Photo

120Mg After 5+Years Then Stopped Due To No Refill By Doc.. Scary Withdrawl Symptoms

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lalasea87

Lalasea87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:18 PM

I was due for a refill on my 120mg of Cymbalta (which id been on for over 5 years) over two weeks ago and my doctor hasn't refilled it. After not receiving a call back/ nor refill I went to one 60mg capsule until I ran out. Now my 'withdrawl' process has started and it's scary, high anxiety, on edge, heart palpitations and vertigo type sensations when I move or when my palpitations get heavy. I'm very weak as well. I'm very scared that aomwthing bad is going to happen to me. Yes i know this next part is bad-I have some old Xanax .025MG tabs that I cut in half and take the half when things are hitting peak. Any suggestions advice? Please & thank you.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:25 AM

You really only have three choices. One, go back on the Cymbalta and slowly wean off, two is to just bear with the withdrawal symptoms which may take months to fade and then number three would be to go onto an ssri like Zoloft, Prozac or Lexapro. These three have somewhat less withdrawal symptoms and may be more comfortable.

What ever your choice, we are here for you. Please keep us informed on your situation.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

Some of the things that help bring some relief are;

500 mg Vit C/day

3000 mg of Omega 3/day

Stay well hydrated.

Also taking Benadryl to help with sleep and anxiety, Be cautious taking it during the day as it may make you drowsy. In addition, the its effects lessen over a 2 or 3 week period. If you stop taking it and wait 2 or 3 weeks then it will once again help for a while.

#4 Lalasea87

Lalasea87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:50 AM

My doc finally called me back yesterday she said she never got my first request, but did get my last few messages about not having my meds (ugh) and she will refill me until I see her in two weeks. However she never gave me instructions on how I should restart taking it...

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:13 AM

If you have only been off a few days they usually put you back on your regular dose but if in doubt call the dr back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users