amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off this med :(

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Can someone tell me what u mean by brain zaps?

It feels like zap of electric current through your brain. It is quick but you can hear it inside your head and it can paralyze you for a millisecond. It disturbs me when I need to concentrate for work. Almost like your brain is getting shocked.

#182 gracestar2411

gracestar2411

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Brain zaps, dizziness, lightheaded, light sensitive, hungry at times, short attention span, unable to concentrate.

Sleepiness at times.

#183 CountryMouse

CountryMouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Went on Cymbalta for the 2nd time in the past 10 years for anxiety. The first time had very little side effects. This time was WAAAYYY different.
While on 60mg per day:
Anxiety got better, in fact I was a very calm person. Haven't had an anxiety attack in 2 years.
Weight gain, and the doctor told me I would actually lose weight. HA!
Very weird, vivid dreams
Sleeping good at first. The longer I was on it started having trouble falling asleep. Mind would race and not calm down.
Started to go numb...not physically, but emotionally. Just became numb and almost emotionless.
Loss in sexdrive (hubby not happy)

Had to go off because my insurance changes.

Been off cold turkey for 7 days now and its been horrible.

Nausia first 2 days
Not sleeping well, vivid crazy dreams, mind racing. When I do wake up I feel like I've ran a marathon.
Rage
Mood Swings
Light sensitivity
Tingling throughout my body. Feels like pin pricks. Like I just want to come out of my skin.
Restlessness
Bad Brain Zaps
loss in consetration and focus (even having problems typing this and I usually type like 60wpm)
vertigo
This weird Tourette's thing (I dropped the "F" bomb twice in a conversation and didn't even know it. And I DO NOT talk like that. I don't cuss at all. EVER!)

Hoping this all subsides soon. I really want to get back to normal.

#184 franny

franny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I have been on this horrid drug since just before Christmas 2011. I swapped from Lovan to Cymbalta as not only do I have depression I have Fibromyalgia and they say cymbalta is meant to help with the pain of FBMS.

I decided Monday last week that I wanted to come off the drugs and see how both the depression and FBMS is and how well I can cope with it. Went to the dr and he changed me from my 60mg to 30mg, I took the 30mg for two days and felt like crap, fuzzy headed couldnt think straight etc so Saturday I said to my hubby I am going cold turkey and I felt really good for it. Today Sunday I feel like crap again, no energy, fuzzy head, nausea, tired, at first I thought it was due to not having much sleep last night but reading some of these posts it doesnt seem like it.

I just want to be me again and feel normal, does anyone have any idea how long the side effects can last for. I work full time as an office mananger and at this rate I dont think I can manage to do my job. I really dont want to go back on the meds again and my dr wasnt much help with how to get off the stuff hence why I thought cold turkey after feeling so good yesterday.

#185 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have been on this horrid drug since just before Christmas 2011. I swapped from Lovan to Cymbalta as not only do I have depression I have Fibromyalgia and they say cymbalta is meant to help with the pain of FBMS.

I decided Monday last week that I wanted to come off the drugs and see how both the depression and FBMS is and how well I can cope with it. Went to the dr and he changed me from my 60mg to 30mg, I took the 30mg for two days and felt like crap, fuzzy headed couldnt think straight etc so Saturday I said to my hubby I am going cold turkey and I felt really good for it. Today Sunday I feel like crap again, no energy, fuzzy head, nausea, tired, at first I thought it was due to not having much sleep last night but reading some of these posts it doesnt seem like it.

I just want to be me again and feel normal, does anyone have any idea how long the side effects can last for. I work full time as an office mananger and at this rate I dont think I can manage to do my job. I really dont want to go back on the meds again and my dr wasnt much help with how to get off the stuff hence why I thought cold turkey after feeling so good yesterday.

