5 replies to this topic

#1 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

This is day 13

I am down to about 30 mg now. I have been on 45-50 mg for over 10 days, but when I measured it
this am , no yesterday, I saw that I was taking less now! Guess I had been dumping out a few extra
beads over the past few days, and just didn't realize it.

Anyway I am back in a new withdrawl and feeling tired this time. I had been so up, and had all this
energy. I don't know if I just wore myself out from doing so much after not doing anything for over
3 years.

So my mind is really taking off in the way it used to do, but I know that this is also a withdrawl
symptom, radical thinking, paranoia, I know what I am thinking is also like well I am all worried
about some things I need to do, so I am like I won't get them done!!!! I always get myself so
freaked out about everything, or did, but I have noticed that I have not been doing that.

I also felt so self conscious today, and like my friends didn't like me, it was just awful, I hate
the paranoid shit. Just because they don't look at me, or loook at me a certain way I get all
nuts over it. Then we were talking after the meetimg, and there was nothing at all wrong
it's just me, and what I am going through!!

Well I am just going to keep an eye on this, and see, and then go from there, I am getting
anxious so I guess I need my anxiety med.

F-ck this sucks so much!

Debbie

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

Debbie:

You have to relax, slow your mind down a little, watch your impulses. Read your posts and you will see that you are VERY in tune to what you are experiencing and the way you are reacting. That is huge Debbie. You are conscious about what is going on, now you have to try to 'contol' it. You aren't in denial. You are doing well, GREAT in fact. Give yourself a big pat on the back, a compliment, and quit any self-criticism. You ARE taking care of yourself, you are doing what you think is best for you, you are doing it in a controlled and monitored manner. Try to start chasing out the 'bad' feelings, the self doubt. If those feelings come, MAKE your mind chant self loving things. Honest, it will help. I know, it sounds so menial. But try...k?

We must find a great chant for you. I have written in the past that we are all Cymbalta Warriors, but we must find a new chant just for you. Hummmm! Let's throw around some ideas and come up with a few. Write them down and then when self doubt starts, read right from your paper. You'll smile a little smile, 'cuz you'll think of all us Cymbalta Warriors here on the internet chanting in harmony with you. Woot, nursedeborah ROCKS!!!!

#3 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

Hmmmmm ... Debbie Does....??????

Oooo no.....

*goes back to the drawing board*

=D

#4 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I have been off Cymbalta for just over 3 weeks now... and I'm feeling distinctly apathetic of late. Also have major probs sleeping. Melatonin improves things a bit but if I forget to take it.. i'm completely up that well known creek without a paddle.

I'm not sure though whether what I'm experiencing now is strictly due to the Cymbalta withdrawal or whether it is down to this being the longest I've been off ALL antidepressants in a good 10 years.

#5 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

Thanks you guys, I know from the list that it is withdrawl symptoms, but still it soooo hard right now.
I just keep trying to remember what someone said about it plays tricks on you.

On the list of withdrawl symptoms it says we will feel depressed!! Great just what I want!
So if you feeeling anything at all I would really consider it just the withdrawl symptoms.

If you have not gone to the site to look at them I wish everone would, even knowing them
helps, but right now as I did drop again I am forgetting that, and need to go back, and
read them several times again to have as many of them in my head ass I can.

It really helps when you are freaking, guess it shows I didn't do that.

Thak you Houdini, your reallly great, and I will try to rmember my old mantra.

Love,
Debbie

This too shall pass!

#6 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

Debbie:

That is it!!! Your mantra...."This too shall pass!" You are BRILLIANT! OOOO...use that too:
"This too shall pass and I am brilliant!"

:)

Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users