1191 replies to this topic

#1141 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 04:25 PM

thursday evening my mood just started to turn for the better, now I've had 2 great days.  everything feels in perspective, I'm enjoying my family and feeling gratitude for the life I live.  things that were overwhelming me with dread and doom seem manageable.  I actually feel motivated to work and function and assume responsibility instead of being overwhelmed by everything.  not sure if I should go up in dose now or give it more time.  no harm in trying 10mg I guess.  maybe it will help me consistently feel better.  if the side effects are too much I can always drop back down. 

#1142 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:58 AM

Thats great news Mxpro. 

If you are now feeling better on the 5 mg see if you can just stay at that level long term. If not then you can go to 10 mg. 

"...no harm in trying 10mg I guess.  maybe it will help me consistently feel better.  if the side effects are too much I can always drop back down. "

Stepping down from the 10 mg to the 5 mg would probably bring on some more withdrawal symptoms though.

#1143 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:50 PM

now last night my mood changed for the worse again.  a feeling of fear and doom just settled over me, and this was after my college football time won a big game.  I woke up this morning feeling the same way, just scared and overwhelmed by the prospect of life.  I think I'm going to try the 10mg and see if it gives me a little more stability.  part of me feels like my brain is still out of whack on the norepinephrine end.  i get spikes of adrenaline for no reason.  could be due to stopping the concerta too I guess.  

#1144 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:13 AM

Stopping concerta possibly the cause, 5 mg possible the cause. Hard to tell which is the main culprit. If it is the concerta it will fade with time, if not then the symptoms will continue. Flip a coin. Decisions like this are hard to make. Whatever you decide we are behind you all the way.

#1145 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 03:00 PM

I still get weird bumps of adrenaline here and there too, but so much milder and easier to deal with calmly and rationally. They don't make me spiral. I can leave the house without overthinking things, I can look forward to things again without just being filled with uncertainty anxiety and dread and am able to be present. I think it will continue to get better too as I'm able to generally relax and unwind more. 

This is a bit annoying because youd have to be cutting a pill in half but you could try going up to 7.5?

#1146 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:31 PM

I still get weird bumps of adrenaline here and there too, but so much milder and easier to deal with calmly and rationally. They don't make me spiral. I can leave the house without overthinking things, I can look forward to things again without just being filled with uncertainty anxiety and dread and am able to be present. I think it will continue to get better too as I'm able to generally relax and unwind more. 

This is a bit annoying because youd have to be cutting a pill in half but you could try going up to 7.5?

I have no issue going to 10mg.  I think my side effects are very minimal now so they should still be fine.  I just want some relief.  during the good times I'm completely confident in my ability to handle things and function.  I need to get to that place, cause I'm miserable and have no faith in my ability to handle adversity.  now I just need my dr. to call me back for an appointment.  

#1147 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:21 PM

just talked to my dr.  he wrote the prescription for 10mg.  hopefully my sleep doesn't go to complete crap again. 

#1148 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:39 AM

Apologies for delay weighing in here - work has been overwhelming this week.

As Hat said, it is difficult not knowing the culprit here and it is very strange that you are still riding that proverbial rollercoaster whereby you are still up and down. Only natural that you want some consistency. I do think your life circumstances are keeping this part of the fire embers going. You have a lot going on with the family side and work pressures. But then again, leading as much of a "normal" day-to-day existence is sending the right signals to your brain. I feel the answer lies in the balance somewhere from what I know of you.

The 10mg may therefore help add the calm needed to continue to moments of mild pressure, but to do so without incurring the aforementioned spikes. You level these off and the neurochemicals start to balance out, your brain gets the right information relating to dosage information and we go from there.

Frog poses and interesting point with 7.5, but if the 5mg are scored, you would be better off dosing using these. If they are not scored (can't remember...), then the amount of active ingredient is not evenly spread in the tab, so one half could contain the full 5mg, whilst the other being nothing by filler. Been bitten this way during an attempt to reduce citalopram. Sounds like it would be a subtle effect, but I would suggest you err on the side of as much safety given current circumstances.

IUN

#1149 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 01:17 PM

Good point about the 7.5 IUN. My 10mg are scored but as I recall the 5s were not. I did do 7.5 by cutting them in half for about 1.5 weeks. I didn't have any issues fortunately. I feel very good on the 10s personally. Hoping to hear positive news from MX soon too

#1150 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 03:42 PM

from night one my sleep has reverted to 3 1/2-  4 hours and then wide awake.  the night sweats are back too.  I haven't noticed any positive effects yet, but I didn't expect too so soon.  I'm just really tired.  

I know being self employed and having wildly fluctuating sales and income and lack of structure and routine isn't doing me any favors.   that said, when things in my head are good, its so much easier to navigate the unknowns and maintain positive productivity.  when times are bad, every possible uncertainty seems unbearable, I have no motivation, and I feel overwhelmed and incapable of functioning properly.  and thats not even when I'm depressed. when I'm depressed I have emotional pain on top of it.  my negative reaction to uncertainty and any setback, no matter how small, is way too strong.  

#1151 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 03:37 PM

My sleep sucked for like a month after moving up to 10. But it's much much better now although I do struggle with the dreaded constant feeling of 'lethargy'. I had the same with Cymbalta. Just always feeling like I barely slept so I'm constantly wanting to try to take a nap in hopes that a little more sleep will fix the lack of energy, but it doesn't.

