• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RusselSprout

RusselSprout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

Found this forum by looking up withdrawal effects of duloxetine. Glad I did, as I'm now weaning gradually rather than just quitting CT. I've been dumping out (eyeballing it) pellets since early March, and have just this week started counting the pellets. I'm at 50 right now. (Looks like somewhere between 1/4-1/3 of the original dose.) I decided to w/d because I couldn't handle the sweating (so much sweating! And it's not even summer yet...), constipation, dissociated feelings, or brain fog. I was also taking 150mg bupropion (generic Wellbutrin) which I weaned somewhat quickly down over the course of 3 weeks. I've been off of it completely for 2 or 3 days now. (It made the sweating, constipation, and brain fog worse--also affected my memory and made my teeth feel weird.) Initially, every drop in medication resulted in maybe a day of slight dizziness but also better mood. It's gotten tougher this week, though, with more good moods, yes, but also more irritability/anxiety (especially in the evening.) Also more dizziness and brain zaps. Oy! Thinking I'll stay at 50 pellets until I stabilize before going down to 45 (10% reduction.)

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

We3lcome Russell

Sounds like a good plan. Remember the slower you go the softer the landing.

#3 RusselSprout

RusselSprout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

Thanks! Trying to keep that in mind. It's tough when you just want to be OFF. I've read enough these past couple of weeks though to know that if I don't put on the brakes while having w/d symptoms, it'll get worse. Patience is not an easy virtue to come by!

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

Man, can I understand that!!!

#5 RusselSprout

RusselSprout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:40 AM

Still hanging out at 50 pellets, and the dizzy/head zap spells have greatly decreased. I've actually felt pretty normal so far today. :D Some of the cymbalta (&Wellbutrin) induced issues (mainly GI ones) are already very much improved. My morning back pain/stiffness is back, though. (Had that before going on cym. Didn't realize how much the pain was being helped. Oh well. Still not worth sticking with it with all of the other issues it causes.) I didn't mention before that I've also gained a bit of weight on the cymbalta. The Wellbutrin was added to help with the weight gain, and it did keep me from gaining any more. Most of the weight I've gained over the years has been from other meds though (any progesterone-based b/c makes me constantly ravenous, and I was on one that I gained 1lb/week on even when I went to the gym daily and stayed constantly hungry), and I gained around 30lbs on Zoloft. Was (pretty effortlessly) losing that weight when I was off of all meds, but then went back on meds & started plateauing & then gaining again. Ugh. That's still not shifting, but if past experience is any indicator, it won't until I'm totally off. Going to stick with 50 pellets until I have at least several days in a row of feeling no w/d effects before dropping down to 45.

#6 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:55 AM

Russel,

Keep doing what you're doing and let your body dictate the pace. 

You are on the right path!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users