I did the 1 capsule a day just as you did and I couldn't think straight. Couldn't find the car keys, left the hen house door open, and I was totally apathetic and unorganized. It's intersting that as I cut back enough to get the brain zaps, muscle pains and horrid pre-migrane symptoms I also began to attempt to ORGANIZE my clothes and papers. I had tried in the past 6 months to do so but could not concentrate on it. And I'm beginning to feel like a real person rather than a husk. I hate you, Cymbalta. I have been robbed of a year of my life and came very close to loosing my life.
I've had a good day followed by a very bad day, followed by a good day, etc. I've been getting as much physical exercise as I can, hoping that sweat and fatigue will flush the poison out of my liver faster. I hope every health care professional who prescribes Cymbalta without warning their paitients about withdrawal gets to experience a complementary 24 hour period of brain zaps, nausea, itching, etc. Then perhaps they will think twice before making Eli Lilly richer by prescribing the stuff.
There is light at the end of the tunnel. I stopped on March 17. Today I've only had a few mild zaps but I've had to force myself to get work done because of fatigue and bad mood. Let's hope that by April 17 this will be over. I've signed up for a class action law suit. It may not get off the ground until I'm a very old woman but NOBODY deserves to be put through the throes of Cymbalta in the name of medicine.

#186 navywife5

navywife5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

I have been on Cymbalta 60mg. for 6 years. I decided with my doctor to get off this drug. The side effects are HORRIBLE to say the least!!! My doctor advised me to take one every other day for a week then one every two days and then one every three days and then stop. My side effects have been mostly nausea, dizziness, upset stomach and headache. The weird thing is my B/P has been up again. I am already on B/P medicines so it has to be caused by the cymbalta!! I did call my doctor yesterday and had a consult with the nurse. Waiting to hear back from them today. I wish I would have known how bad the weaning cycle would have been and I wouldn't have started taking this drug!!! I am going to try and find something all natural to take if and when I need something.

#187 navywife5

navywife5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

I am having second thoughts about going off this medicine so fast!! I am taking 60mg every 2 days right now, but I feel HORRIBLE. I am suppose to take 60mgs twice next week and then stop. HELP!! How can I wean off slower? I am thinking of taking 60 mg every other day for a few weeks and then wean off completely.

#188 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

I am having second thoughts about going off this medicine so fast!! I am taking 60mg every 2 days right now, but I feel HORRIBLE. I am suppose to take 60mgs twice next week and then stop. HELP!! How can I wean off slower? I am thinking of taking 60 mg every other day for a few weeks and then wean off completely.

If you do it that way you are going to suffer and suffer for a long time. Please read through the posts on this site and see what others have done. URIEL has posted some excellent advice. What it boils down to is breaking open a capsule and counting out granules, gradually reducing the number of granules each week. IMO it's the only way to go.
Spend some time reading about what has worked for people on this site. Also, you might want to check out the advice under Herbal Supplements here, too.
Interested in hearing what you decide to do. Your doctor probably doesn't have a clue about weaning patients off this stuff so it's up to you to take look out for yourself. You have come to a good website with lots of advice and support.

#189 melly

melly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hello navywife5: taking pills every other day is asking for a world of hurting. You are better off loading your own capsules or counting granules. A slow wean seems to be better. I bought empty capsules at my pharmacy and weighed out the dose on a electronic scale. This method has worked well for me. Good luck, keep us posted in your progress.

#190 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hello navywife5: taking pills every other day is asking for a world of hurting. You are better off loading your own capsules or counting granules. A slow wean seems to be better. I bought empty capsules at my pharmacy and weighed out the dose on a electronic scale. This method has worked well for me. Good luck, keep us posted in your progress.

Melly, you are 100% correct!. I did the gradual reduction, 30 mg every other day thing and it was pure misery, but I didn't realize what was causing my misery. I wish I had counted granules and avoided the worst misery of my life.
I hope everyone who visits this site will realize that you can't withdraw from $ymbalta like you withdraw from Prozac because $ymbalta screws up TWO neurotransmitters :angry: while Prozac only screws up one.
Did I mention that withdrawal causes MISERY? Yes, I believe I did.

