• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ontheledge

Ontheledge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:52 PM

Some of you guys that have weaned off cymbalta, please give me some hope ... How long does the withdrawal continue???

I read posts a while back and the tapering off (beads) seemed so sensible. I have been on cymbalta about 12-13 years, 60 mg. I began reducing the beads, first 5 at a time --- then I figured I could increase after a while. Bottom line, after 2 months, I was off!!! But, being OFF the meds, just means insanity without meds.

Yesterday I was on the clouds. Great day, birds singing, the whole nine. Today I was so miserable I could scream. I work up with body/muscle aches and fatigue. I also had a low grade fever. The head noise was so irritating. My thoughts were so unclear --- extreme brain fog. And agitated!!!! OMG!

Maybe I should taper back on and then back off more slowly????? I thought I wanted to get off because I hated that it was so addictive and I have gained about 40 or so pounds. But, now I think those are minor issues compared to how I currently feel. Even as I post, my ears will NOT stop 'buzzing.'

Advice??????

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

Hi Ontheledge

I like the name you chose.

Okay the story is this. You weaned off way too fast.

Go back on to the last dose that you felt good as and see it that makes you feel better. If it does then wait until you stabilize at that dose and then start the bead counting again but go much slower. Just take one or two beads out. Too large of drops is what causes the trouble. And to go too much of a jump at the end is only going to do just what is happening to you now.

So get stable again so you can feel better. You will be amazed at how soon you feel better.

#3 Ontheledge

Ontheledge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:38 PM

Thanks so much, lady2882nancy.

I am such a mess right now. Your post made me cry. Not because of the content, but to have someone respond who understands. I am so freakin emotional today. :(

I don't know when I WAS stable. I have had the tinnitus for so long. One missed dose before I started tapering and the tinnitus would start. Although I hate the idea of addictive ness, right now I am questioning why I tried to get off to begin???? I don't see any benefits, but the wd is misery.

If you are still up, could you help me remember why getting off is preferred to just staying on?

Thanks again for your response and support. There are several of you on this forum that are definitely godsends!!!

#4 Gran23

Gran23

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts
  • why_joining:
    Want off Cymbalta for good

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:47 AM

Ontheledge I am so sorry you are having the withdrawals.  I agree with lady2882nancy that you did not decrease slowly enough.  I have been decreasing since January and still just to 25mg from 60mg.  Yes, go back on the Cymbalta and stabilize then make very small decreases and stay at that level for a week or 2 before making any further decrease.  It takes longer to get off but with minimal withdrawal symptoms.  Your body needs to adjust to each decrease before going further.  I hope you start to feel better soon.  You need to get plenty of rest, eat well and get some exercise and sunshine.  Be very good to yourself.  Keep us posted as to how you are feeling. 

#5 Ontheledge

Ontheledge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:45 AM

Thanks to both of you for the feedback!! After my meltdown day before y'day and subsequent encouragement by lady2882Nancy, I took about a15 mg dose before I went to bed. Yesterday morning I did the same. All the WD effects ... Gone!! Yay! I did not take another dose last night, but thought I might "try" how I feel with just 15 mg (75 beads)/day.

I will take your advice Gran23, as well, and get back on my walking routine. What a blessing to have found others who can properly advise. No tinnitus, no dizziness or confusion --- clarity of thought ... Wow! Life is good!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users