Photo

4 Months Off Cymbalta, Thinking About Going Back. Advice?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zoejoyy

Zoejoyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:20 AM

About four months ago I decided to go off of Cymbalta (without the help of a doctor). I was lucky and didn't suffer from any physical side effects, but since stopping the meds, my anxiety has been worse than ever before. I feel disconnected and not as happy as I know I could be. I'm hesitant to start taking it again because of all of the negatives, but I feel like I need to. Does anyone have any experience with stopping and then going back on Cymbalta? And advice is greatly appreciated!

#2 DebMorris

DebMorris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

Hi Zoejoyy,

Honestly I wouldn't go back on Cymbalta.  I was on that crap for 10 yrs or more and was taken off of it abruptly last June & put back on & it has been the worst year of my life.  After being put back on it nothing changed.  I was admitted to hospital 3 different times, numerous ER visits, crying all the time, insomnia, you name it I had it.  If you feel you need something I would read some success stories on here of people that have switched to different medication.  I am now on Imipramine & weaning off of Ativan to 1mg  a day instead of 3 x's a day.  I also see a Psychologist 2 x's a week that has been very good for me because it teaches you how to deal w/ the anxiety.  I didn't think it was going to work but in the long run it is very beneficial to know how to handle yourself when the anxiety/panic occurs.  I want to also add that if you decide to get on something else to give it time.  My dr's switched me so much on to different medication & it was horrible, it only makes you worse.  There are people on here that are very knowledgeable about this & please listen to them because they will help you make the right decision.  Try to see a Psychiatrist for your meds, I found that PCP's really don't know a lot about antidepressants. Hope this helped you & you get the help you need.

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users