#191 jlvsm1991

jlvsm1991

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

After being on Cymbalta for about 2 months (started at 30 and 1 week later 60mg) I began having suicidal thoughts. My stupid psychiatrist took me off with out weening me and 7 days later I had the worst withdrawal symptoms that landed me in the e.r. I had such a severe migraine, extreme vertigo, involuntary twitching, feeling like I'm hungover, horrid vivid nightmares, and the list goes on. My psychiatrist said I needed to switch to Wellbutrin. (She knows I had an allergic reaction to that one...Idiot!) I said that is enough. Three days after my e.r. trip I am having heart palputations, nausea, extreme thirst (I want water all day!) And continued vertigo. When I asked her if there would be side effects from going cold turkey she said No not at all! Really? Nothing lady? I feel like I drank a bottle of liquor and have sudden sharp joint pains that started today. This medicine and most SSRI are not worth the side effects. I gained 20 pounds in two months! Wth?? I am now feeling like me again and my wife says I am funny again. I was not "hear" for two months. I do not recommend this drug to anyone.....its all bad and should be taken off the market. I really cannot wait till all the withdrawal symptoms are gone.

hI I AM NEW HERE and experiencing all the same things everyone else has.I too was told by my pyschiatrist,which I know this is probably spelled wrong too,cause i cant think or even concentrate> I was on 60mg she had me go down to 30mg for 5 days then start wellbutrin.So now I am in the middle of the withdrawl.The brain zaps are driving me insane, and the itching,ugh! My question to you is did you quit taking the wellbutrin too.I am just so tired of being on antidepressants I just want off of them.I feel like a zombie on them.I have been sleepwalking through the last few years of my life it seems since i started the cymbalta.Headaches were constant,just zombie like.I am thinking of just taking the vitamins supplements people have suggested on here,and totally rid myself of all AD's.So tired physically and mentally of it all.I am so glad for this site and thank God I quit this horrible drug,I would never go back on it for any reason whatso ever.Thanks for listening.Maybe one day this will stop this company of selling death.

#192 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Navywife: I never alternated days. It is better to take a certain dosage of cymbalta EVERYDAY than it is to alternate days. Instead of taking 60mg every 2 days, have you considered taking 50mg everyday???. Then 40mg, then 30mg, then 20mg, then 10mg?
Cymbalta comes in 60mg, 30mg and 20mg presentations. So to take 50mg you can take a 30mg + a 20mg pill.

#193 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Cookie- its Pam. We chatted last year on here. I started getting email notifications that there were posts I had subscribed to. I've been gone a long time.
Happily I can report that I've been off about a year now. The ONLY way I was able to do it was a very slow wean. Counted beads and made my own capsules. I also added Prozac in to replace the cymbalta. I had taken days off work, cried, cursed.....everything while withdrawing. It's terrible.....but doable. I hope that everyone gets some helpful advice and ideas here. It saved me.

#194 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Navywife: I never alternated days. It is better to take a certain dosage of cymbalta EVERYDAY than it is to alternate days. Instead of taking 60mg every 2 days, have you considered taking 50mg everyday???. Then 40mg, then 30mg, then 20mg, then 10mg?
Cymbalta comes in 60mg, 30mg and 20mg presentations. So to take 50mg you can take a 30mg + a 20mg pill.

Speaking from experience, alternating days is the WORST way to go. Decrease gradually, even if it means counting granules.
IMO it is not wise to use timed realease granules with the single shot green capsules.

#195 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Cookie- its Pam. We chatted last year on here. I started getting email notifications that there were posts I had subscribed to. I've been gone a long time.
Happily I can report that I've been off about a year now. The ONLY way I was able to do it was a very slow wean. Counted beads and made my own capsules. I also added Prozac in to replace the cymbalta. I had taken days off work, cried, cursed.....everything while withdrawing. It's terrible.....but doable. I hope that everyone gets some helpful advice and ideas here. It saved me.

Hello Pam!!!!! yes I remember you perfectly. I see that you have been off the medication for a year. That´s great. I wasn´t able to quit. I had to updose and I am taking the minimum dosage I need to be able to function. How long did it take you to overcome withdrawal symptoms? Are you totally med free? or are you taking another antidepressant?

