38 replies to this topic

#1 Nmood2talk

Nmood2talk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPanama City, FL

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

I started taking apple cider vinegar over a week ago to help with metabolism and weight issues - it does - more energy than ever - less appetite but amazing result is how I didn't know it helped get off Cymbalta - I tried before becasue when I didn't have money for meds at times I had terrible brain zaps(like elctric shocks in my head) and terrible nightmares- and the pain in my legs got so much worse - worse than it had been before I began medicine - just tried to stay up and not sleep - took 3 or more baths - terrible feeling when missing meds- and the reason I started taking it in the 1st place was I already took depression meds but the doc said that cymbalta would not only help depression but would help with my leg pain that was fibromyalgia or restless legs - I've had pain in my legs - tingling burning like electric current in my legs as long as I can remember in my teens and probably all my life - I'm 49 and I've been to general docs, internists, neurologists, had MRIs, massage therapy, vein therapists, meds, physical therapy - Requip that is advertised on tv for restless legs caused verbal tics - making noises in my sleep over and over and when going to sleep - so didn't continue - anyway - wish I'd never switched to cymbalta - helped at first but still had leg pain and didn't want to increase dose and then when missing a dose or two I had such terrible withdrawal effects it scared me - so I looked up cymbalta web sites heard words like brain zaps and heard about nightmares everything I was experiencing and it was because it was the middle of the night and I felt so terrible and was so hopeless about it that I looked at site had to start taking cymbalta again because symptoms of getting off so bad - anyway - the apple cider vinegar has worked 3rd day off minimal leg discomfort - no brain zaps - no nightmares - have felt better than I can remember ever - look up apple cider vinegar on Web MD and other places - don't drink straight as it will irritate throat - harsh to teeth - look to see if any side effects - says it could interact with meds ... just research it - but I'm telling you - it's an answer for me so far when I thought there were no answers - apple cider vinegar - look it up - nothing fancy although they say organic is better - got mine at the dollar store and like I said took it initially for weight loss - which it is curbing my appetite and making me feel so much better and I'm losing weight but the off cymbalta without terrible withdrawals was the unexpected unbelievable finding - look it up - research it - and let me know - God bless - oh and I saw on one site maybe web md that it supposedly helped with depression and detoxing - sooooo finding out after what I didn't know before starting to take it .... oh I also take 2 cinnamon supplements a day helps with other things but look up apple cider vinegar and God bless Libby

#2 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Hi Nmood2talk,

That's really interesting. I think I'd like to give it a try. When and how

much apple cider vinegar do you take? Thanks!

#3 Nmood2talk

Nmood2talk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPanama City, FL

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

I take one or 2 capfuls mixed in with a small cup of water 3 times a day - please read Web MD and other sides to say what some have said about benefits of which there are many, and risks such as taking it straight too harsh on teeth - interacting with meds - some say - it is really working for me - remember joggin in a jug - and it was on the shelves and big on tv - and then they researched it and said had no proven test results - wonder if that was a secret ingredient?? Hey if if comes right down to it maybe our grandmas were right - an apple a day - had a good basis behind it - huh? please let me know how you feel if you want and God bless - I'm still feeling great and are seeing the weight benefits too :) Libby

#4 Whycee

Whycee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    To talk with people and educate people about Cymbalta. We need a place to vent and discuss. Nobody knows what we go through but us.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

A cup of hot water, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnimon, two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (Braggs) and a teaspoon of honey every morning.

#5 Tbird

Tbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Want to see how others are coping with Cymbalta withdrawals and to see if they have any suggestions on how to taper the withdrawal symptoms. Also to support others who are obviously going through what I'm going through.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

Thanks a million for this information!!  I did research while having this Forum up, and I was sold from all the positive reviews.  Think about growing up.  Do you ever recall all the medicine we have today back then?  I know you will say no.  That's because we used Home Remedies.  One I can remember clearly is a small raw potato or some flour water for a diarrhea.  I am so sure there is so many more that I tried, but this stood out to me.  IT WORKED, and still does.  Now we have all these over the counter drugs or prescribed meds, which costs us a grip.  I am willing to try Apple Cider Vinegar, or any other home remedy, that is thoroughly researched.  What do I have to lose?  Taking prescribed medications are creating side effects that causes even worst illness than what we're originally taking the medications for.  Thank God for the good ole days and the wisdom that was shared back then.

#6 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

I too will be trying this , what have I got to lose ! Any help will be welcome ...

