Photo

Ive Been Hearing Beeping Sounds In My Head. Any Suugestions As To What To Do About It?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Solauerbach

Solauerbach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:01 PM

this isnt quite cymbalta related but i hope to start getting off cymbalta, but i have a different dilmena that i had a few times in the passed long before i started with cymbalta.
i havent had it in over 3 years though so i dont know how t odeal with this.
the last 24 hours ive been hearing a beeping sound repeating in my head every other second.

its based on an annoying beeping sound i heard regularely in a certain room in the place i work at.
it was from a battery i think in a smoke detactor that was old and dying. they finally replaced it and the beeping noise is gone, but its been repeating in my head the last 24 hours and has been driving me up a wall.
any help on what to do about this is urgently needed and appreciated.

#2 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

it sounds like a form of tinnitus. i developed it around 30 years ago, the result of repeated exposure to loud music in a previous profession. 10 years later i started taking anti-d's and developed high blood pressure as a side effect. high BP made the tinnitus worse. i take no anti-d's anymore and no longer suffer high blood pressure. the tinnitus is still around - as i know i've damaged my hearing. i get a beeping sound, but not often. typically for me its a constant high pitch ringing - several different tones at the same time. first time i got the beeping i thought it was a construction truck backing up in the distance - that back-up beeper they use while in reverse. it was not unlike your description of the beeping made by a smoke alarm with a fading battery .

a search on the web will find that while its not as common, tinnitus manifests as beeping tones, here's one source, there are many others as well that make similar statements:

from ehealthmd.com

Less common tinnitus, in which the sounds are described as beeping, Morse code type of signals, or even a musical notes.

Read more: http://ehealthmd.com...s#ixzz3uS6tP87e

#3 Solauerbach

Solauerbach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

thanx for the response.
ive had tinnitus for four years and it stopped bothering me about 6 months after i got it.
but my brain has a habit of repeating annoying noises, especially repetitive ones.
it happens most when im under stress.
usually it goes away after i play enjoyable music, meditate, or distract myself, but its been really bad for the last 26+ hours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users