#196 endoftherainbow

endoftherainbow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum but feel I need to 'talk' to like minded people about weaning off cymbalta. Basically, I am just sick of being on medication and being an emotional 'robot'. Wonderful for keeping you calm and coping with life, but you dont 'feel'. I have been on numerous antidepressants for the last 8 years - my doctor upping me to cymbalta as it was a 'newer' and better antidepressant.
I suffered depression all through me teen years (undiagnosed) and once I became pregnant, suffered ante-natal and severe post natal depression - enough that I dont remember a lot of my daughter's first two years of life :-( - Thank goodness, my husband was able to step up and look after both of us. In a brief moment of insanity, we became pregnant again,and again, ante-natal and post-natal depression,. My daugher is 6 1/2 and my son is now 3 1/2 and I still suffer major depression but I'm so sick of being on meds, there has to be another way.
I was on cymbalta 60mg for 6 months but this is by far the worst antidepressant I have been on - and I have tried quite a few! I dropped down to 30 mg for one month and am now doing the one on, one off, 30mg. Seems to be ok but having effects like others have noted - cottonwool head, dizziness, eyes blurring, not being able to concentrate for longer than five mins, snappy at the hubby and kids, disinterest in everything and everyone!
Just reading through the comments noted on here I wonder if I am doing this the right way.......... any words of encouragement would be most welcome as I am feeling very alone in my come down.

#197 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Cookie- I'm still on Wellbutrin and Prozac. I have tried to get
Off the Prozac a couple of times with disastrous results. I can feel my depression creeping back when I do. The feelings of guilt, hopelessness, unending sadness hang over me like a black cloud. Luckily I dont experience any debilitating side effects from either medication. I have accepted the fact that I will always need to be on meds and I'm ok with that. Getting off cymbalta was terrible, terrible, terrible but can be done.

#198 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

End of the rainbow-
You arent alone. Take comfort in that. I too suffered depression through my teen years and into early adulthood. I had terrible post partum depression with both of my children. After the birth of my 2nd child I was hospitalized several times. His first year of life was a blur. Be grateful that your husband stepped up. Mine didn't. He left me with no job, 2 babies and severe depression. Medication saved my life. I have been divorced for 10 years now. My children are thriving, I have a wonderful career, own a home. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for medication. It's just a daily part of my life. Granted cymbalta was hell on earth there are plenty of other great medications to let you enjoy life and love your babies each and every day. Feel free to email me if you want to chat.
I wish you only the best and you are NOT alone
Pam

#199 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum but feel I need to 'talk' to like minded people about weaning off cymbalta. Basically, I am just sick of being on medication and being an emotional 'robot'. Wonderful for keeping you calm and coping with life, but you dont 'feel'. I have been on numerous antidepressants for the last 8 years - my doctor upping me to cymbalta as it was a 'newer' and better antidepressant.
I suffered depression all through me teen years (undiagnosed) and once I became pregnant, suffered ante-natal and severe post natal depression - enough that I dont remember a lot of my daughter's first two years of life :-( - Thank goodness, my husband was able to step up and look after both of us. In a brief moment of insanity, we became pregnant again,and again, ante-natal and post-natal depression,. My daugher is 6 1/2 and my son is now 3 1/2 and I still suffer major depression but I'm so sick of being on meds, there has to be another way.
I was on cymbalta 60mg for 6 months but this is by far the worst antidepressant I have been on - and I have tried quite a few! I dropped down to 30 mg for one month and am now doing the one on, one off, 30mg. Seems to be ok but having effects like others have noted - cottonwool head, dizziness, eyes blurring, not being able to concentrate for longer than five mins, snappy at the hubby and kids, disinterest in everything and everyone!
Just reading through the comments noted on here I wonder if I am doing this the right way.......... any words of encouragement would be most welcome as I am feeling very alone in my come down.

