No replies to this topic

#1 WendyK

WendyK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Want to get off the meds and have found hope in reading the posts here.

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:19 PM

Hello everyone! I don't know if you remember me that well since it has been months since I have posted anything.

For those that do remember, I wanted to let you know that I did successfuly bead count my way off of Cymbalta. I may have went a little overboard but I literally counted my way down to the last 2 beads. I decided not to take a capsule with only 1 bead in it. 😜. Honestly, I did really well. I never had any of the major brain zaps that people talk about on here. I only experienced some minor dizziness and of course I felt tired a lot, but that's nothing new for me. Other than that I am so proud of myself for continuing through it. If anyone who reads this wants I for or help, please don't hesitate to ask. And in case anyone wants to know, I took pics of beads from Name Brand and crap from generic. Completly different. I will post the pics. The Name brand is the one that is the actual beads. I stuck to the expensive Name Brand until I thought I had more than enough beads to see me finished, then I switched to generic only to use the capsules. (I couldn't find anywhere to buy them around me.)

It has been 6 weeks since I have been completely off of it now. And well, I'm freakin out a little. Honestly, I feel I have done really really well this whole time. By the way, I am an anxiety sufferer. Yeah me! I read a post by brzghoff. That was a good post and I plan on checking out the websites mentioned.

So, here's what happened. Day after Thanksgiving, I started feeling ice to my stomach. Over that weekend I was still ok. Monday, my husband and I ate Jack in the Box for lunch, that evening, I was sick and still sick badly for the next 2 days that on this past Wednesday I went to the Dr. I couldn't see my regular Dr, had to make due with someone new. Well, this guy was dumb and didn't listen to half of what I was saying and he gave me Acid Reflux meds. Dexilant. Don't ever take this, especially if you suffer with anxiety. The first night I took it, I had chest tightness, face tingles, agitation, and the shakes. And stupid me, I took it for 2 more days before I went back to the Dr again. So, this medicine, Dexilant, which is so close to Dilaxatine,has triggered my anxiety to come up. I only took that medicine for 3 days and have almost been off of it for 36 hrs roughly and I am still feeling it's affects. Not to mention that one of its main side effects is what I went to the dr for, so I am also still suffering from stomach virus issues. 😳

I keep telling myself that I am only feeling this way (anxious) because of this other medication, but honestly, it is really difficult right now. It's making me feel like I might be having a relapse, and I know in my head, that I have nothing to be afraid of and according to the Dr it could take 72 hours for the medicine to completely pass thru and out, but geesh!! I did not take the meds last night or today and I am still feeling the same things. Chest tightness, agitation, shaking. I haven't had anxiety issues in years, and yes, mostly is was probably because of the Cymbalta, but this is irritating and freakin me out. It's like I want to almost get mad at it. And I keep talking to myself...reminding myself that it is ok and that it will pass and that I have nothing to be afraid of. But honestly, when it comes to medical issues.....that it the worst for me.

I guess I needed to vent mostly to try and help settle myself. But also, in case anyone ever has an issue with thier stomach or possible acid reflux, I do not recommend Dexilant. I have been out of work all week because of my stomach issue and then this medicine. It has not been a good week. However, on a positive note, we did buy concert tickets to Journey/The Doobie Brothers in May.

Name Brand and Generic differences

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users