Photo

This Is What Is Helping With No Withdrawls So Far.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 avaluke

avaluke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

My doctor put me on Effexor another SNRI at the same time as getting off of Cymbalta. A member brought this to my attention and I didn't realize why I haven't had any problems getting off of Cymbalta.

A couple of years ago I tried to get off of Cymbalta but the withdrawls were too much to handle, so I went back on. My new doctor has put me on Effexor as I'm tapering off of Cymbalta. I was on 120mg of Cymbalta and she had me take 75mg of Effexor and increase the Effexor by another 75mg of Effexor within 2 weeks. 

The first few days after getting off Cymbalta as I just started Effexor was not unbearable but I did feel uncomfortable. I  believe as the Effexor was kicking in the withdrawls went away so within 3 weeks I cut my Cymbalta back to 60mg with no withdrawl symptoms. I don't know if she realized what she was doing but I haven't had any withdrawls. Now I only have to get off of 60 more mg of Cymbalta and I will be off of them completely. This will means I will be off of 120mg of Cymbalta withing about 5 weeks. 

Wish me Luck,

Just wanted to share that with my fellow suffers.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

Not unusual avaluke. That is called cross-tapering. The problem is you will wind up on a different AD, Effexor, which has a nasty withdrawal as well. Do you plan on getting off the ADs completely at some point or staying on Effexor. There is no shame in staying on an AD. We have to do what we have to do to have quality of life.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Avaluke,

Doing just great! Your doctor seems to really know what he's doing, we don't hear that often.

Wish you luck! I don't think it's needed here as you are doing the things right. Bravo!

I hope you come back and update us. You will be alright Avaluke!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users