8 replies to this topic

#1 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Hi,
I just got back from the doc's, and told him about the withdrawls. He thinksit's due to my dx of Chronic Pain Symdrome.
I don't agree with him and he still said ok to going on the Prozac. I am just going to go a bit faster getting off this crap
using both, and just keep going down on the Cymbalta until I am off.

I also have a severe case of PTSD, and my withdrawl symptoms are just more than I can deal with at the same time.
I have been doing it, but I just don't feel like this is a kind way for me to do this to myself, and I just need help.

I have gone through so much in the last 4 years, and just can't take much more of the mental part of this. I can do
the physical as I live in pain, and have other medical crap, then again it can just be the drug that has caused it all.

Either way, I just want to get off it faster. If I am making a dumb mistake I will know soon enough. At least the
Paxil will give me some energy, it did years ago when I was on it. I never should have listened to all those TV
commericials, and tthings I read in magazines!!!

I think they should not be allowed to sell these products that way. They made it illegal to sell booze, but I think it's
just beer, as I have seen some for hard liquor, or lirqueous. I am rambling, maybe the Prozac is kicking in, or it's
a withdrawl symptom as I went down on the Cymbalta this am another 10 beads.

So now I am at 40 mg minus 35 beadss, and day 1 of Prozac 20 mg!!!

Wish me luck, I am praying for some relief!!

Debbie

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

Debbie:

I sure hope the Prozac helps you as much as it has helped others! Bless you!! Best of wishes....Houdi

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

Hi Debbie,

You may be interested to know that it is illegal to advertising prescription drugs to the public in Australia.

I honestly can't see the point. It must be difficult enough for doctors to evaluate the information the drug companies give on the drug - i.e. the positive spin they place on it.

It must put an awful lot of pressure on doctors to prescribe what they get asked for.

No wonder those without insurance pay hundreds of dollars for Cymbalta - all the advertising costs get built in!!

Good luck with the Prozac.

Maureen.

#4 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

Debbie

Ramble as much as you like. We are here for you. If rambling helps, then go right ahead :)

#5 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hi Everyone,
I think it's all in my head, but I have had it happen before with other antidepressants as I am so sensitive to all meds, but I did feel
something last night after I took the first dose of Prozac 20 mg. I actually felt so much better so I don't care what is causing this I
will just enjoy it for now.

I went ahead and went down to 30 mg from 40 mg minus 35 beads. I am just going to see what happens today with that drop in the
Cymbalta.

All I know is right now I feel kinda of happy, relieved, and safe. That has not been something I have been able to experience in years.
Maybe it's just because my I feel like I have made the right decision? Who knows? Like I said I will just enjoy it while I can.

Thanks for all your support, I may be back in an hour crying or freaking out,lol.

Love,
Debbie

#6 luv2lope

luv2lope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I am withdrawing from cymbalta and want/need support

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling better Debbie! Keep us up to date!
Nancy

#7 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

Debbie - good to hear.

You're right - there's no doubt about the power of the mind - the trouble is harnessing it when we're being subjected to the chemical hell of Cymbalta withdrawal.

Hope it continues.

Incidentally, what you're saying is exactly how I felt on my first day of Lexapro - I felt like I'd turned into a person again - with a shell to protect me rather than feeling like someone who's been skinned and has every nerve in their body exposed to the world, if that makes sense. (This isn't a thumbs up for Lexapro, just saying I understand what you mean.)

Maureen.

#8 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just had a really good post and managed to delete it before submitting. Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Debbie
I was saying that it's really good that Prozac seems to be helping. You have had such a hard time with this. Maybe your body needs this particular drug right now? From all reports its one of the easiest to get off too so it should make your journey a lot easier.

I can tell from the way you talk that you are 'normally' a highly capable person. Hopefully the Prozac will help you to feel that way again and ease the withdrawal from this horrible drug that is Cymbalta.

#9 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

Maureen

Your comment about Lexapro and what it did for your nervous system interested me. I think you are trying to describe the same thing I've been feeling since I've been off Cymbalta. In that stupid post that I managed to delete before submitting - I came up with a description that might be useful. It's kind of like that feeling you get when the muscles on the back of your neck and in your shoulders are really tight from stress. The inability to be able to relax your shoulders down and feel relaxed. Only that feeling is present throughout the nervous system. Does that make sense????????????????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users