#1 lipstickshells

lipstickshells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    how to wean myself of cymbalta

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:31 AM

Hi, I quit cold turkey from 20 mgs. (am extremely sensitive to meds) and have been in bed for 13 days now. Last night I was so miserable I took 10 mgs. hoping to have a little relief... I feel just as bad as yesterday. I have all the withdrawal symptoms to almost the max- I've almost committed myself to the hospital twice b/c I feel so helpless and depressed wondering how much longer this can go on. I was on this primarily for fibromyalgia. The withdrawal symptoms not improved AT ALL, this is what's so scary to me. I'm a SAHM of four and I'm completely useless. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to whether they think I should just keep going cold turkey since its been two weeks already, or to pick it back up and slowly taper off. I'm also pregnant and I really don't want to expose the baby to this. I already have migraines pretty often, but since I've gone off this I've only had 4 migraine free days (partial days anyway). Thanks for any and all advice.

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

lipstickshells:

I am so sorry you are in this predicament. It's aweful huh?

Because you are pregnant, I believe you should check with your OB/GYN about your next course of action. First and foremost, you and your baby have to be safe. And, when we feel aweful from Cymbalta cold turkey withdrawals, we may get dehydrated from being sick. So, your OB/GYN may not know much about cymbalta, but you should be under his/her care and be sure he/she agrees with your next moves.

Take this information with you to see your OB/GYN along with the information that this withdrawal isn't going well at all. Many forum members report that a support prescription of Prozac for one week or so seems to really alleviate all the Cymbalta withdrawal issues that you are experiencing. Prozac may not be an anti-depressant a pregnant person can safely take. So, the key is a longer half life anti depressant, like Prozac, seems to help immensely. I mean IMMENSELY.

Don't fret about taking a dose of cymbalta last night. It is so understandable. Cymbalta withdrawal is so bad and unforgiving.

Get that appointment with the OB/GYN immediately. I bet you will be able to come up with a plan with a great outcome, you feeling better and a healthy Mom and baby.

I'm thinking of you and can't imagine being pregnant along with this withdrawal. You are a tough cookie....Best to you...Houdi

#3 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:59 AM

lipstickshells,
Would love to know what made you come up with that name?

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time, add being pregnant. You must call your doctor. If your feeling the withdrawls that bad, well it is causing way too much stress on you, and the baby. Mom's to be need to be calm, and the brutality of these withdrawls are just way too much for the both of you.

I agree with Houdini, call you doctor this am, and tell him you have been in bed for two weeks, tell him all your symptoms, but also about this site, and all of us.

Checks out this site, and read them all, and tell him what it says

http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

You will be ok, and so will the baby. It just sucks right now, and also the one you took didn't do any harm as you had already been on it while you were pregnant.

I am a nurse, but not giving medical advice,
Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users