I´m from Germany. Please apologize my bad English ;-)
I´m so happy to found this forum and I want to know about my plan for switching. The reason for changing the drug are very bad eye side effects.
- duloxetine since 2013 (60mg at hospital, 3 months later reduced to 30mg)
- oct 2018: 30mg to 20mg in one step...very critical, but i survived ^^
- diagnosis: panic disorder, agoraphobia, compulsive thoughts (don´t know if it ist correct translated) since my childhood
my plan will be:
- 20mg duloxetine + 12,5mg sertraline for 3 days
- then 10mg duloxetine + 12,5mg sertraline for....? maybe two weeks
- then 10mg duloxetine + 25mg sertraline for 3 days
- then 5mg duloxtine + 25mg sertraline for....maybe two or three weeks
- then 0mg duloxetine + 50mg sertraline, hopefully it will deal with my diagnosis
By the way, last week I forgot my complete duloxetine dosage of 20mg. 24 hours later I felt horrible: nausea, dizziness, vomiting and so on. That´s why, I decided to reduce duloxetine gradually (20-10-5-0mg) and do not a direct switch from 20-0, like my psychiatrist suggested.
What do you think?
Thanks a lot and greetz from Germany!