went to Walmart, but came home & broke down.  A cashier at Walmart said I didn't look happy & looked very tired, I think that is what did it.  Anybody who knows me would always say I was so upbeat & happy so I guess that I just took it to heart & wanted to be that person again.  I really don't know how to give a true smile yet!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users