#31 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Fishinghat....thank you!  I will try another week and see how it goes - one of my sons told me I should see my therapist more often, but don't want to talk to anyone right now.  And yes, I have been told that I am extremely sensitive, but that is me...

I am praying for the best and  hope that this will soon be over.  I felt so bad yesterday that I slept almost all afternoon - a good escape if nothing else.

Perhaps the new phone takes more brain power than I currently have because I am not stupid  -  just can't seem to process information at this point.

Thank you all for listening to my rant - you are such a great group of helpful, wonderful ppl!

Liz :hug:

#32 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

TFL, I feel your frustration! No SINbalta (my name for it) since mid Nov. or so. I have lots of great days, some just average days, some blah days, but a few really crappy days thrown in also. Back (mostly spinal) aches, very edgy, tearful, just blah! The old brain doesn't process or function so great either! All that to say... I am praying and hopeful that my poor brain is still trying to heal and return to a somewhat normal function!!! I have been on antids for many years and I am guessing it's gonna take a while to get back to some kind of normalcy, whatever that is! lol! Will continue to pray for you!!!   clara :)

#33 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Clara...thank you - I think that I have taken too many meds over the years and am probably in the same place :(

Forgive me, as I do not remember - are you seeing a Dr or therapist at this time?  If so, do you feel that it is helping?

I am to go to my youngest son's wedding in Hawaii in Aug., but cannot go if this continues.  Somehow I feel that will be the case. 

Thank you for your prayers and mine are going out to you as well... :)

#34 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

TFL, Not seeing a therapist and don't wanna see my doc unless I'm really sick. I did go for counsel for several months to help me deal with many issues, and it helped tremendously! Now, I guess you could say I'm winging it! The last doc visit a few weeks ago, I was still very edgy, (too much coffee b4 the apt didn't help), angry at what the meds had done, bp on the high side, just kind of a mess! She wanted me to go back to counsel, start back on Buspirone, and take meds for bp. Maybe I'm being an idiot, stubborn or whatever, but I was having a "bad day" when I went to the doc, and I have decided not to take the meds,  go back for counsel only if things get unbearable, pray a lot, read my Bible, read positive books, and work through the tough days. We'll see how this works. I have a strong faith in my savior and He doesn't work as fast as I'd like, but that is who God is! He knows best, and I am expectant and anticipating better days ahead! We become strong in the storms!! Hope this helps, TFL! You remain in my prayers!  clara :) BTW, You have lots of time before that wedding. You will be ready, I just know it!!!!

#35 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

HELP!!!  What is going on w/me???  I am just starting week 7 and most of last week was making me think this was almost over...
After the horrible feeling of rage about 3 days ago, I have been crying again and feel like I am starting over except for the headaches.  I am having dreams again and when I woke up this am I thought about the new phone I bought and how I can't seem to manage to understand how to use it and started crying again.  Am considering seeing either my GP, who knows nothing about my trip from Cymbalta hell or my therapist, whom I see only once a month.  I'm afraid that my GP will prescribe something again, and I don't want to take anything else.  I am still on my hydrocodone and alprazolam and that is enough!  I feel as if I am losing my mind..

Liz :angry:

TryinginFL. ..I do agree with Fishinghat. .it's possible your doctor may give you some other helpful medication to get you through the hardest part...Hopefully you are just a bit more sensitive to these withdrawls. .Please please keep us posted on your feelings and symptoms. .We definitely care about you and will be here at every post...God Bless you...

#36 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Clara...thank you - I think that I have taken too many meds over the years and am probably in the same place :(

Forgive me, as I do not remember - are you seeing a Dr or therapist at this time?  If so, do you feel that it is helping?

I am to go to my youngest son's wedding in Hawaii in Aug., but cannot go if this continues.  Somehow I feel that will be the case. 

Thank you for your prayers and mine are going out to you as well... :)

TryinginFL. .I see a psychologist and for me it's been quite an experience. .Being a mental advisor myself for many years I felt the psychiatrists do their job giving meds for our problems, although psychologists help getting to the root of our issues and tech techniques to overcome our obsticles..They listen, understand, and decide what course of action we need to take..I feel this is the best route for me....

#37 Leprechaun

Leprechaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida ; formerly Connecticut
  • why_joining:
    To learn from others that have been where I am now. Maybe someday I will be able to help someone else.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Hang in there Tryingin Fl,  Those relapses you describe I think I call "the down slides" on the rollercoaster from hell. I just try to reassure myself that soon it will bounce and will go up again. Like I said before sometimes it takes some effort to convince myself to believe it. I also agree that your MD would likely put you on something  else. A catch 22 situation. I'm also on week 7 and god knows it's a struggle. Thoughts and prayers your way.

