Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#181 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

Oh and to answer the other question - I do not think it is directly WD, more a combination of mix of citalopram and lexapro, previous virus... stress? Who knows!

#182 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:15 PM

Ya that's about how it goes. Oddly enough I've had a pattern where I feel good about an hour after I take it but the initial effect only lasts for a few hours. Usually it takes about 24 hours before I feel good. Then around the 3 day mark it starts to trail off - kind of the way alcohol would during benzo WD. Could it set me back for my benzo WD then? It acts on gaba doesn't it? Thank you!

#183 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:04 AM

People have used CBD to come off a lot of meds - including benzos, so whilst it does act on GABA similarly to a benzo, it will ease the transition. The effect on your GABA receptors on the amount of CBD you are taking is minimal compared to a benzo dosage.

Have a read of this article - I think you will find it useful;

https://www.care2.co...b-with-cbd.html

Answer to the questions was on a second post! Is above your reply!

#184 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:41 AM

Hey but I'm worried about using anything that acts on my gaba receptors. Alcohol for instance, threw me into prolonged horrible benzo wd. It would help me feel better for a few days in the same manner as cbd, and then id get thrown into a worse hell each time. I'd get 5 month setbacks after drinking a glass of wine in benzo wd. It was a nightmare. I don't want anything that works on the same receptors.

All that being said, nothing compares to this. Cymbalta wd is pure torture. It's days like today where I wonder how on earth I can make it out of this alive. My mind and body have been under so much abuse for so long. I feel so defeated.

#185 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

There are two classes of meds that work on a receptor. Agonists that stimulate a receptor and agonists that slow down a receptor. You just have to be careful about which one to use. Gaba agonists will cause relaxation just like benzos and help take the edge off the withdrawal. Antagonists will cause increased anxiety and be a very bad ordeal. Lion's Mane Mushroom and L-theanine both are agonists and usually help the withdrawal (although too much L-theanine can cause sleepiness).

Alcohol is a terrible thing to attempt during any withdrawal as it can both stimulate and inhibit nearly a dozen receptors. That is why some people are happy drunks, some are angry drunks, some just go to sleep, etc. It can be both an agonist and an antagonist of gaba receptors as well as many other receptors.

#186 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:07 AM

Hey Fishinghat. So I'm unclear. Do you think cbd would set me back for the long-term? I'm deathly afraid of anything that acts on gaba. I even stay away from chamomile tea! I can't risk getting set back more than I already am. I think I'm going to stay away from cbd from now on. My mantra is anything that brings short term relief brings long term pain.

#187 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

"My mantra is anything that brings short term relief brings long term pain. "

Not the case Forlyla. There are several things that an bring about that feeling in people though.

First of all, CBD does not usually set one back with time. Normally as your withdrawal decreases you will simply need less and less cbd to help with the withdrawal. Just remember, there is no guarantees. ANY medicine or supplement can cause a reaction in some people or poop out in effectiveness with time. All you can do is start low and go slow.

One of the most Important things about taking meds or supplements is the old teacup teaspoon rule.
In the old days almost all medicines were dispensed in a liquid for. Just like today some people would have no issue with a med and others would so the saying "teacup teaspoon" was developed b y patients (1800's). So if a dr prescribes you 10o mg of something that you have never taken before you start with 20 mg ( a small dose). If there are side effects they will be small. If no side effects than next time try 40 mg. Work your way up to the recommended dose as you feel comfortable. For example the 100 mg of L=theanine. I would start at 20 mg and work my way up from there. Don't be afraid of something that effects the same receptors just be careful and educate yourself first.

#188 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:27 PM

Don't be afraid of something that effects the same receptors just be careful and educate yourself first.

Perfectly put...

#189 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

What do you guys think would be a reasonable taper speed for someone as sensitive as me? I feel like I'll never get out of this. :( I'm so sad.

#190 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

How many beads in a capsule and where are you at on your dosage right now?

#191 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

I don't know how many beads to be honest. I'll have to count when I'm home. I'm at 25mg though. I thought dropping 10% a month was slow and I was dead wrong!

