Tiachic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOttawa
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

Well I know I have not been on this drug as long as many of you but I was on 30mg and for 6 weeks.  I went off cold turkey 10 days ago and it has been hard and it is still hard.  My Dr put me on Cymbalta and Lyrica together to control some nerve pain I was having in my low back extending to my legs.  Back was fused 20 years ago and rather than another surgery she seemed to think this combination of drugs along with celebrex and percocet would be the answer.  Well it wasn't the side effects were horrendous, so first it was stop the Lyrica side effects still awful, next stop the celebrex.. still bad, then switch percocet for tylenol 4 still awful I kept telling her it was the cymbalta a drug I had never tried before and after 6 weeks of diarrhea  I could not bring myself to put the cymbalta in my mouth.  I threw it out right then and there.  I am still having awful side effects.  My Dr asked me to go back on and I said absolutely not.  

Now for my question  I am finding that I am having terrible vertigo, ear ringing and sharp little shock or pinch type feelings in the back of my neck also on 8 weeks of diarrhea,  I figured since I was a short time Cymbalta user these would go away by now.

Any info out there on how long this should last?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

TC

On that short of a duration I would expect it to last around 4 to 8 weeks but that is a educated guess. A lot depends on weight and age.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:04 AM

TC

Typical withdrawal symptoms even after 6 weeks, as FH said, short duration compared to those who have taken it for years. Best of luck!

#4 Tiachic

Tiachic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOttawa
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:50 AM

Thanks I hope it is sooner than later.  My heart goes out to all the people struggling with this drug.  I am one of the lucky ones quitting it at the early stages.  Still buzzing and zapping today.  RLS was not so bad last night.  There is so much going on while coming off it I don't know what is cymbalta and what is something else.  I am 56 years old and have been on many meds prior to my surgery none have been as bad as this pill. Started trying to settle my stomach with ginger and turmeric tea.  Will be searching for alternative to medications from now on.

#5 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:46 PM

Hi again TC,

As for not knowing what is doing what, welcome to our world!

This is a question that we ask ourselves daily, even if cymbalta is not the cause. But we are sure that the zaps are from this drug, at least!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users