#38 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hang in there Tryingin Fl,  Those relapses you describe I think I call "the down slides" on the rollercoaster from hell. I just try to reassure myself that soon it will bounce and will go up again. Like I said before sometimes it takes some effort to convince myself to believe it. I also agree that your MD would likely put you on something  else. A catch 22 situation. I'm also on week 7 and god knows it's a struggle. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Leprechaun. ..Great advice..It's so wonderful for members to share experience as you have with TryinginFL. .As there is a commonality here for both of you.....You are a great asset to this forum...

#39 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

TFL, it's not you, it's the chemical changes happening in your brain...removing cymbalta means the brain has to sort of rewire itself....and stuff goes a bit haywire....you likely are extra sensitive, so try to be extra gentle with yourself....

I'm just starting my 12th week off cymbalta....and I still have some horrid days...or just a few hours....for example, today is a bad day...my optic nerves feel like they're on fire....which then makes me start to doubt myself, my recovery, etc....it's just a "bad spell" I know, but when we're in the middle of them, it feels like forever....

I'm not in therapy......I spent years working through all the hitches in my get along back in the 1980s....now I just go to a witch doc (psychiatrist).... Once a month for meds only....I'd rather be boiled in oil than to "talk" with him....he still doesn't believe there's such a thing as cymbalta withdrawal....if I ever need more talk therapy, I'll go to a psychologist or licensed clinical social worker.....

I've found that tryptophan supplements help me...they boost serotonin, lack of which can cause anxiety and panic....I also take theanine for the same reason.... Just be careful, because too much serotonin...supps and/or meds...can cause serotonin syndrome.....

I also take lots of magnesium and omega 3 .....

Hang in there, you can do this!

#40 Luckypenny

Luckypenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'm new to this forum and I'm thankful for finding it. I'm hoping I'll get some STRAIGHT HONEST answers here. No sugar coating please.
I had to get off of cymbalta due to it going generic and free samples not being available to my Dr. I cannot afford the generic either. I was taking 60mg daily of cymbalta for about the past two years for fibro and depression. My Dr. Said nothing, just called in the Wellbutrin script. I faithfully started the Wellbutrin 6 days ago. Completely unaware and unprepared for the HELL I've been through since. I don't need to bore you with all of my symptoms as they are much like all the other symptoms I've read about on here. My question is this.....I've been off cymbalta cold turkey for the past 6 days, WHEN IS THE HELL GOING TO END? I'm not sure I can handle this much longer. If there is a light at the end of a VERY SHORT tunnel, then I can handle that. If not, and I'm looking at weeks and weeks of this, I'm going to require some help. I've never been suicidal in my life and yet I found myself pondering it two days ago. I do not trust my thoughts, feelings, emotions at all as they violently swing from one end of the spectrum to the other.
PLEASE ANY help or advice is greatly appreciated.

#41 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

The first 3 or 4 weeks of withdrawal are the worse with some slow, and I mean slow improvements. By the 8th to 12th week usually see signs of good days followed by bad days but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. Now that is the average. Usually cold turkey will last an additinal 4 weeks. Having said that I have known people who actually quit cold turkey without a symptom. And others where the withdrawal last 6 months to over a year but these are rare. Research says between 30 to 80% of people do not experience withdrawal while other research shows that around 7% experience withdrawal of 6 months or more. Obviously a lot of variations.

The suicidal thoughts are a deep concern to me. There have been suicides during withdrawal but quite rare. I really think you need to see your dr about that. Luckily the wellbutrin should start kicking in in about a week more and should be at full effect around weeks 3 or 4.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing. God Bless

#42 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Oh Luckypenny, my heart aches for you! I'm hesitant to say this, but the w/drawals can last for a few weeks. Please see your doctor to get something, (possibly a low dose of Ativan?) to help ease your w/drawals. It's easy to say and much harder to do, but if you can just try to stay relaxed, cry if you need to, distract with tv, books, music, games, even sleep if you can. Do you have family or close friends that can be with you? If so, it will help them understand what's going on with you, to come onto the forum and read some posts. Please keep us posted! Others will chime in soon with support! We're here for you!!!  clara

#43 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

Clara-are you taking BP rx?

#44 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

No meds for me right now except omeprazole for indigestion and ibuprofen for the back aches that continue to plague me towards the end of most every day. Frustrating leftover Cymbalta gifts!!!! ARG!!!!  clara :)

#45 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

Luckypenny-- I am here with straight talk! Please do not ponder the suicide option!! I tell you from my own experience as well as having cared for people on ventilators who have attempted and/or succeed in taking their own lives. I have been there to watch their light go out and it is horrible. Natural causes are one thing but to witness this act and participating on the resuscitation team is one only others know too well. Take it off the table. You may not be able to do it "right".  Your family will suffer. If you are like me with a distant family, I still plead with you to put that idea as a no option. You are here for a reason and I have a feeling you have not yet recognize the why...You will get passed the point of pondering but I want you to be around for that point!!! please friend me and I will call you if you want to talk.

