#871 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:39 PM

IUN - I have been reading a few articles lately on dizziness associated with antidepressant use and/or withdrawal. I did find an article or two that suggested (from their observations) that dizziness which is when moving the eyes back and forth is usually caused by withdrawal. If the dizziness is not associated with eye movement then it is probably a side effect from taking an antidepressant and may not go away with time. Two of the researchers said that prolonged dizziness due to a side effect of taking an antidepressant is the leading cause of people discontinuing their antidepressant. Unluckily that don't say how to cure it. lol Just change your AD. That's easy. )He said sarcastically)

#872 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

Hmm - can you clarify further what you have found just to clear this up... and to put my mind at ease.

When I get dizzy, I also get nystagmus (also known as 'dancing eyes'), which is involuntary - so are you saying this is likely the withdrawal? I had the same thing when I had my seizures coming off the duloxetine.

For the most part, it is not dizziness (as the in the vertigo sense) it is an intense headACHE, the odd zap or what feels like too much pressure in the head. The dizziness which the doctor thought was labyrinthitis dissipated, and aside from last weekend, has not returned.

But I am interested to know what these articles suggest...

#873 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

These papers were vague at best. The papers centered around clinical observations and are therefore very subjective. The heart of their opinion was that if voluntary movement made the dizziness worse then it was probably related to withdrawal. If eye movements were not a factor with the dizziness then the dizziness was more likely a side effect of the ssri/snri. They also made some general comments about dizziness as a side effect of ssri/snri was the moist common reason for people to discontinue AD use ir change ADs. No data to back that up was given.

My concern is that if the dizziness you experience id a side effect of the Citalopram then down the road you might have to consider a different AD. (God forbid)

#874 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:23 PM

That is a very strange hypothesis. 

Given that I had all the dizziness and such when I was on the Lexapro, then did a 10mg CT, albeit with the citalopram, it was quite a jump. I think I am just going through a very unfortunate withdrawal. Even when the Citalopram reaches full level, there is likely to still be some residual effects.

I was fine on Citalopram for 12 years, so I hope it has not turned on me. The thought of having to find something else is horrific. If that were the case, I would opt for amino acids/supplements. I just don't think my brain can take any more meds.

#875 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Thought you would get a kick out of this.

https://start.att.ne...ategory/finance
Is CBD Legal? Ben & Jerry's Announces Pending Ice Cream Addition

#876 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

Alleviate depression with ice cream... where have we seen that before!!! :)

That is genius - thanks Hat. Needed that :) 

#877 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:04 AM

Been a while since my last update, but I have come to a realisation today and could do with some input as I am finding myself getting worse again today and am really scared.

I have been ill in one form or another - largely head fog, head ache or dizzy spells - since the start of the year. It is not getting better and having had to spend more time indoors/in bed, it has only made me realise how horrible things are.

I now find myself unable to stop thinking "I will never get better", "When will my physical symptoms start today", "how bad will they be".

But at this moment, I feel my issue is actually bordering on OCD... to explain...

My compulsive thoughts are based on actual (rational) events, and thus regular CBT will not apply as all the time I am feeling ill (which causes depression/anxiety), these are grounds on which to base the thoughts. They weren't compulsive, but have gradually got compulsive as a result of having too much time to encourage introspective behaviour.

So, the repeated thoughts and behaviors, while self destructive and unsuccessful, are attempts to gain control over the situation. I am caught in vicious cycle from which I cannot extricate myself from.

I know we have many other members on the forum who are ill in this respect. I have a lot of responsibilities and it really worries me how I am going to keep going. I did have a good few hours yesterday, but the morning just brings it crashing down again and on these days, I just find it impossible to pull myself back out of the hole I repeatedly fall into...

#878 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

Am having another difficult day. Woke feeling really low again. First 4 hours of the day were so tough.

I went to first two clients and was a case of "faking it", but I found it relatively easy. But as soon as I stop... just for a second... the depression comes crashing down on me again. I now have a break for an hour and within 15 minutes I am right back down again. I am scared to be alone with my thoughts. 

Where on earth did this come from?? 

Too much time on my own following all the various illnesses where I couldn't get out and engage with life. Sincerely hope there is an exit to this tunnel somewhere..

#879 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

Shall I be blunt my sweet! These are side effect from celexa. If at this point in time you have not stabalized yet, I don't think you will stabilize in the times to come.

Celexa is far from duloxetine in a matter of withdrawal. Just take the time, maybe the 10mg is sufficient, you will see down the road. And with supplements, it could be easier.

All this said with love!

#880 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

Thank you Gailage. I also think it is the Celexa... and all these pills have pushed me too far. Just wish I had some answers. I am guessing that it took 10 days for the depression to set in after the drop, so I will need to wait another 10 days to get the lift back up again. So strange that my anxiety is nowhere to be seen at the moment.

Much love... I really value the support.

#881 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

Hi Guys. Not swung by in months. I've just been having a read on how everyone us doing. IVUN, I'm sorry to read that you're not back to yourself yet! On the right track though!

I've been doing great since January. I've stayed at exactly the same amount of beads (bead counted my capsules everyday of 375 beads) & had zero side effects. Then all of a sudden, about a week ago I started with light headedness & tiredness & then 2 days ago I started with anxiety, spaced out & very low mood. Yesterday, I was pretty much ok again & then today very anxious, tired, spaced out & low mood again. The only thing that I could possibly put it down to is that I took my over-flow clear capsual (with my spare beads in) just over a week ago instead of my counted capsual. It had approx 100 beads less in than I usually take. That was just over a week ago now though. Could that one mistake, cause anxiety & depressed mood a week later? I am remember, very sensitive. Fish actually said the most sensitive he'd seen.