#7 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Holy Moly...Apple cider vinegar...wow...I use it daily with Iceberg lettuce...I use it on my fish and on my potatoes..Also, I mix apple cider with fresh caused garlic and fresh ground black pepper, place it in a small bowl and dip pieces of meat (steak, pork chops) on it and eat them...I also soak crispy friend pork rinds in the bowl mixture and eat them...I guess I use apple cider vinegar a lot. It's possible this is what keeps me going forward...I like that it does burn fat also... So great to know it's helping you out with your cymbalta withdrawl....

#8 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

I've been taking two tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar in the morning....mixed with warm water or just straight (I'm nuts, I like the taste). ..... been doing this since I my first week of withdrawal.... I discovered it by accident....I was having bizarre cravings for certain foods and tastes....raw horseradish, plain Tabasco sauce and vinegar were the top three....

Then I remembered that my grandmother and mother both used apple cider vinegar as a regular "tonic"..... We'd make the cider from freshly pressed apple cider..... To be a good tonic, it had to have what my mother called the "must" ....Braggs refers to it as the "Mother"....

The ACV gives me an immediate "rush" of energy and makes my face flush and tingle....rather like niacin does if it's not the timed release stuff..... when I was in the worst of the withdrawal it seemed to help with the zaps in my muscles....

http://bragg.com/pro...er-vinegar.html

Carleeta, you need to write a cookbook! I'm going to need more Braggs ACV so I can try out your tasty treats!

#9 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Tbird, I agree on the home remedies!

Many/most of our modern medications are based on natural remedies....big pharma figures out why they work, replicates the chem or bio compound, makes it a zillion times stronger ( and more dangerous/addictive) and then sells them to us for big bucks.... At the same time, they make sure to publicly denigrate home and naturopathic remedies as archaic, old wives tales, ineffective....thereby increasing the market for their version of what mom, grandma, and all generations prior were using with great success....

#10 mikasomni

mikasomni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    To figure out what's going on with my body!

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

I'm researching supplements to take and will be testing this out as well. Thanks

#11 sodone61

sodone61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • why_joining:
    Support and encouragement to discontinue duloxetine, which sounds like a town on Shrek

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

I'm going to try this.. I hope it doesn't detox the other meds out of my body quicker.. I mean, that's fine I just end up taking more.  But I also take the good quality protein drink/shakes (when I can eat) and omega fatty acids.  I have also taken 5-htp when I want to sleep but I can't have anything too important planned for the next day because I'm groggy.  I don't know if it's just the supplement or if it's the combo of that and the fact that I'm in the 50-60th day of withdrawal so still real fatigued and tired.  Any one else have feedback on the 5 htp?  I will NEVER take another antidepressant of any kind regardless of my anxiety levels.  EVER...

#12 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

Well, I decided to give this a try and started this morning with this recommended by Whycee a while back:  "A cup of hot water, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey every morning" minus the cinnamon as I'm allergic and I have to say that it seems to be working!  I had two servings this morning and this is the first good day since last Friday and I even woke up with my period in full force AGAIN--it just ended Sunday (apologies to the men!) and even those cramps are so much better.

It's kind of funny or amazing because I wasn't sure I'd be able to drink it where I can't even think of the coffee I used to love so much without gagging but I had no problem drinking this!  

Thanks so much, everyone!

#13 Itsgot2go

Itsgot2go

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

I read and it's been awhile but if Apple cider says it cures nausea then it would become a drug not a food. Being overweight is a desease and anything that says it helps you lose weight then becames a drug. Thats why stuff says may help with weight lose and the reason common foods avoid any claims for the most part. 

#14 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

I have been drinking the "vinegar tonic" for about 3 weeks now and have been amazed that my arthritis pain is down to about a 2.  Used to be so bad that some days I had a hard time walking and (excuse me gents) could not hook my bra due to the arthritis in my hands and fingers.  It is almost as if it has gone away!  I had heard that vinegar was good for arthritis and no one will ever convince me otherwise! :D

I have been feeling better in all ways through this withdrawal process and it has been a long, hard road :wacko:

Thanks to all for your info on something that is natural and really helps!!  I have also lost 10 of the 30 pounds gained while on this poison! :)

#15 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

TFL, that's great!

I remember that my mom and grand mom used ACV as a spring tonic....I'm convinced it's helped my arthritis as well....and I can't prove it, but I also believe that it eased the withdrawal symptoms....I've lost a lot of the water/weight at this point (almost 6 months off C).....down to a comfortable 8 from a tight 12..... I don't know if ACV contributed to that or not.....but I'm sure happy about it"..

Speaking of water retention, that was a big issue for Xiaojie......we haven't heard from her in a while, have we? I hope this means that she's feeling much much better and is too busy to come visit us.....

