• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:38 AM

I dont think i could do what fivenotions said to, the 30 mg capsules have between 240 and 270 beads in them. Im just gonna pitch the 30 mg and wean off the 60mg.

#32 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

Likeable, that's a fine plan!

I was just trying to think of a way where you could "salvage" those 30 mg caps ... but throwing away crapalta is always a good idea in my book ! :P

Although, don't flush them ... they go straight into our water system ... I think Carleeta has told us before how to correctly / safely dispose of meds ...

#33 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

Likeable, fiveNotions, the best way to dispose of pills is to throw them away in cat liter..Also just a reminder for everyone...

#34 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

ooh ... I love it ... just what they deserve ... burial in cat pee and poop ... :P

#35 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

I don't have cat litter, but a pharmacist told me to dispose of them in coffee grounds - I have done that in the past.

#36 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

I don't have cat litter, but a pharmacist told me to dispose of them in coffee grounds - I have done that in the past.

Yes, absolutely true, coffee grounds work just as well as cat liter, even saw dust...

#37 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

Ok so I filled the 60mg prescription and its a different manufacturer. Beads are smaller! Help! I am not sure what to start with. I am at 140 beads with the other manufacturer. Why does this have to be so difficult. I am discusted!

#38 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

Good to know about the disposing of the 30's.

#39 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

Ok so I filled the 60mg prescription and its a different manufacturer. Beads are smaller! Help! I am not sure what to start with. I am at 140 beads with the other manufacturer. Why does this have to be so difficult. I am discusted!

Oh my, how many are in this capsule?

#40 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

Who makes the one you've been using to count? And who's the manufacturer of the new one? Each pill bottle should say have the name on the label ....

two possible approaches come to mind ...

1. the easy way ... call the pharmacy and tell them you have to have them dispense you the 60 mg capsule made by the same mfgr as the one you've been using to count down.

2. the PITA (pain-in-the-ass) way ... open one of the new capsules and count the number of beads, and then we'll help you do the math to figure out the bead equivalent doses ... actually, I won't be part of that, as I've said several times recently regarding bead counting, I'm math challenged ... but ShadyLady (formerly known as CymSik) and Carleeta have math skills .. ;)

#41 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

482 beads in this batch :*(

#42 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

aw geez Louise ...  is there no end to the suckiness of this stuff? :angry:

What about option 1, above ... get the pharmacy to dispense the stuff made by the co whose capsules you've been using?

#43 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

I questioned that when i seen they were different. This is what they have now for generic cymbalta.

#44 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

I'm gonna' ask Carleeta to pop over here and give some advice ... she's on the forum now. BRB.

#45 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

Likeable, are you saying they switched you from the Lilly brand to a generic ?

If so, can you get your doc to authorize / order the insurance co to allow the pharmacy to dispense the real brand?

aaaaaargh .......

#46 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

Likeable, looks like there are 2.5% more beads in this new batch....If I'm calculating right....which will need some mathematics here....I'll see what I can do to help.....hold on....

#47 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

No i had lilly brand duloxitine and now i have generic duloxitine with 2892 printed on it.

#48 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

Thank you Carleeta! I appreciate any help u can offer!

#49 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Likeable, if you've got enuf of the Lilly brand to hold you for a few days, you could call your doc and tell him that you're having an "adverse reaction" to the generic .... just tell the nurse that your lips and inside of your mouth are swelling up and your skin is feeling itchy.... that'll get him to authorize the pharmacy to dispense the brand to you right away ...

Don't need to explain that the adverse reaction is caused by the totally different number of beads .... just tell him what will get you the stuff you need ... :P

Seriously ...

#50 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

Lilly was on the generic duloxitine.

#51 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Likeable, from what I'm getting through your posts with FiveNotions, it sounds like you have been on generic brand, although two different generic companies....did you go to a different pharmacy this time around? Do you have any beads left over from your previous capsules? as FiveNotions asked? I'm checking with another member here who is working with the % method in reducing and awaiting her reply and possibly popping in on here to help....Hang in there

#52 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

Same pharmacy. Two different generic duloxitine. I have 135 beads for tomorrow's dose and 135 beads for Tuesday. I was planning on staying at 135 beads for a few days due to feeling a little "foggy" today. Weaning off of this crap isn't as easy as I had hoped.

#53 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

But whoa.... Lilly doesn't make a generic ... they make the brand ... don't tell me they're now doing their own generic?

I've gotta' find out ... this company is like the many-headed hydra ... cut off one, another two grow in it's place ... :angry:

#54 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

I can't find anything to indicate that Lilly makes a generic of it's own Cymbalta brand ... I say just call the pharmacy that dispensed the Lilly stuff, give them the Rx number and point blank ask "is this a generic (duloxetine) or the real Lilly brand Cymbalta?"

#55 ThisBetterPass

ThisBetterPass

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta is like my biochemistry's stalker and can't take a clue.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

Oh, goodie...not.  I've almost been tempted to just count out the smaller amount of beads I have left, but am glad I haven't.  I imagine it would be a safer bet to just continue counting out the beads I'm removing at a time each day. For example, yesterday's count from a 20 mg caplet was -122 beads, while today was -126 beads.

#56 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Good question FiveNotions. ...

likeable, so we are all on the same page here; you have been taking generic all along? It does concern me your previous capsules were by lilly. Just wondering if you might have been taking the brand name...you should call your pharmacist where you purchase these prescriptions and ask them about the difference in your prescriptions. He might also be able to give you the average number of beads you currently purchased to the mgs....In other words how many beads =1 mg in this new prescription vs the number of beads in your old prescription which = 1mg.....you might also explain to him how you are removing beads and need to know the difference between the two.....this might help as we are waiting for jealbreacht to pop in......

#57 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

but why not just get her back on whatever it was that she was using ... be it the Lilly brand Cymbalta, or the generic by the exact same manufacturer?

wouldn't that avoid all the "higher math" stuff?

#58 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

but why not just get her back on whatever it was that she was using ... be it the Lilly brand Cymbalta, or the generic by the exact same manufacturer?

wouldn't that avoid all the "higher math" stuff?

yes, this is the best way! I'm just taking the route if she was given a generic the first time, it's possible the pharmacy is getting a different generic company now. Yes, she needs to check if her other prescription was generic or original by lilly, this is the first question. ...it would be great if she gets the same company (original or generic). I see your point; if it's original, just get the Dr to write another original. I hope this is the case...

#59 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

hmmm, well, even if the first stuff is a generic, the easiest route would be for Likeable to demand getting the stuff by the same manufacturer ... even if it means changing pharmacies ...

Sweet Jesus, this just isn't what Likeable, or anyone, needs to have to deal with smack dab in the middle of withdrawal ... :angry: :angry:

#60 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for your help but I think i am going to just start over. I cannot return the prescription i just picked up. I already opened them to count beads. The original capsules did say lilly on them. I dont know why? I only ever recieved the generic because i cannot afford to pay for brand name. The 30 mg that were prescribed say 2891 and the 60mg i picked up today say 2892.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users