You may gain some insight by googling DEPRESSION IS NOT A DISEASE. There are also natural remedies that help many people.
You may benefit from opening a capsule and occasionally taking 50-100 granules in the morning. That helped me but everyone is differnet.
I've started a Facebook group about the dangers of Cymbalta: CYMBALTA HURTS WORSE
Keep posting. As you know, it is so easy to feel alone but you are NOT ALONE. Your posts will eventually help someone else!
Peace, health and full recovery! :)

#200 eoliver921

eoliver921

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    To know I am not alone

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Symptoms:
BRAIN ZAPS!!!!!!!!!!!! I was happy to find a name for those, It is the best way to describe them for others.
Exhaustion
Irritablity
Anger
My face feels HOT
Nausea like I'm pregnant

I went cold turkey about 2 weeks ago. It has been pure hell trying to work full time and take care of my family and basically not sure with anyone - my husband loves me very much, but I know he would tell me I need it, and I don't NEED it. I NEED it out of my body. I have tried the taper several times, and it didn't work for me. If I have it, I'll take it, if I don't, I can't. I'm so glad to know I am not alone.

#201 Magpie

Magpie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:
    I need help and support with these debilitating side effects from the withdrawal of Cymbalta.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Help! has anyone had persistent sexual arousal because of withdrawing from Cymbalta? I have been in constant pain and agony for almost a week and have finally given up and started back on Cymbalta. This has been the most awful experience of my life. If I have to be in this state of extreme discomfort I will kill myself. This may sound like something you'd want, but believe me, it's not. After the third orgasm or so, it becomes so painful. It's ruining my marriage.

Other side effects are really bad --

Extreme joint and muscle pain -- can't even stand up to walk around. I'm like an old lady.
Incapacitating headaches
Nausea
Brain “zaps”
Dizziness
Flu-like symptoms

These all come an go, but the sexual arousal thing seems to be present almost all the time. Any ideas on what to do about this would be helpful. Has anyone else gone through this living hell?

#202 Lisaw

Lisaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Magpie your not alone in that one...I too have it..extremely frustrating..thinking about giving in and going back on just to get some relief

#203 freeme2

freeme2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have gone through all the same things. Except I am in too much pain at the moment to write everything down.

I don't think the clinical trials did any testing on withdrawals from the drug, obviously.
No body cares about the person getting off the drug, they just want to keep on the drug. Right>?

I am sure the people at Lilly are trying to figure out a way to suppress any bad press until their patent expires. In this way, they can get their greater profits.
Then it will not be their problem anymore, because they will not be getting so much income from it.

They will push the issue aside until it not a problem anymore.

I know it is heartless. They care more about making money than people. It is the corporate world.,

#204 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlsea, Oregon
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta Withdrawal. Diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (20 years); Fibromyalgia (Summer 2011); Arthritis...

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

The more I read on here, the more I can validate certain symptoms!I already have a dry mouth from my pain meds, but during this wd it's been extreme! I've tried so many things, want to drink water constantly (which makes me have to urinate of course, which aggravates the bladder disease I have (Interstitial Cystitis).

And the nausea! At first I wasn't sure because at the same time I was switching pain meds for a month and chewing a lot of Biotene gum. Finally realized that part of it was the xylitol. Decreased that & it seemed to help some but then yesterday, i hadn't had any and still got extremely nauseous while trying to eat lunch. Phenergan didn't help so took a zofran and crashed out for hours. Still nauseous today...thank God I am finally on disability, I don't know how you guys can work while going thru this! I also had a period where i was out of one of the rxs (either the 30mg or the 60mg, can't remember, ha surprise on that! I do keep a journal of all this tho as I go along)Anyway, I think I was getting more poison not less. I had less dry mouth, slept better...who knows, it seems so frickin complicated sometimes! Especially when symptoms randomly come & go! Thanks for "listening" :)

#205 Jdunc

Jdunc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hey there, I'm brand new to the site and I'm wondering if I'm having side effects from lowering my dose of Cymbalta. I've gone from 60mg to 30mg in the last couple of days. I've noticed I've got post nasal drip which is why I have a sore throat. Also, I'm having a lot of muscle pain in my legs. I haven't changed anything else in my daily routine so I think it must be side effects. Can anyone give me some insight??? Thanks

