• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join for I have been on Cymbalta for 4 months and am weaning off of it now.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:59 AM

4th day off since taking a 5mg...I so carefully counted those little beads :o(....My neck and shoulders along with headaches have been bad this week....I don't know if it is stress or if this is yet another symptom....i know the headaches are from the pill and I still have the zaps at night, it is beginning to freak me out....I feel like I have been run over by a truck...I am continuing my supplements at full blast and drinking lots of spring water to flush this poison out of my system....I will surely celebrate when this is all over...Patience is the answer I think......and lots of faith...stick with it everyone, we all will soon feel like ourselves again....

#2 lynnsyoung

lynnsyoung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    withdrawal symptoms impacting my performance at work

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:57 AM

I am finally off this nasty stuff and no more withdrawal. I had the neck and shoulder pain too. It seemed to get worse during withdrawal. I figured the muscle spasms and nerve pinches I had while on Cymbalta were having their last all out party on me before the drug was gone. I was right. It has only been a week but a glorious week. No waking up and not being able to move because a muscle between my neck and my hip is about to snap. My hair is not all matted up in the back when I wake up. I think I was driving that truck that ran you over, in my sleep and I kept watching the rear views or something. Horrible sleep on Cymbalta. The first day without a symptom I was almost high. Colors were brighter, music sounded better, my husband was even cuter ;-). I enjoyed it but knew from this forum that it may be temporary and it was but it gave me hope. I had withdrawals again the very next day and I had two very bad days after that before all the symtoms were gone. I still have knee pain which I had before Cymbalta but all the other little aches and weird pains have gone. I weened for 2 weeks. I started with 60, and went to 30 for the first week then poured out half the beads from the 30mg and took that for the second week,then I went cold turkey. The way I did it is not recommended. Read more posts to see better ways with less symptoms. I just wanted off that stuff so bad. I'm not all giddy or high feeling now but I figured that would never last and I don't need it too. I am happy with just normal. Hang in there it gets worse before it gets better but it does get better.

#3 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join for I have been on Cymbalta for 4 months and am weaning off of it now.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hey lynnsyoung, good for you I am on day 7 without this poison......the truck is still running over me and I am feeling the pain and stiffness....but am feeling so much better....not wonderful but better.......keep up the positive thinking....omg...and the knee thing started with me at work today...out of no where I had this terrible pain in my left knee as if it had over extended...that is crazy...but this too shall pass, at least I am hopeful it does....I'm hanging in there and you keep it going too...........thank goodness we are off finally.............

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

Hey lynnsyoung, good for you I am on day 7 without this poison......the truck is still running over me and I am feeling the pain and stiffness....but am feeling so much better....not wonderful but better.......keep up the positive thinking....omg...and the knee thing started with me at work today...out of no where I had this terrible pain in my left knee as if it had over extended...that is crazy...but this too shall pass, at least I am hopeful it does....I'm hanging in there and you keep it going too...........thank goodness we are off finally.............

Hello Whathaveldone:
It caught my attention that you mentioned you had "knee pain". I took cymbalta for Major Depression not Fibromyalgia and now that I am weaning, I am experiencing pain in my right knee, it also came out of nowhere.
Did you take cymbalta for depression or Fibromyalgia??? Did your knee pain go away?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users