• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patty

Patty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

I've been completely off Cymbalta for about six weeks. I took myself off by tapering off for three weeks then ran out. The brain zaps are mostly gone but I feel terrible. I was on it for fibromyalgia. I feel terrible, ache all over, not just soft tissue but also joints and bones. Also some stomache upset and diarrhea. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how long to expect this to continue.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:31 PM

Patty, it is just a guess but I would say another 3 or 4 weeks before the Cymbalta withdrawal pain lets up. However your fibro may be back now that you are off the Cymbalta. Only time will tell for sure.

#3 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

Hi Patty

I was put on Cymbalta for chronic pain and fishinghat has the time frame about right.

What you are experiencing now is the rebound pain which is worse that the original pain you took Cymbalta for.

If you can get out and do some gentle exercising like walking or yoga that will help.

I also have arthritis so omega-3 was recommended for my joints. Omega-3 helps with brain zaps too.

I guess the biggest thing for me was to  keep moving as much as possible. For some it is almost impossible to even get out of bed the pain is so bad but even then if they could walk around their house a bit it helped.

Just do not overdo it or you will aggravate your fibro and those nerves are firing double time now that the Cymbalta is no longer blocking the signal.

Take care of you

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users