#781 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,296 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

What dose are you on now with the Zoloft Bearfan?

#782 Bearfan

Bearfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

I started 75mg on July 1st. Gonna start 100mg on the 8th. Yeah, feeling really terrible. Sucks. Brain zaps weren't too bad and aren't noticeable now. But man, everything else is bad. Can tell I'm still in withdrawal mode because of these awful vivid dreams and nightmares I'm getting. Sometimes I wake up and can't remember if something was real or not.

#783 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 8,296 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:37 AM

I remember, and your thinking is obsessive about nearly everything including your health. The good news is that you are getting to the dose that should really start helping soon. Time and patience.

#784 Bearfan

Bearfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, really struggling right now. Anxiety, headaches, diarrhea, not feeling myself. Thanks for the support and I know it can take some people months to feel back to normal.  I've only been off cymbalta 24 days. Hopefully this improves soon because I'm at an all-time low. 

#785 Bearfan

Bearfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

On Day 4 of 100mg Zoloft. Feel the best I have in a while. Depression has faded, my mood has become more optimistic and energized, my sleep is more regular, and this if the first day my OCD rumination isn't bad. Seeing progress finally! Just happy so I had to post. 

#786 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,600 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, never felt good.
    Needed understanding and support, and a place where I was not alone. To read others stories and realizing that I was not the only one going through all that crap.
    In hope that one day, I can return the favors in some kind of way.

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:04 AM

Hi Bearfan,

How good to hear, you must be jumping all around! Relief at last. Just don't overdo things.
Zoloft was fast. Thank you for the positive update!

#787 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 8,296 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

That is great Bearfan. That is not a high dose for the Zoloft so if you can stabilize at that level it would be great.

That was about 3 months faster than my recovery with Zoloft. lol

#788 Bearfan

Bearfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

Actually, let's just call that a little victory lol. It was my first few hours where I felt good again. Last night went back to how I was doing before - awful OCD/anxiety and just feeling weird, diarrhea, racing thoughts, etc. 

Sad to say today is the same so far. But I will take those few hours of clarity as a good thing. Probably will give this 100mg another 8 weeks to watch for improvement and then see if I will go to 150mg.

Lol. Sorry to spoil everyone. I was just so overjoyed that I had to update, buuuutttt now I feel crappy again :(

Ah well, takes more time I guess.

#789 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 8,296 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

It will improve more with time, as you said. Hang in there. We are still happy for those few short hours of relief.

#790 Bkc26

Bkc26

• Site Supporter
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:22 PM

Side Effects:
Hypothyroidism
High blood pressure

Withdrawal Symptoms:
Thyroid tests erratic
Erratic blood pressure
Sleepiness
Extreme Fatique

#791 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,600 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    Needed understanding and support, and a place where I was not alone. To read others stories and realizing that I was not the only one going through all that crap.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

Hello Bkc,

Where are you at with the withdrawal? Lost again, I am. Sorry!

#792 pain

pain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

Side effects:
Nausea

Anorexia Relapse
Muscle Pain
Cramps
Two days no sleep-two days constant sleep
Violent outbursts
Memmory loss
Serotonin syndrom
Worsened Addictive Behaviours
No depression reliefe - was still suicidal.

Withdrawl:
Muscle pain
Joint pain
Sudden stabbing pain
Migrains
Cramps
Worsened digestive problems
Severe anxiety\Paranoia
Trauma flashbacks

Can't comunicate - avoiding people
Aggitation
Confusion
Extreme memmory loss including forgetting words, Sometimes can take me awhile to remmember things like what year it is (?!)
Hypomanic episodes
Nausea and vomiting
Forgotten childhood memmories popping up (Craziest one:remmembered chewing on a theething ring. I remmembered the texture, the feeling on my toothless gums, the color and shape of the ring. This was confirmed as a true memmory, definitly did not imagine this).

*thinking no one will beieve what I'm going through, including right now*

#793 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,600 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:41 PM

Hello Pain,

Yes, all this is real, I'm sorry that you have to go through this. Surely cold turkey.

I've read so many horror stories here concerning withdrawal, this is why we don't advise that method. Fishinghat can tell you more about it.

While on it, I had suicidal ideation a few times, and in withdrawal also. If we can help in any way, let us know. A few tricks here and there, but nothing to prevent all the symptoms.

We are here for you Pain, anytime.

#794 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 8,296 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

You are definitely in cold turkey purgatory. You might look through the thread "Summary of Cymbalta Withdrawal", in the Medical Support section. It is a collection pf what people have tried and what worked and what didn't as well as medical research articles. There are some good suggestions for the stomach ailments, nausea, etc.

Be kind to yourself. Don 't push yourself too hard as this only makes it worse. This is a time to pamper yourself.

No stress.

#795 Cjmansf

Cjmansf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

Bearfan, I had/have near the same set of withdraw symptoms you listed. Irritable, worse depression, suicial thoughts etc. It's so bizarre the song playing in the head thing. That is spot on and still happening to me at over 4 months off. You had asked if it gets worse before getting better...The best explanation I can give you is it's been somewhat of a yo-yo withdraw. Progress is painfully slow at times. I'll improve and then other things crop up. I've heard other members say they feel as though they take a step forward and two steps back sometimes. I just try my best to take notes of things and control what I can. (Which sometimes is very little).

#796 chipmunk226

chipmunk226

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

31 days off:
Persistent headaches
Sinus pain
Brain zaps
Dizziness
Irritability