• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SarahJane

SarahJane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

I was taking Cymbalta for about a month.  I woke up one morning with extreme dizziness and I thought I had an ear infection. I called my doctor he advised me to stop taking it. 

I can't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday of this last week but I stopped it.  I had brain zaps and still have slight dizziness only when I tilt to the right or look down.  I am so nauseous though.  

I am to the point of crying because I feel awful and I just want to feel better again.  Can anyone tell me when I will feel better again????

I don't have time to be down, my father has  cancer and I need to be there for him.....

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

Welcome SJ

So sorry you are in a tight spot. First of all I applaude your dr. Many do not recognize the early side effects of Cymbalta. For many of us long term users I would say 2 to 3 months to turn the corner and start feeling better BUT I am much more optimistic in your case. With only a month of usage I would say you are at the height of your withdrawal and things should start to slowly improve soon. It will take some time to get completely back to normal but you should start progressing any day.

By the way, I am sorry to hear about your father's cancer. With your permission I will pray for him

#3 SarahJane

SarahJane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:31 PM

Thank you fishinghat.  All prayers welcome!

I hope it starts to ease up, I am so upset about how I feel.  I feel optimistic though.

Thank you!!!

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

Welcome, SJ !

I agree w/FH - your withdrawal should not be of great duration - you are fortunate that you have a Dr. that has knowledge!

I will join w/FH in prayers for you and your father...

Please keep us posted  -  we are here for you!

#5 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:25 PM

Hi SarahJane

If you do not mind me asking, what strength of Cymbalta were you on?

I was also a relatively short term user who had bad side effects but my doctor would not listen to me so I tried staying on it awhile longer much to my regret.

For the brain zaps try some omega-3 1000mg 3 times a day, it really helps.

Also try some ginger ale for the nausea or some OTC anti nausea med with ginger as it seems to work the best.

It also helps to stay well hydrated. Drink enough water to make you feel like you should slosh when you water. Seriously it helps more than you can imagine.

If you have any other symptoms that are troublesome just let us know and we will be happy to help

Take care of you

Nancy

#6 SarahJane

SarahJane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:36 PM

Lady2882Nancy,

I was on 30 mg or 35 mg.  I can't remember.  I got rid of it because it scared me too bad.  

I think the one thing that annoys me the most is the nausea and the dizziness.  The dizziness is getting better, but if I move my head a certain way or my eyes... I still get dizzy.  

I called my Doctor this morning to let him know how I was doing.  I have become increasingly aggressive I feel as well.  

The ginger ale has been a life saver, I also notice if I eat slower, I have a less chance of being that nauseous.  This is all just crazy and I love my Doctor, he is a good doc, and I know if he had known this would happen he would not have given it to me.  

Thank you all for responding and the prayers!

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

SJ, you are proceeding along fine.  The emotional swings usually follow the brain zaps and dizziness. You might also try some Welch's grape juice for the dizziness as well.  Hang in there.

#8 SarahJane

SarahJane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

Thank you all so much for all your help and your support.  This has been crazy but all of you have made me feel so much better!!!

I woke up this morning almost feeling normal, so maybe soon I will be back to myself.

Thank you Thank you Thank you  :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users