Photo

The Anger And Irritability Is The Worst. 6 Weeks Off 60 Mgs.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShayMarie

ShayMarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:45 AM

So the worst of the brain zaps, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, etc. is gone.

I still get these symptoms in waves out of nowhere.

A couple of symptoms persist.

One, brain fog.  Fog isn't even a good word. My brain just stops operating in a normal fashion.

I could describe it best as a filing system, one that I can normally retrieve memories from, jokes, ideas...is just burned to the ground.

I've become so limited in my communication and analytical skills that it is scary.

Two, and the WORST, the ANGER, I feel like a simmering pot of boiling water many days, on the brink of burning someone I love.

I have worked so hard to have good relationships with my family, most importantly my daughters, and I hate so much how irritable and angry I have gotten at them.  And in the moment I KNOW it's from this poison, but it's like I can only contain it so much.  I'm like the Incredible Hulk in short blonde, female form.  I'm so angry at myself too.  I get breaks from this, some days I feel close to normal.  But some days I feel like a complete bitch.

And I've been a mom for a long time.  My kids are 12 and 15.  I've always been able to have patience with them even when they disrespected me or messed up, b/c that's what kids do.  I correct them, then give them abundant love as they make amends or what not.  

Now I just can't stop being mad.  It doesn't dissipate.  I'm so afraid I'm going to permanently damage my girls.  It's like when I get going on a lecture, say about grades, I CAN'T stop.  I get sound so angry and mean, and grind home some assinine point. Over. and. Over.  

The only thing that helps is isolating myself, and being quiet.  Keeping the lid on tight, with enough space to prevent boiling over.

So that is my strategy for the most part.

Oh and I cussed my mom out several times. :-/

She can be really bossy and know it all in a major way, always one upping anything I do with her version, but that's her and I always look over it or subtly steer the convo away from it, if we ever disagree we work it out by being honest and move forward.

That was then.  Now it has went something like this, "who the fuck do you think you are constantly implying that I'm stupid and incompetent?  Do you not know I know what you're saying and much more? Do you feel the need to pretend you're better and smarter than every fucking one or just me?  Are you just a narcissist or a selfish ass?".  

Yeah. It's bad.  That happened in a flash of rage like I have never felt in my life.  My pulse was racing, heart pounding in my chest, breathing increased.

I LOATHE this. 

Someone help me not screw my life up please.  Being loving is the most important thing to me.  I have meditated for YEARS.  I am normally the opposite of this.  Where almost nothing angers or irritates me.  Being angry makes me feel gross and dirty, ESPECIALLY if I direct it at people who do not deserve it.  

The looks my daughter has given me when I snapped at her haunt me. Ugh.

Help.  

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:10 AM

Shay Marie

It sounds like you are weaning way too fast. You may want to go back up a few beads until you stabilize and then start to drop again.

#3 ShayMarie

ShayMarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:50 PM

I went from 60 to 30, then to none.  Didn't do the bead method.

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

Ahhh, I understand. Hang in there it will eventually get better.

#5 ShayMarie

ShayMarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:56 PM

Thanks, today was a better day, it just comes and goes out of nowhere. 

BTW I took it for nerve pain, had no idea what I was getting into.

#6 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:19 PM

Hi ShayMarie

I took this drug for Chronic back pain. It made me depressed and then I had a doctor who did not believe that I was having so much trouble getting off it. He figured that all my problems were psychosomatic and that just by reading about other people's problems it was causing me to have the same symptoms.

The rage was a shock for me too as well as the brain shut down. I have always been a smart person and suddenly I could not put sentences together or spell and the mediator all of a sudden was flying into a rage.

Unfortunately these are normal withdrawal symptoms but they will calm down eventually. I also developed anxiety but since you are 6 weeks off then it is safe to say that you will not have to deal with that one.  

I hope that you have explained to your children that this is a side effect of stopping that medication and that soon things will be back to normal. Many times we forget to include our children in these sort of things but they are very aware of the changes in us. Maybe a good conversation to have is to ask them what is different about you. There may be more things than you realize.

Keep the conversation going and let them know that what they have to say is important to you. That will make up for a long of negative impacts all of this has had on them.

Take care of you and your girls

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users