• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IMNHELL

IMNHELL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm on a horrible road. No one told me what it would be like... and now they don't want to help me. I'm going through hell and no one seems to understand. They think I'm nuts!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:10 PM

I have been on and off anxiety and deression meds for years. They seem to stop working and then about a year and a half ago, I was put on Cymbalta. It seemed to work pretty well until recently. Getting OFF the stuff is what nightmares are made of. Total anxiousness both mental and physical. The brain zaps were crazy and since I had never heard of them... I thought I was going out of my MIND! My brain catches up in slow motion to my eyes especially when I turn my head. My mood swings are WAY out of control and I have NO patience. I don't even want to be around ANYONE and this includes my family. It simply puts you in the cycle of destruction. It's causing problems at work too and I can't expleain to people what's going on. It sounds too crazy and hypochondriacish...
I also had the zaps thorught my body and now weeks after wheening off... I have very bad join pain and shooting pains.
My Psychiotrist moved 6 months ago and says he isn't taking new patience. Really! You can't see someone who is in crisis getting off the stuff he put me on? You can't spend 10 minutes to guide me? Can't give me referrals? After wanting to give up because I'm overwhelmed and totally depressed... I FINALLY made a call for another dr. but can't get in for a month and a half! How am I supposed to get through this with no help? I have been off for a month and have wavered on going back on... but have stayed firm. I tried the Benedryl... and It's okay but obviously has it's own side effects that make it tough to get through a day at work. I bit of Clonopin has helped. The muscle relaxers at night help in several ways too. I'm definitely interested in a more natural approach, so I have been working with a chiropractor who deals with NeuroScience. I have to give saliva and urine samples so that they can find what I may be deficient in... things to do with neurotransmitters etc. I also want to do the same with a naturopath who does samples with hair and can tell you what foods to stay away from. I have the intentions, but don't know how much more I can take this. Especially when no one else (family/friends/associates) have any idea what I am struggling with. Every deay is a struggle.

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

IMNHELL:

What dose of Cymbalta were or are you on? It seems maybe you went cold turkey, and we do know how awful that is. What a disaster huh?

What a 'delightful' story about your psychiatrist! Like YOU are a NEW patient? Excuse me? You are best off without him. Sorry he did this though. He probably doesn't know what to do for you so its just easier on his ego to use the 'new' patient excuse than to tell you he doesn't know anything about getting off Cymbalta.

Let us know what the natural approach is and how it is working. It sounds like a plan with someone who cares.

I will tell you that once I found this site, I became a little more patient with myself and my family/friends/associates. I hope you will find a little peace finding a place to vent with people who understand.

All my best....Houdi

#3 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:10 AM

It's ok, and I totally understand! Your not alone. I just can't fathom going off this stuff without doing it the slow slow decrease, and I still have the withdrawls your talking about.

I am taking the Omega 3, and Evening Prim Rose, doing the sun like I read on here, or you can do the Vit. D lot's of Vit. B's

It still sucks, I hate they way I am behaving at time, the ups and downs now the I have decreased again!!!

I only know from what I have read here it does get better over time. We are all different, so each of us will have to go at our own pace, I sure found that one out!!!

The best of luck to you, I am so excited for everyone to find themselves once off this drug.

Love,
Debbie

#4 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

I couldn't believe that someone else has the same symptom as you described "My brain catches up in slow motion to my eyes especially when I turn my head." I have tried to describe this feeling to my doctors but was unsure if it was the Cymbalta causing it. Now I know that this is it. Thank you so much...
I'm also trying to get off Cymbalta at a slow withdrawl but it is horrible. The side effects are terrible and I am having a difficult time. I get so depressed and cry at the drop of a hat. My head "feels funny" dizzy, electrical zaps..
oh well I may not succeed if anyone has any suggestions in the withdrawl to be more tolerable I would appreciate it.

thanks, kathy

Hi Kathy,

if you're having terrible withdrawal symptoms then your withdrawal is too fast. No matter how slow you think you're doing it, doing it slower again can relieve all of the symptoms.

