• Please log in to reply
727 replies to this topic

#721 redbird22

redbird22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 02:24 PM

Hat, the windows and waves idea is not mine, found it here: http://www.healingam...-waves-windows/

#722 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 May 2023 - 12:40 PM

Superb find, redbird!

Well, now that it has gone through the WHO as being safe, I sincerely doubt it will ever get "pulled". Just a few states still hanging on, and the UK not letting people sell it which is a huge hit to my finances on shipping from Europe. 

I think there will always be two sides of the fence here though as Kratom does contain opioids, but you go to hospital (at least in the UK) which chronic pain - what do they give you? 

It's always been, and always going to be not being able to regulate Kratom as a drug. If the FDA could take it over they would in a heartbeat, but there is far too much backstory to it now, so if they can't have what they want, then no-one can have it.

When Cymbalta caused my PNES (pseudo-non-epileptic seizures), I was put on Valium. But then having found Kratom, I found it ever better - plus there is very little, if any withdrawal. So you tell me - which was the best route?

I am now faced with a Valium withdrawal which is going to be a nightmare, whereas I could have gone straight on Kratom and not have any such problem. 

I also hope it goes viral - thanks again for the post..

IUN

#723 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 03:54 PM

Hi guys

Thought of you recently and popping by to say hello. 

I know very few people come back and check in once they feel better, but it's so helpful for those who are in the thick of it so want to do my part. 

I'm still on Lexapro but I'm so grateful for it. Though I understand why I was so resistant to going on an SSRI after what happened with Cymbalta, I think I would have saved myself a LOT of grief if I had done it sooner. Through therapy I've really come to terms with how much anxiety I was holding inside for many years and how much not recognizing that/treating it probably held me back. It was just easy to ignore because I never had panic attacks or intense physical anxiety before the Cymbalta withdrawal. But I see things much more clearly now. 

This year has been full of milestones and I'm so thankful for my therapist and yes, Lexapro. I was able to finally do my big belated honeymoon trip to Japan and enjoy every second of it. I can't wait to go back, but things are on hold now because my husband and I are expecting our first child in May :) 

Hope you're all doing well!

#724 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 November 2023 - 04:54 PM

Oh frog. You made my day.

That is so fantastic!! You suffered so much and you deserve your happiness. Thank you so much for the update.

#725 redbird22

redbird22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 05:09 PM

I wish I could read a success story about someone making it through this process without going on some other drug. Are there any people out there like this???

#726 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 November 2023 - 07:35 AM

Oh, yes. Not as many as we would like but there are quite a few. I wish I could give you more specifics but at my age my memory is not that good.  lol

#727 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 November 2023 - 04:35 PM

Hey Frog!!!

Wow... it is so good to hear from you and what amazing news!! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you.

Having followed your journey from way back when to coming to a place where you have had a honeymoon to Japan and you are starting a family.

What fantastic news! Really appreciate you stopping by and updating us. It is SO good to hear when things go full circle and you come out the other side feeling things that you would never believe possible!

IUN

#728 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 November 2023 - 04:39 PM

I wish I could read a success story about someone making it through this process without going on some other drug. Are there any people out there like this???

I totally get what you are saying here redbird... wouldn't it be great if things could turn round without the intervention of multiple drugs.

That said, for me, the biggest part of my recovery was 18 months of therapy from the most amazing girl. She totally got me and I could see she was genuinely concerned for me. She even used to write me little post-it notes to take home and stick on my nightstand. 

People can be so much better than pills. Words can mean so much and bring so much positivity, but it is letting go of the negativity that is so often the issue. I am for sure, one of these people. I can dish out the advice about meds, neurology, withdrawals and so forth - but when it comes down to sorting myself out - that is a whole other ball game!

IUN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users