Addendum: saw my charming doctor today and proceeded to tell her about the evils of Cymbalta (at the time of getting on it seemed like a great idea) withdrawal. She asked me a couple of questions regarding hurting self. The whole time I was thinking about LuckPenny. My doc, bless her heart, rushing around...thought just maybe I might be suicidal when it was a friend that was foremost on my mind and this whole community of ppl from the "oldies 2 newbies". I know I wasn't myself but didn't want to disclose everything I was thinking...  then I had a brain zap.  LOL :lol: How to get my message to her across re: rx'g this med.--thinking long about the benefit /risks...YIKES!

#46 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Clara....Congratulations! :)  I am so happy for you - I wish that I could get to that point, but at least I am slowly eliminating things!

I got up this am feeling better than I have all week but then my "friend" called in less than an hr.  She is trying to get me to go to the Dr and tell him what is going on w/me, which I won't do.  She feels that my age may present more problems (I'm 72) and he may have to put me on something else forever....NO NO NO!!! :angry:  Sorry, but I really needed to vent.

I take BP meds and am still on my Alprazolam and Hydrocodone (maybe forever on those), but I don't want anything else! 

Thanks for reading this latest rant,

Liz :(

#47 Luckypenny

Luckypenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

We'll not the news I was hoping for....I was hoping more like by the end of two weeks I'd be normal again and past all the bad stuff. And back to normal. Whatever that is? Or if that's even possible...
I feel enraged at my Dr. For not saying ONE SINGLE WORD about ANY kind of withdraw from cymbalta! I would love for him to live in these shoes for just TWO days....and experience the madness,& the mania! One minute (or half a day) I feel like I'm on speed or something, zipping around the house getting things done, all the while still not feeling totally right.....as Speeding around the house, talking to myself, getting a ton accomplished is not my norm. Then in an instant something can happen, whether it's a thought, a song, or a piece of Tupperware not fitting into the cabinet without a bunch of stuff falling out, and I'm in a rage like I have not seen and do not want to see. My boyfriend of 11yrs (we're married in our own way) and I were discussing this cymbalta stuff the other night.....I went from bawling to pure blind rage when we starting talking about Obama care. And I do mean RAGE. Full on meltdown, screaming, frothing from the mouth etc...He is as understanding as one can be without actually experiencing it. The past 6 months have been an extremely emotional time for me and emotionally I've felt like the cymbalta wasn't helping like it once did. However, I am talking about an extremely, heart wrenching, emotional time for me. Just as I was picking myself up & dusting myself off and starting to heal from that and feeling more sound. My doc puts me on Wellbutrin, takes me off cymbalta, And now I feel like I'm bi-polar! And from the sounds of things the light is at the end of a very long tunnel. Ugh....I am in a very weakened state emotionally as it is.....now this? The Lord must think I'm stronger than I believe I am.
I do feel like I'm sane enough not to hurt myself....but I genuinely scare myself on a bad day and I'm finding out i cannot predict what ANY day is going to behold. So far out of the 6 days I've been off cymbalta completely, with NO taper, I've had ONE somewhat kinda decent day....in comparison to the other 5.
I truly appreciate the info and words of support.

OH I ALMOST LEFT THIS OUT!
I have gained 30 VERY unwanted pounds on this medication! I suppose I'm stuck with that also? Stopping medication doesn't equal weight coming off I presume?

#48 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

To Clara: The meds you mentioned are so much different--they are not like the evil Crabalta! They are of known quantity and action--we actually know how they work to block pain and relax muscles. Power to you!!

Luckypenny I am on my way to routine MD appt. and plan to revisit what I have learned from you and the rest of the community here. She is a savvy practitioner. Let's help the next person and the next and so on!! I personally have lost 5-8 lbs after week one! From 127 to 121. May not seem like a lot but proportionately it is indeed. I did not know it was related to Cymbalta until joining this fine community. Hang in there and I will send you positive thoughts!!! sending.... :wub:

#49 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

Under normal conditions a dr would decrease the cymbalta over a 3 week period and increase the Wellbutrin over the same period. This allows a fairly smooth transition. Unluckily with the expense involved you were not able to do that.

As far as not warning you about the withdrawal... Well drs get training on new meds from the manufacturer. Eli Lilley unluckily does not consider the withdrawal as significant despite all the research to the contrary.