#882 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:52 PM

Absolutely. It is hard to think clearly when going through withdrawal and mistakes like this happen often. If things get too bad you may have to take a few extra beads to stabilize. Hang in there.

#883 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:58 AM

Hi Hat. Hope you are well! I'm not weaning. I've been stable on 375 beads a day since January (40mg) & planned to stay on thst dose till the end of the year. I took a capsule by mistake with only 275 beads just over a week ago. A week later I start with light handedness, foggy head, anxiety. Could this be from the one capsule with -100 beads in?

#884 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

For sure. Not surprised at all. When you start weaning keep us posted on your progress please.

#885 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:40 PM

For sure. Not surprised at all. When you start weaning keep us posted on your progress please.

Phew, that has put my mind at rest a bit Hat! I have been PM'ing the fantastic Juli who reminded me of how sensitive I am to these meds & the effects weaning had on me previously & that I have been here before. I just didn't think that it'd take a week after one incorrect dose for the emotional effects to show. I guess I'll just ride the wave as they say!

I hope you're doing well Hat!

#886 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

There's me saying that I thought a week would have seen stability given the half-life... but Hat's advice comes from a far larger base of circumstances than my own, so I am sincerely hoping that you improve in the next few days.

#887 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:27 AM

Thanks IUN. Hat has indeed got years of experience on the matter under his belt. He's seen many examples over the years.

#888 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:14 PM

Well, I learned something new last night in the news. A group of distinguished American medical professionals went to the UK and France lately to study their National healthcare systems to see if they could learn anything from the UK or France that might improve our healthcare system. Basically they said that the UK and French systems were even worse than ours. lol

BUT I did learn one thing. They said that in the USA a Doctor must take 4 years of college pre-med course, 4 years of medical school and then 3 years as an intern before becoming a licensed dr. BUT in Europe they are only required to take 4 years of medical school and then 3 years as an intern before becoming licensed. They also said that the USA was one of the few countries that require 11 years to get your MD. That really surprised me. That really surprised me.

#889 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:09 PM

I cannot say that surprised me at all! Americans have always taken what we call a "belt and braces" approach to these things. They get the job done. The British are more a case of "that'll do". They rush people through the system because there aren't enough in the UK I expect! But surprised at France as their system is known to be very good - but measured against the lowly yardstick that is the NHS, anything would look good.

With Brexit coming up, the NHS is likely to be privitised and bought out by someone over your way. Whilst everyone else in the UK is up in arms about it, I welcome it. I know the US Health system isn't without its flaws (who's isn't?), but I would feel far safer in your country than what we have, and if being taken over is what it takes, then bring it on.

Thanks for the info...

#890 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:03 PM

IUN - Glad to see you are doing well. Yes, well!! I think after all the med changes, dose changes and stress you have been through you are doing great. I bet you are doing a lot better in 3 or 4 months.

#891 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:11 AM

Thanks Hat.

The last couple of months has shown a very good turnaround. The homeopathy has certainly helped with the physical issues related to the meds. It is just very unfortunate that I have just been discharged from the mental health services after being promised therapy. I didn't realise until yesterday quite how much I was pinning on that. But I have made efforts to find the appropriate therapy and hope this will be sufficient to pull me out of the lingering depression...

#892 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:30 AM

With all the psych meds you have been on lately have you thought about having your testosterone checked?

#893 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:49 AM

It has crossed my mind, but I have not suggested to the doctor yet. This is something that he would first have to approve, and over here with the NHS as it is, there has to be plenty of evidence to warrant any test...

#894 Troypants

Troypants

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 10:39 PM

Been a while since my last update, but I have come to a realisation today and could do with some input as I am finding myself getting worse again today and am really scared.

I have been ill in one form or another - largely head fog, head ache or dizzy spells - since the start of the year. It is not getting better and having had to spend more time indoors/in bed, it has only made me realise how horrible things are.

I now find myself unable to stop thinking "I will never get better", "When will my physical symptoms start today", "how bad will they be".

But at this moment, I feel my issue is actually bordering on OCD... to explain...

My compulsive thoughts are based on actual (rational) events, and thus regular CBT will not apply as all the time I am feeling ill (which causes depression/anxiety), these are grounds on which to base the thoughts. They weren't compulsive, but have gradually got compulsive as a result of having too much time to encourage introspective behaviour.

So, the repeated thoughts and behaviors, while self destructive and unsuccessful, are attempts to gain control over the situation. I am caught in vicious cycle from which I cannot extricate myself from.

I know we have many other members on the forum who are ill in this respect. I have a lot of responsibilities and it really worries me how I am going to keep going. I did have a good few hours yesterday, but the morning just brings it crashing down again and on these days, I just find it impossible to pull myself back out of the hole I repeatedly fall into...

Man... Doesn't this sound familiar, this is my experience 100%, obsession, intrusive thoughts, negative introspection.

I have given myself phobias from the withdrawal.. Cymbalta is an evil, evil drug.

#895 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 August 2022 - 05:12 PM

Troy...

I am here to help you. I have been through than more that I can imagine. Please response with more detail relating to the above and I would be only too happy to help you.

This is what I am here for. Please do not suffer more than you need to. I have been through so much and I just want what is best for fo others.

IUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users