4 replies to this topic

#1 MakeAnimeIllegal

MakeAnimeIllegal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:36 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm a 30 year old male, and I've been on Cymbalta off-and-on for about 13 years. I've tried many times to come off of it, but I never realized how carefully you need to wean yourself off of it. I've always chalked it up to on-going depression and anxiety that is just inherently part of mw.

My dosage has been 60mg

I have been using a small scale to weigh out the approximate dosages. This is a bit of a hand waving approach, but I just didn't want to count beads. My reduction schedule has been:

50mg June 4th
40mg June 11th
30mg July 11th
25mg August 5th
23.75mg August 28th

So I realize now that I have been dropping dosages in too large of increments. Basically every reduction (except for the first) was followed by about 1.5 weeks of feeling a greatly reduced mood and just feeling angry and negative all of the time. Then things stabilize for a couple of weeks and so I reduce again.

I'm going to stay on 25mg for a couple more weeks, but I will start bead counting after I start to feel better. I have entirely missed dosages 3 times in the last week and so I have been feeling pretty bad as a result.

Fingers crossed things keep going fairly well. I'll keep checking in here on my progress or lack thereof.

Cheers

#2 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:55 AM

Hi MakeAnimeIllegal and welcome...

That is quite a fast taper you have undertaken there and I strongly suggest you do indeed stay at 25mg for a while longer. Bead counting thereafter will be the best way forward, as much of a pain as it will be. Missing doses even without being on a withdrawal can be tough, so yes, this will hit quite hard. 

If you would like advice on how to proceed or help with any particular symptoms, please let us know - and please keep us informed of your progress.

IUN

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,629 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:03 PM

Hi MAI

Welcome to the forum. That sounds like a good plan. Don't be afraid to go slowly.

#4 MakeAnimeIllegal

MakeAnimeIllegal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Small update: dropped down to 23.75mg on August 28th (5% drop). Felt fine. I've been pretty frustrated with work, but I don’t necessarily think they're related.

Trying to get regular exercise, eating a little better, etc. I won't be denied. Screw you, Eli Lilly.

#5 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:20 AM

I won't be denied. Screw you, Eli Lilly.

Absolutely. That's the way to go!

Glad you opted for the 5% from this point - it will serve you well to go a little slower as difficult as it might be to add those extra days to your taper.

Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users