• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jayshay

jayshay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 04:54 PM

Hi community, I'll keep this short as I'm sure you've seen many of the same question.

I've been on 20 mg of Cymbalta for PPPD (dizziness) for 9 months and hoping to wean off. My neurologist recommended going every other day with the capsule since it's the smallest dose, but I don't see that as a proper means of tapering off completely.

Could someone direct me to a post or write here a successful bead count and how long for each that has worked for you? I just counted 140 beads in one capsule.

I'm 30 y/o, 120 lbs.

How long should I wean off of 20 mg? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:28 PM

Welcome Jayshay

You are right about every other day being the wrong method. It raises and lowers your blood levels of Cymbalta over and over repeating the same withdrawal again and again. 

At 140 beads I would recommend dropping around 1 bead  a day to begin with. Once you get down to 20 beads it is likely that you will need to go slower, maybe 1 bead drop every 3 days. I would plan on taking around 5 to 7 months to wean but your body will tell you how fast you can drop. Maybe you will be the one of the lucky ones and have no issues. 

I would also like to suggest you take the time to look over our ebook. It may answer a lot of questions that you may have. 

https://www.cymbalta...tion-the-ebook/

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:24 PM

Hi there Jayshay,

Just a quick welcome from me as Hat has got you covered there - nothing to add.

Remember there are plenty of supplements out there which can help during this time too - the eBook will be of much use here... almost 600 pages of information collated over the years!

But feel free to ask any questions and we will be here to help.

IUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users