What dose were you on?

When did you start withdrawing?

What dose are you on now?

regards, Maureen.

#5 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

You poor thing:( I understand exactly what you are talking about, and the brain in slow motion explains exactly what I experience - very disorienating, but I feel the same way just from taking Cymbalta - I am starting to really worry about coming off it, which I want to do immediately, but I can't cope with the idea of feeling any more dis-functional than I am now!

Oz, and Kathy,
Like Maurene said you can do this with the slow wean process.

What that is is whatever dose you on just start taking 10 beads
out every 2 weeks until your done.

Of course we are all different, and some can't even do the 10
beads a week, and then some can do 20 beads every 2 weeks, I
would not try the higher of the two until you first see what
your withdrawls are like when you just go down 10 beads.

I did get in a hurry, and went fast at times, and pain a very
high price, but then started to go slower, and wsd doing 5
beadds evey 2 weeks, and that waw better for me. Then I was
getting down to like 35-40 beads, and was starting to have
a hard time, so I had to just drop 1 bead every week.

I got down to 38, but had a terrible time, and went back to
30 for several weeks, and just today went down to 28. As odd
as this sounds, I can feel the difference. I have heard that
it is harder when one get's closer to the end, and getting off
the last 30 or so, again we are all different.

The brain is addicted to this drug, and once it get's some it
does show you that it really makes a bid difference.

I would just start alll over, and then start my slow wean from them,
it's so worth it! Also will save your sanity! and physical condition.

Debbie

#6 rocky road

rocky road

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    Went on Cymbalta 60mg for anxiety and depression... and this drug about killed me....rage, thoughts of hurting myself, panic out the yang, racing heart, anger, bouts of crying for up to 4 hours daily... could not think or focus, eye to brain cordination was off could not drive work....ect I am now down to 20mg withdrawl better but, i am still SICK..... scared, would like to meet some people who have had this drug take part of there lives away...Thanks

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

I have been on and off anxiety and deression meds for years. They seem to stop working and then about a year and a half ago, I was put on Cymbalta. It seemed to work pretty well until recently. Getting OFF the stuff is what nightmares are made of. Total anxiousness both mental and physical. The brain zaps were crazy and since I had never heard of them... I thought I was going out of my MIND! My brain catches up in slow motion to my eyes especially when I turn my head. My mood swings are WAY out of control and I have NO patience. I don't even want to be around ANYONE and this includes my family. It simply puts you in the cycle of destruction. It's causing problems at work too and I can't expleain to people what's going on. It sounds too crazy and hypochondriacish...
I also had the zaps thorught my body and now weeks after wheening off... I have very bad join pain and shooting pains.
My Psychiotrist moved 6 months ago and says he isn't taking new patience. Really! You can't see someone who is in crisis getting off the stuff he put me on? You can't spend 10 minutes to guide me? Can't give me referrals? After wanting to give up because I'm overwhelmed and totally depressed... I FINALLY made a call for another dr. but can't get in for a month and a half! How am I supposed to get through this with no help? I have been off for a month and have wavered on going back on... but have stayed firm. I tried the Benedryl... and It's okay but obviously has it's own side effects that make it tough to get through a day at work. I bit of Clonopin has helped. The muscle relaxers at night help in several ways too. I'm definitely interested in a more natural approach, so I have been working with a chiropractor who deals with NeuroScience. I have to give saliva and urine samples so that they can find what I may be deficient in... things to do with neurotransmitters etc. I also want to do the same with a naturopath who does samples with hair and can tell you what foods to stay away from. I have the intentions, but don't know how much more I can take this. Especially when no one else (family/friends/associates) have any idea what I am struggling with. Every deay is a struggle.

i am soooo sorry you are not alone i have felt the way you feel...i have only had 2 days now that i can think a little....i know what you are feeling and it will be ok....feel free to email me and we can talk more you need someone who understands...thank god for this site i thought i would kill myself or someone else....it gets better....rosefaraway@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users