Also strangely I found that I responded better to one manufacturer over another. I didn't think to look at the manufacturer of the 5s but when I got the 10s the pharmacist said it was a different brand "Cipla." I had more breakthrough anxiety on this one and my sleep was pretty terrible. My second batch of 10s were "Aurobindo" and they are WAY better. My anxiety is very controlled and I'm sleeping much better. Some times it takes a little longer to fall asleep than I'd like but for the most part I sleep through the night.

#1152 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 04:38 PM

my sleep is already back to my normal bad sleep.  I had a really good 4 days, then yesterday the fear set in and I tossed and turned with a nightmarish feeling all night and work up feeling that way and it has continued through the day.  I feel like crying.  I've been pretty anxious and a little depressed lately.  

#1153 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 September 2021 - 05:20 PM

You still on 5s Mxpro?

#1154 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 05:54 PM

Worsening of mental health issues seems pretty common across the board when first getting on to these meds. Everyone just advises to try to push through it. A good 4 days is awesome though, and it's typical for things to be up and down during this time too. As long as it's getting better over time. 

#1155 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 02:36 PM

You still on 5s Mxpro?

I started on 10mg a week ago

#1156 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 September 2021 - 04:24 PM

Still a little early.

#1157 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 04:43 PM

yeah, I was wondering how long it takes at the higher dose to kick in

#1158 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:10 AM

usually around 4 to 6 weeks.

#1159 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 September 2021 - 05:58 PM

Hopefully a little sooner as it is an updose, but still possible to expect to wait this long

#1160 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 04:59 PM

well I'm having a good couple of days.  I feel pretty normal and motivated to do productive things.  I'm feeling good enough that I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about how I'm feeling.  sleep has gotten worse as my mood got better though.  I'm sleeping 4 1/2 hours and can't go back to sleep.  I keep getting random adrenaline surges that don't seem to be linked to any anxiety. 

#1161 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 01:05 PM

The sleep will probably improve. It's only been a couple of weeks

#1162 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:24 PM

I keep getting random adrenaline surges that don't seem to be linked to any anxiety. 

You will... you are still in start up territory so your noradrenaline production will still be trying to settle. This can take a while - as I know from own experience. Keep thinking the way you are in that they are a result of the meds - react to it, and it becomes your norm. 

#1163 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 08:25 PM

as my mood gets better (in context of my stressful circumstances), my sleep is almost getting worse.  I wake up at 3:30 sometimes, sometimes 4:30.  basically 4 1/2 to 5 hours of sleep.  I'm not waking in terror any more so its really not terrible.  most days I'm not too sleepy.  the weird thing is I'm actually getting really sleepy in the evening like you are supposed to now, to the point where I can't stay awake and have to go to sleep.  that never happened before, even on cymbalta.  hopefully staying asleep is coming next.  

#1164 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 October 2021 - 08:36 PM

Your sleep phase is a few hours out. The conversion from serotonin to melatonin needs to balance. It sounds like you could go to bed earlier and fall asleep if you are at a point of not staying awake prior to the normal bedtime. 

This is not uncommon and will rectify by maintaining your routine as it should be... as tough as that sounds. Obviously going to sleep a little earlier isn't going to be completely detrimental, but ultimately, you should be trying to maintain the norm. Having had DSPD (delayed sleep phase disorder), I have covered a lot of info/research on the topic. Unluckily for me, I am unlikely to ever be able to sleep before 3/4am. Not ideal when you live so close to the downtown area which wakes up before 8am... *sigh*

#1165 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 09:41 PM

I basically sleep 4-5 hours no matter what time I go to sleep.  the other night I was out late with friends and went to sleep at 2:20 and woke up at 7:00.   if I go to sleep at 11 I wake up around 4.  

#1166 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

The sleep may still improve but you could try experimenting with when you take the meds. If you take it in the morning now, try taking it at night or vice versa. 

#1167 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:52 PM

my dr. said to take it in the morning so it doesn't effect my sleep.  have you tried taking it at night?  my sleep is still ridiculous.  I went to sleep at midnight and woke up like a light at 1:50, eventually fell back to sleep and woke up like a light at 4, then tossed and turned for a few hours trying to go back to sleep.  mood has been decent though.  I'm not waking up in terror.  the business and financial stress is probably the major source of my anxiety and depression at this point.  the stress is relentless.  hopefully things start doing better so I can see how well I do without all of the real stressors.  

#1168 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 October 2021 - 09:09 AM

hopefully things start doing better so I can see how well I do without all of the real stressors.  

That would be the next logical step. If the stressors can be seen as an ongoing  situation then take time out to mindmap a means of reducing the impact.  Never easy, but try your best not to consider it a black/white situation - as this is something that can often happen in our position.

#1169 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:49 PM

My doc is the one who recommended experimenting with time of day. Though for me not for sleep as much as for having less grogginess during the day. I do feel somewhat more awake in the daytime but the past few days my sleep has been awful. I wake up every couple of hours and toss and turn. Will see if it mellows out

#1170 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:39 PM

I haven't had any daytime grogginess thankfully.  and the sleep isn't too bad at times now.  last couple of nights I did soft wakeups where I was able to fall back to sleep.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)