#206 freeme2

freeme2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Yes, these are the side effects. I went from 90 to 60mg. It took about 3 to 4 days to set in. I was in bed for 4 days with the cold / flu symptoms plus so much dizziness that I really couldn't get out of bed. I was so nausea. Then I got the pounding headache that went away by drinking about a gallon of ice cold water. At night, I would get pain in my calf and foot.
All these symptoms are from the cymbalta. I was so tired like I got hit by a mac truck. I had to force myself to get up and walk. About the 7 day, I started feeling better, but my brain felt like it was cement. I couldn't think at all. I would get mad out of the blue which is so unlike me. I am very mellow yellow. I got so mad when I shut the door, I broke the lock. I am a petite person so this was a lot of force to do this. This cymbalta can pack a punch.

You get so many side effects as you withdrawals so try to take some supplements to combat the suffering.

I am weaning much slower now. I can be put down for 6 days. I didn't get any brain zaps that people have been talking about.

This drug makes me so paranoid. I really have no self-confidence in how I feel about anything. I am not going to make any major decisions until it is out of my system. That is how bad cymbalta can leave you.. So take it slow and run out and get some cold meds antihistamines..
I hope you feel better soon. As long as you maintain the 60mg you will go back to normal...

#207 Shirley

Shirley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

Like most people say brain zaps, flu symptoms, can't consintrate at times. My muscles still hurt,face numbness. It made me have hart palpatations and stiff muscles and dizzyness at 60 mgs. I just stoped taking it because my heart doctor told me it was the cymbalta doing it to me. I totaley freeked out. Then my phy. Dr tried to put me back on 30 mgs but I didn't go back on it. That's messed up. Why put someone back on a medication if it makes them ill? Its a bad medication!! I've been off for two months almost and I'm still sick!!!

#208 freckles

freckles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

My wife was on cymbalta for about 2 months, 60mg for depression. She quit cold turkey 2 days ago.

While on cymbalta:
lethargic
seemed to sleep all the time, except at night
very slurred speech
her thought and speech seemed to be slowed
blurred vision
unsteady on her feet
poor hand-eye coordination
lost short term memory
quickly irritated
it effected her handwriting
lost sexual desire
lost interest in almost everything
was easily overwhelmed
seemed to lose all sense of time
lost desire to leave the house
withdrew from friends

I'm sure there are more, but for now those are the ones I can think of

Since being off of cymbalta: (on day 2 now)
has smile back
is laughing again
I can understand her when I talk to her on the phone
seems to be sleeping better at night instead of during the day
enjoys being outside again

doesn't seem to have much of an appetite
has been complaining of a headache most of the day, but she seems to have them often anyway
back pain (did yard work today or back surgery are possible causes)
some nausea
diarrhea yesterday, but had GI problems before going on cymbalta

#209 alysonhliberty

alysonhliberty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

Symptoms while on Cymbalta:

*severely depressed mood
*withdrawal from 95% of social situations
*loss of enjoyment of most activities I used to love
*debilitating fatigue
*loss of appetite (to the point where I was near passing out quite often)
*nausea
*drastic shifts in mood (very happy to bursting out in tears)
*horrible short-term memory
*constant nightmares, to the point where I'd be afraid to go back to sleep
*sweating like CRAZY

Withdrawal symptoms (am currently on day 7 of no Cymbalta):

*brain zaps
*immobilizing nausea and anxiety
*extreme shifts in mood
*very irritable; I will snap at someone for no reason
*even worse loss of appetite
*dangerously low blood pressure
*painful sores inside my mouth, and peeling of layers of skin inside my mouth
*bruising in unexplainable areas
*twitching of my legs and arms that I can't control
*overwhelmed at the simplest of tasks
*still grossly sweaty
*feeling completely disconnected with reality (depersonalization)

The brain zaps were a bit less severe finishing up day 6, but my mouth is so sore from the peeling skin and the sores that it is hard to eat. Anxiety and nausea are the worst parts of it.

One good thing I've experienced during withdrawal: my energy levels have increased, and I am sleeping a more "normal" amount.

#210 YAy

YAy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

side effects:
Nightmares
unable to wake up
memory problems
low sex drive
unable to be "in the moment"