#16 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

FN - I've reached my quota of "likes" again, but thanks for your input!  Now my font is all screwed up again... yikes! :unsure:

Hopefully some more weight will come off as I continue on this course... :D

I, too, was wondering about Xia....hope she's doing well :)

BTW, how are you doing with the Bitstrips site??

Have a great weekend! :hug:

#17 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

I haven't gotten over to Bitstrips yet....I got caught up in applying for a librarian position that is my dream job....working in the library of the Catholic seminary where I first worked as a librarian, almost 20 years ago! It all happened by "coincidence"....I "happened" to be there for the graduation ceremony....I "happened" to meet and have a long chat with the current head librarian....and he happened to have a job opening....at first he indicated that he had a final candidate and was ready to make an offer, but by the end of our chat he was asking me to send him my resume! (Which I did today)

I'm asking all my friends to do whatever it is they do for miracles to happen....pray, light incense, burn candles...hell, drink a six pack....I need a job, this is my dream job.....so I need a miracle! ;-)

#18 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

FN - How wonderful!!  You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers - may you be granted the joy that this position will obviously bring to you!! :D

Hugs,

Liz :hug:

#19 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

Either way you are a winner FN. I will say a prayer for you.

#20 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

I haven't gotten over to Bitstrips yet....I got caught up in applying for a librarian position that is my dream job....working in the library of the Catholic seminary where I first worked as a librarian, almost 20 years ago! It all happened by "coincidence"....I "happened" to be there for the graduation ceremony....I "happened" to meet and have a long chat with the current head librarian....and he happened to have a job opening....at first he indicated that he had a final candidate and was ready to make an offer, but by the end of our chat he was asking me to send him my resume! (Which I did today)

I'm asking all my friends to do whatever it is they do for miracles to happen....pray, light incense, burn candles...hell, drink a six pack....I need a job, this is my dream job.....so I need a miracle! ;-)

Good Luck, FN!  Praying, sending positive thoughts, just lit a candle and am drinking the apple cider concoction in lieu of the six pack for you!!!  

#21 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

TryingFL , your new profile pic makes me smile ..:-) ( it is a new pic isn't it ?.)
I am so envious of you people who have lost some weight , I have been having the ACV first thing every morning in hot water with honey & organic cinnamon & I do think that it certainly helps me but I haven't lost ANY WEIGHT ..:-(((

#22 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

Wagtail.... thanks - I made my silly avatar on a website called Bitstrips.com      If you are on Facebook you can do it through that or you can go to the site and download the app and make your own - it was fun! :)

I have been off the crap for almost 17 weeks now and the weight has been slow to come off :(  I have only been drinking the ACV tonic for 3 weeks - 5 days a week with coffee only on the weekends - I have missed it!  Be patient regarding the weight loss - since we are all different I'm sure that the time involved is also different.  I had hoped to have lost more by now but I guess I should be happy with the results I have had so far.  My younger son is getting married Aug 8 and I would like to shed another 20 if possible (?). We'll see... :mellow:

Take care of yourself - It's good to see you posting positive things lately! :D

Love, hugs and prayers,

#23 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

Wagtail.... thanks - I made my silly avatar on a website called Bitstrips.com      If you are on Facebook you can do it through that or you can go to the site and download the app and make your own - it was fun! :)

I have been off the crap for almost 17 weeks now and the weight has been slow to come off :(  I have only been drinking the ACV tonic for 3 weeks - 5 days a week with coffee only on the weekends - I have missed it!  Be patient regarding the weight loss - since we are all different I'm sure that the time involved is also different.  I had hoped to have lost more by now but I guess I should be happy with the results I have had so far.  My younger son is getting married Aug 8 and I would like to shed another 20 if possible (?). We'll see... :mellow:

Take care of yourself - It's good to see you posting positive things lately! :D

Love, hugs and prayers,

Thanks Liz , I am on f/b ...so will take a look @ bitstrips.com ... Might make me smile ... How exciting for you to have your sons wedding to motivate you & good luck with the weight loss ... We all love to look our best for such important occasions ...:-)

#24 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Here's some info on the benefits of apple cider vinegar for fibromyalgia and arthritis from another recent thread...

Link to the thread itself
https://www.cymbalta...egar#entry41613

--------
Posted by TFL:
EW... I have arthritis - same as FN and have been drinking this every morning for about a month now. It has all but eliminated the arthritis pain and it took between 2-3 weeks!

