• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

I'm so weary of these moods, I'm seriously contemplating taking Prozac to get off of the cymbalta, which I was so adamant not to do...
Just kicking the idea around. The doc says I would only have to take the prozac 2 to 3 weeks and it would be much easier to stop taking. Has anyone done this? Does it work? Or would I just be in the same situation?
Sticking with bead counting is ideal, I think, but I'm not much good for anything or anyone. My son is graduating in a few weeks , Yay!!!, and I really want this time to be a great time for him, not with a weepy mom one hour and who knows what the next. Other life events are also unfolding. Since I have anxiety and depression problems and chronic pain issues, I really question the cause of the moodiness today.
I'm babbling, but if anyone has advice to share, I would be thankful.

Idaho weather doesn't help, but changes more than I do! 🤪

#2 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,194 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:44 PM

Many have resorted to Prozac to get them over the proverbial hill of withdrawal. I would say that 2 weeks for relief is quite optimistic of your Doc to say. As you know, these things take time. I would say that the third week you might see some light relief, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it just becomes easier. This is assuming that you tolerate them well, which most people do - not trying to frighten you! Because they have a long half life, they are much easier to withdrawal from when the time comes.

The withdrawal process is no respecter of time and personal circumstances. There is never a right time to come off them - plenty of wrong times though! But because it takes so long, you are bound to find important things like this crop up when you can't deal with them. 

Ultimately, the choice is your own. You could of course put a hold on your bead counting for a while to stabalise further, or introduce some supplements? Eli Lilly would love for you to go onto another of their poisons, but consider options...

#3 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:04 PM

IUN, many thanks for your response, I'm much calmer now and felt the light bulb turn on as I read. I will stay with the current bead count for a while, such an obvious solution....I must appear a complete imbecile on here, yet if that's what it takes to get better I'll keep doing it.

Thank you so much. Now I must put myself thru the torture of tax return meeting. Wish me luck! 😖

#4 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,194 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:06 PM

Arrrghhh. Yes. Tax returns. I have asked a few clients to get their funds to me for year end, but did they? Did they b*llocks. Self employment can be a real pain sometimes!

Don't worry about coming across as an imbecile! If you are, then we all are :D

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,864 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

Boy can we all relate to the scrambled brain and emotions. I agree with IUN, at 3 weeks maybe relief but it could be as long as 8 weeks for it to fully kick in IF it works. Many have successfully used to to get off Cymbalta with success. Like all antidepressants it works for some and not others. If you are concerned about your mental status, especially with a graduation coming up, I would stay at your current dose until you feel better before dropping any more.

#6 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

Just 42,

Don't feel bad, your post was a normal one and you didn't appear as an imbecile. Many have cross tapered with Zoloft of Prozac, it does take at least four weeks to feel a bit better.

Glad that you saw YOUR lightbulb!

#7 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:22 PM

Justy, are you getting that winter storm Wesley? When did they start naming them? lol

#8 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,194 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:39 PM

Justy?!

We're all renaming things here Katherine :D

#9 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

Justy?!

We're all renaming things here Katherine :D

Yep... I renamed her... but is Just42day a female? 

#10 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,194 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:35 PM

I'm just guessing here, but being a "mom", I'd say yes to the female part Kath :P

#11 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:11 PM

Thanks to all for replying, ya'll are so great! I made it thru the meeting, about impatiently as my husband kept talking about irrelevant stuff....how are on earth did women get pegged as the chatty ones?! ☺

I'm taking omega 3s, and drinking ACV, (I actually like it with a little water), my pain doc said to drink it with a straw 'cause the acid will eat the enamel on my teeth, hope everyone else knows that. Babbling again.

Is there something else, vitamin and mineral wise that helps? I'm afraid the fish oil is the cause of almost constant indigestion, I may be a mom, but there is nothing ladylike about the belches that just pop out!

#12 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:18 PM

Kathy in Florida,
I live in the Boise area. I am actually from north Florida, Fernandina Beach actually, so looking forward to a much needed visit in late May. What area are you in?

#13 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:26 PM

I'm just guessing here, but being a "mom", I'd say yes to the female part Kath :P

Haha.. I missed the Mom part!!  :)   :lol:

Kathy in Florida,
I live in the Boise area. I am actually from north Florida, Fernandina Beach actually, so looking forward to a much needed visit in late May. What area are you in?

I'm currently in Miami by way of Orlando and Melbourne (and Milwaukee and Philadelphia).  :P  

#14 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,194 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:48 PM

Well done on the meeting Justy. Not sure I would have lasted! And I didn't know about the enamel thing, so thank you for bringing that up...

I have since discovered that Florida is bigger than the UK, so I am getting an idea of just how far apart you guys can still be...

#15 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:56 PM

It's a 10 hour drive from Miami to Pensacola if you don't hit rush hour traffic... rush hour traffic in Miami is 7am-10am and 3pm to 7pm.  :blink:  :lol:  :D  :P

#16 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

Miami is beautiful, I lived in Key West a bit during what I refer to as my "bad ways days". Pros and cons to every place, I guess, Idaho is beautiful, but the winter can be filled with weeks of gray sky, no sunshine which really gets to me. Hope you are enjoying nice weather, have a Cuban sandwich for me!

#17 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:14 PM

IUN, the UK is smaller than Florida?! I had no idea, isn't there a large population there? Do you have any suggestions about the fish oil/indigestion problem?

#18 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,194 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:23 AM

England is 130,000 sq km and Florida is 240,000 sq km! But yes we are more densely populated with 66 million compared to your 21 million.

The fatty content in fish oil can cause additional release of acid, which in turn can cause indigestion and so forth. Do you suffer from it usually, or heartburn??

Have you tried different brands?

#19 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,864 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:46 AM

Just42day, they sell enteric coated omega 3 on Amazon which does not dissolve in the stomach and greatly reduces the fish burps.

#20 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,194 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

Just42day, they sell enteric coated omega 3 on Amazon which does not dissolve in the stomach and greatly reduces the fish burps.

Now he tells us!! *burp*

But that will cure the indigestion if the caps are to blame. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users