• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off Cymbalta

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

Dear fellow Crapalta-OFF sufferers B),

I just want to say THANK YOU for being here, for starting this forum, for sharing, and for listening...oh, correction, for Reading all this... :unsure: Rant?CRAP?Horror stories?Blah-blah-blah?Nonsense-going-through-pain-trying-to-cope...   Am I right to say, that we have in common the PAIN and the WE WANT OUR LIVES BACK  before the painkillers?... I just want to say, that I appreciate VERY MUCH having this forum here to say the embarrassing, silly and frightful things about what I go through on the way to my, hopefully semi-normal-SELF :wacko:

This forum helps me keep track of what is going on in my life, while I try to get off Cympalta...Yes, I lose track, I still forget so much, that it is scary...

So... today is the 11th day since I started counting-off the beads. And since I posted in the wrong place at that time, I am re-posting it here again for my own record:

Today is the 7th day... I continue with the 10-beads-less approach...

Trying to concentrate on what I wanted to say: Oh, yes...symptoms... 

I am not sure if these symptoms are before or after me trying to get off Cymbalta, it felt all "kind of natural to me", so I will try to list them in no particular order:

• Difficulties with memory: forgetful, sometimes not even remembering doing something on purpose so I don't forget it; (packed an item in my suitcase, so it does not brake; came home, couldn't find it it my luggage at first, started wondering if I took it with me... there was no memory of doing any of the packing and where I put it...); no sense of direction, getting lost despite the GPS in the car, on my phone and the printed directions... 
  • Difficulties concentrating: can't do even simple math: (5+8=?...), then feeling agitated and annoyed, forced to use the calculator all the time
  • Feeling flat: not happy, not sad...actually I'd say feeling NO emotions whatsoever...The ONLY benefit of having NO feeling was, that I lost suddenly my best friend to cancer and I felt so numb, I hardly cried, just moved like in a dream, zombie-d out; still very hard to comprehend her loss:( ... I used to be the "social butterfly", now I'd rather hug my cat (if I he let's me:wacko: ) and read in bed; sometimes I don't go out from the house because I don't feel like going out in the cold (really, really hate winter, looking forward soooo much to temperatures above 15 degrees C= 59F  )
  • Challenges with my balance: I keep bumping onto corners, the door frame; my legs barely have a week without a new bruise from hitting something on the way...
  • I feel dizzy almost permanently, especially when I look into far left or right, when I move up, get up or turn around; I've had issues with my balance before including having severe vertigo for a week: kept on spinning and spinning, having moving images with closed eyes, feeling like being hangover...
  • Hot flashes all the time: almost every half an hour; last 2-3 minutes with sweating, sometimes with anxiety (feeling like going mad for 2-3 seconds); doctor said hot flashes might last from a month to a few years with pre-and-menopause... I am one of the "lucky" less than 0.01% ones to have them for longer than 5 years...  waking up during the night 3-4-5 times, sometimes bathed in sweat, then start shivering;  and then can't fall asleep for hours...  So the doctor prescribed herbal medications: red clover, black cohosh, etc...
  • It reaches a point that I take so many pills, that I feel like the pharmacy around the corner; my son laughed when he saw my emergency twist-on box, said I looked like a dealer:rolleyes:...But since I get migraines, I always have Advil in it; I have aspirin, Cymbalta, some Valeriana, and Benadril; just in case...  

So, again, on the 11th day I could add more symptoms (I have been feeling like that for awhile already):

• Feeling thirsty, dry mouth (I drink a lot of water (avg 1l throughout the day and the night) and other liquids (I love beer, so I have to make myself stop at the 2nd; that is becoming another scary thought, my alcohol consumption...)
  • Nightmares... I also experience a continuation of the dreams. I've always dreamed in colours, but now the dreams are becoming like the "Zombieland" 
  • Sometimes I experience flashes when I close my eyes for a second or two.
  • Trouble sleeping: wake up almost every hour during the night because of the hot-cold sweating; often can't fall back to sleep, toss and turn in bed for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night.
  • Still feeling foggy, groggy, slow, especially in the morning.
  • My pain in my tailbone start to come back slowly; I feel it now about 20-30% of the time within the 24hrs period
  • And what the heck is with that shower-thing?...I have to make myself to shower...Why is that? 

But today I feel better (compared to yesterday . I even shoveled the snow this morning and ENJOYED IT!!! Well, it was a fluffy snow, not a big deal but I got out, and I cleared the sidewalk and the driveway, Yey! 

Yesterday I started taking Omega 3 (500mg, 3x daily); not feeling so dizzy this morning. If I could motivate myself to do my yoga today, I will count it as a good day!  

Thank you again for your support!

You ALSO take care of yourselves! 

Attached Files

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

Well BlueSky, sounds like you are on track. Hang in there.

#3 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:48 PM

I am sure that the fresh air and exercise did you some good and you can feel good about what you accomplished,

Hang in there and if You have too my withdrawal symptoms then stay at that dose for a few days until things settle down again. It is much easier that way after all you do not need to torture yourself by going too fast,

Take care of you and have a fabulous Friday

#4 BlueSky

BlueSky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off Cymbalta

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

Thank you both, fishingHat and Lady2282Nancy!

Great to feel understood!

You also have a wonderful weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users