Is it normal to get into weeks long tired phases? It seems like how I feel is so dependent on my sleep. Lack of sleep kills me. Having a newborn has been so hard.

#192 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

Yes, the fatigue can last a long time and having a new born sure won't help!!

#193 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

Fatigue - been there, done that. You seriously think it could never be that long. Feel like you have run a marathon every day...

#194 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:39 PM

Thanks guys. You've been a real support to me over the last month and helped me get through some really tough days. The last 25+ months have been a real learning experience. Do you think people come through this ok? Will all this stress kill me - cancer etc? I've developed a fear of cancer the last couple months since some people I've talked to seem convinced their withdrawal caused it.

#195 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:39 PM

There are plenty of us here as evidence that people do come through, and no, stress does not (directly) cause cancer. It can certainly seem like the withdrawal can cause so much, and don't get me wrong, meds can cause a lot more harm than good in the wrong place, but withdrawal is a GOOD thing! You are stopping to take them :)

#196 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:06 AM

I agree with IUN. The neurotransmitter in balance effects the amygdala and hippocampus in the brain. These are centers for fear and worry (as well as some emotions). This causes all sorts of paranoia including deep seated health concerns. It DOES fade with time.

#197 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:59 PM

I'm having a strange new pattern of symptoms the last few days. Feeling somewhat OK up until about 5 or 6 and then blurred vision, dizziness, derealization and stomach issue symptoms occur. Usually it's the opposite where I feel better later in the day. Why would this be? I'm not eating any differently. Perhaps because my sleep isn't so good?

#198 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:03 PM

These changes in the cycle continue all the way through the withdrawal. Even the individual symptoms will tend to fade away and return sometimes. It certainly leaves you with the feeling you are out of control but it does get better.

#199 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:35 PM

What about exercise? Is it ok to do a lot of walking or jogging?

#200 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:46 PM

For most heavy exercise makes their symptoms worse. I would suggest starting with short walks and working your way up slowly.

#201 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:51 PM

For most heavy exercise makes their symptoms worse. I would suggest starting with short walks and working your way up slowly.

Yes Hat - you remember when Vin mentioned this not so long back? It would seem that too strenuous a workout does not bode well with such withdrawal symtoms

#202 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:32 AM

There have been a dozen or m ore members who have mentioned it over the years so it seems to be a rather constant limitation.

#203 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:44 AM

I've been hit terribly with RLS the last few days. It's in my left calf and forearm. Anyone else? It's one of the worst symptoms I've had and it's even bad when I'm moving around which is unusual.

#204 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:22 AM

As common as muck. I hate it. Hat suggests some stretches to relieve the symptoms which helps him.

#205 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:11 PM

IUN is it temporary?

#206 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:18 PM

In a majority of cases, yes.

My wife's RLS has more or less stopped as she has dropped her dose of Lexapro. I had it on and off when withdrawing from Cymbalta. Where it occurs and people are not on medication, this is where it usually persists.

#207 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

Full agreement with IUN. Have you checked your calcium, magnesium or ferritin levels. One or more of these sometimes get out of whack during withdrawal and make RLS worse. You might have them checked.

#208 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

Good call Hat. Magnesium is a common culprit of all manner of jittery muscles. But do check them as overdose of magnesium can have the opposite effect in worsening symptoms that you are trying to cure...

#209 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

Ya I figured it could be magnesium or iron so I took them last night. They made me pretty tired and drowsy but didn't help with the RLS. I've always had a problem with my iron being on the low end of normal so maybe I should supplement that for a while and see if it helps at all. First beautiful day of the Spring today and I went on a nice walk but still feeling the fatigue pretty bad. Hope you guys are doing alright. 

#210 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

Won't work overnight petal. Levels will need to build up in the blood first. You'll need to give it at least a couple of weeks.

Make sure that you do not take iron supplements within 2-3 hours of your other meds as it can be super-absorbent and greatly reduce the efficacy. Speak from experience and much research.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users