10 replies to this topic

#1 AliYogini

AliYogini

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:50 PM

Started a very slow taper from 30 mg last Sept. I'm currently at 3mg. Counted down from 180 beads to my current level of18 beads. Is it generally advised to continue the countdown to zero or do most people (safely) stop somewhere before that. I know every person's body reacts differently, but I just wondered what the majority of people do. Also, if they quit at. .for example 2mg, would the withdrawal be pretty mild at that point, or not? Just wondering..getting anxious to get off of this.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:15 AM

I am glad you asked AliYogini.

The hardest part is the last 5 mg for most. The ones who successfully wean of usually go very slow at this point. 1 bead a week and some slower. I wish it weren't so but unluckily it is so. Just hang in there a little while longer. You can make this.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

Hello Aliyogini,

Same here, go real real slow. One bead a week and even slower with the last few beads.

Nice to see you Ali!

#4 AliYogini

AliYogini

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:36 PM

Coincidentally. ..I had a really bad day last week.. had tingling really strong in hands and feet all night which made sleeping all but impossible, headache upon waking and headache persisted all day, felt kind of dizzy all day and just felt weird all day. I had no idea what was wrong or what caused it. Last night when I went to take my cymbalta I noticed I had 1 extra pill in my pill box for the week. I must have missed my pill one day this week. Then I remembered having that one really bad day and realized I must have missed my pill and it caused that.

#5 AliYogini

AliYogini

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

Thanks FH and Hail for your reply. I will heed your advice. But it does seem like this is taking forever...:(

#6 AliYogini

AliYogini

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

Gail not hail. Typo. So sorry.

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

That is Ok Aliyogini, she answers to a lot of names. :lol:

If it seems like it is taking forever then you are probably almost going slow enough.  lol

#8 RonNL

RonNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

Hi guys,

I'm very glad I found this forum! I want to start weaning of by bead counting. I'm from The Netherlands and the lowest dose available here is 30mg (in the typical blue white pill) instead of 20mg. I have quit once before, cold turkey style, after using it for a year and some what weeks. I actually survived all the brain zapping and tiredness for 15 days straight! Can you believe me that I even attended a metal festival during the first week?

The tiredness was very annoying, but I knew this was all due to withdrawal symptoms, so I just let it be, and I was quit peacefull with it.

Unfortunately two months later I started feeling bad, as in, weird brain tingling, like there was an itch ontop, but inside of my head, muscle tension, dizzyness (which is one of my main anxiety triggers),and eventually started using the 30mg again. I felt good again after just the first pill! I felt like I betrayed myself because this was probably some sort of postponed withdrawal symptom, something my oldest sister warned me about who had done the same a year before.

I've been on it for 1.5yr now but I don't feel that the drug is helping me anymore. I know what triggers some of my anxiety and I can sometimes still feel it while on Cymbalta when something in life or at work happends, so why even bother swallowing... The whole 'I don't care' attitude is also starting to become boring and annoying. I'd rather be able to feel again!

I want to do it slow this time. Before I start this, do all pills have the same amount of pellets inside? And do you do this by simply removing a percentage of beads, for instance 2% of the total beads per day/week/month. Or do I need to weigh the pellets?

I'm on the CentraFarm 30mg Duloxetine (Cymbalta) version, blue white pill with a lot of yellowish small pellets inside.

Many thanks in advance, any advice is welcome!

Regards,

Ron

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

Welcome Ron

Each brand has a different number of beads inside. It will be necessary to open one up and count the little monsters. I normally recommend to drop no faster than 1% a day and the slower the better. Anytime you feel symptoms coming on just stay at that dose until you are stable. When you start back weaning again just go a little slower. A special warning. When you get down to around 3 or 4 mg things can get bad quickly. B e prepared to drop around 1 bead a week or so. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones who will have little problems. Please feel free to come back and ask questions and let us know how you are doing.

#10 RonNL

RonNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:05 AM

Thank you for helping me out! I'm planning on taking it slow indeed.

I'll try and calculate how many beads are 5mg, and once I reach that point, take extra caution (thanks for the heads up).

Regards,

Ron

#11 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:54 AM

Hello Ron,

Welcome to the forum. I have nothing to add as Fishinghat has given you the information you need.

I liked what you said about tiredness, just let it be and that you were peaceful with it. Thank you for the reminder (let it be). I needed to hear this again.

Come back anytime, we are a family, and we are here for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users