The standard recipe is:

1 cup hot water
2 T. apple cider vinegar (I can't handle this much so I have cut it down some)
1 T. honey
1/2 t. cinnamon

I drink this 5 mornings a week and enjoy my coffee on the weekends. Not only has this helped the pain, it has also regulated my entire system - feel so much better!

I strongly recommend it and wish you the best..
----------------
Posted by FN:
Hi EW, I use TFls recipe....early early in withdrawal I was taking swigs straight out of the bottle! (My taste buds were totally whacked back then....Blech)....and, I use only Braggs ACV....it's unfiltered....has the "mother" in it....weird thing to call it....that's the floaty misty stuff we used to have in our home made apple cider.....supposed to be the key element...

Don't ever use distilled vinegar....way too strong...

I wonder if ACV has helped with fibro? I'm gonna do some googling.....
-------------
Posted by FH:
Well FN, here is what I have.

http://www.ehow.com/...bromyalgia.html
This article explains the basics of using ACV to treat Fibro. I found maybe 50 articles or so that say basically the same thing and many forums that say it works,

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/8587088

This research article demonstrates that malic acid is very beneficial in treating fibro. AND malic acid is one of the main ingredients in ACV. It is suggested that there must be magnesium present for it to work and there is nagnesium in ACV.

Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is the type most often mentioned on the forums.
----------
Posted by FN:
Dayum, FH, you are good, very good!

I worked from that, and ended up with "magnesium malate" for fibro....

http://www.psycholog...eral-deficiency

This link is to customer reviews of mag malate supplement, posted on amazon.....interesting.....

http://www.amazon.co...iews/B000GFJJKQ
---------

#25 Gran23

Gran23

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts
  • why_joining:
    Want off Cymbalta for good

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

A cup of hot water, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnimon, two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (Braggs) and a teaspoon of honey every morning.

I just had my first cup of this "tonic".  I was afraid it would taste bad, but to my surprise I like it.  I will be using this for a while to see if I can get some positive results with the pain that has returned during my withdrawal for the devil Cymbalta.

GM23

#26 MichB

MichB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

I'm very interested in trying this. I saw some at a clients house and took a sniff of it and wooo-weee! Sure was strong smellin!

I'm certainly willing to give it a try though.
Can some of you provide some updates as to how it's helped?

I'm going to go read some reviews for now.

Thanks,
Mich

#27 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

Mich, your avatar kitty is gorgeous! What's his/her name?

The Bragg's ACV, which is unpasteurized and has what they call the "mother" in it...weird term, but that's the stuff that would otherwise be pasteurized out ....what starts to form when apple cider begins to go "hard" ....

Here's the link ...
http://bragg.com/

I started taking it early in withdrawal ... totally by self-discovery ... I was having an amazing craving for vinegar tasting stuff...like dill pickles...actually, the juice they come in...so I did some googling...

It was very helpful to me with the withdrawal ... seemed to help with the zaps, my constant tiredness and the body "shakes" I got .... now, I've found that it's pretty much cured my arthritis...

TryingInFL has also found it works on her arthritis...

However, FishingHat learned that it makes him sick...he tried it, and it made him feel worse...

So, if you try it, just take a little bit at first and test it gradually ... some folks add honey to it, or make a warm tea with honey out of it, etc...at first I was just taking it straight out of the bottle, and I loved it that way .... aaargh...now I put a tablespoon or so in a glass of water ...

#28 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hi Mich!

Just putting in my "2 cents" worth here...

Yes, this has almost eliminated my fibro and arthritis pain - give it a shot!  I still drink it 5 mornings a week and have my coffee on the weekends :)

Good Luck!!

#29 MichB

MichB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

FN,

Thank you! He's a sweet kitty. His name is Yankee. Obviously our lives revolve around baseball lol.
I took a trip into town and got a bottle of it this afternoon. Also got a bottle of the amino acids to try.
I'm not a tea drinker and only kinda like honey. But I'm going to try the mixture and
see how it goes.

TFL,

Very good news. I have fibro as well. I also have tendinitis in both wrists and
recently this excruciating pain in my elbow. If this stuff helps I will pinch
my nose and choke it down like a champ!!

#30 MichB

MichB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Well, I failed! 😞
I read the recipe wrong and added 1 tsp of cinnamon instead of 1/2. I kept having to add honey to tone down the taste of the cinn. It was so overwhelming that I almost threw up!

I love apples. I love cinnamon in applesauce. I kinda like honey. I really like the taste of vinegar in salad dressings, pickle juice, etc. Jeez! Leave it to me to screw up something so simple!

I guess I will blame it on a really long day. But the smell of that cider is so nasty! I'm such a baby!! I'll try again tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users