#50 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

You got that right xman! No more ssri or snris for me! God bless you, dear friend! You are a huge asset on the forum!!! clara :)

#51 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Yep! It's a money thang!!!! What has really got me ticked.... some of these other websites on psych drugs talk as if it's only the psych docs prescribing these drugs! I think that's not correct! Seems to me it's just regular medical doctors handing out samples or scripts rather willy nilly, instead of suggesting therapy with liscensed counselors, pastoral counsel, group therapy of some type! Am I nuts in this thinking? Sorry, enough of my rant!  Hugs and prayers for all! clara :wacko:  :)

#52 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi lucky penny...you can do this! What you're feeling is the drug leaving your system and your system starting to heal and rewire itself....do NOT give in to those thoughts to harm yourself....they are the evil drug talking, not the real you who wants to live and be healthy and happy...the drug doesn't want to let you go.....

and please, please let those close to you...or at least one person, know that you're quitting this stuff...AND that you've felt like doing harm to yourself....

Like you, I came off cold turkey...lost insurance, cldnt afford the brand cymbalta...tried the generic and had an absolutely horrible reaction...said the hell with this and just stopped...my witch doc didn't believe that there cld be problems with the generic, or that ther cld be this kind of hard withdrawal....I was on 60 mg for almost 8 years....I'm in my 12th week of being off...and the good days now outnumber the lousy ones...which sort of come in "waves"....I just had three lousy days, and Fishinghat had to calm me down as I was about to cave in and go back on a lose dose of the poison....but, today is another very good day....and I'm grateful I did t give up....

You can do this...we're here to help....if wak me can come this far, with a lot of help from the others here, so can you....use your rage at the docs and big pharma to fuel your recovery...then, if you're like me, you can fantasize about putting this shit in their morning coffee for a few months and then stopping, so they can feel what we've felt/ are feeling..... ;-D

My first thought is this...is there any way that you can scrounge up the $ for even one month worth of the brand cymbalta....then we cld help you with the bead counting method....well, others here can...as I said, I did it cold turkey...

CT is possible...but the first month for me was the worst...I'm almost 61, and don't have much stamina to begin with...I ended up spending most of that month home bound and usually in bed....but, early in the second month the good hours...then days..started to arrive...

The best part has been that my friends are noticing that I'm "somehow different"...one of them said that I seem like a new person...and a much more fun and likeable one at that!

This is long and rambling...I'm tired, as I've been out and about...visiting a friend in a nursing home....I just want to somehow convey to you that life without cymbalta is wonderful....and that all that I've suffered and struggled to get off it is worth it...and makes the new life I'm starting even more wonderful....

Hang in there, I'm praying for you...keep us posted....

#53 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Great inspiring post FiveNotions! Sharing your story is helping many on the forum, I'm sure! Keep up the great posts and keep pushing forward! Us old broads still got a lotta fight left in us!!!  Hugs and prayers for all!!!  clara :)

#54 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Clara....right you are! :D

Prayers and hugs to all,

#55 happygolucky

happygolucky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hello TryinginFL, I am so sorry that you are having such trouble, especially after doing so well.I know we get our hopes up when we start feeling better, especially when it seems we are on the upside of the rollercoaster. But keep in mind the down side will go away. When we are in a good day, we can see this a little easier, but in the middle of the storm it seems like it will never end. I know some days I have trouble processing things than others. For instance, I am a mother of 4 and can multitask with the best of them. But on a bad day, I can't focus and definately cannot multitask which adds to my irritability. I have been praying alot, and I have felt God relieve a lot of the stress and symptoms. But keep in mind, God can use our turmoils to help not just us, but others around us. have you tried some of the vitamins they have mentioned in the health section? I am using omega3 and vitamin B12, plus some others and it has helped some. After reading some of these posts, I was thinking about what might help us on our bad days. because onour bad days, we can't reason the same as we do when everything is working right. here's an idea I am gonna try, maybe you would like it too. Take a small photo album and label it Strength, Reason to Love, Brightness, whatever you like. and put some pics in it that make you smile, pics of people you love, places you've been or are planning/wanting to go, scripture that lifts your spirit or gives you hope, encouragement, reasons why you want/know you can get thru this. Do this on one (or more) of your good days. Then, when your bad days come open it and look thru it to help you brain reset to the positive. I don't know how well this will work, but I am gonna give it a try. :-) Being able to come to this forum has been amazingly awesome. We are all praying for you and It is really helpful to get to vent.
LuckyPenny, I am so glad you found this forum. the people here are awesome and it is so nice to have others who understand. I am just starting week 4. And I have good days and bad days. Try to find a way to help yourself on the bad days. OUr brains function differently on those days, and you're right...you can't trust your thoughts. I am going to try the photo album idea I mentioned above. I think the pics will work great too because on the bad days, I hurt so much and have no patience for reading and usually my head and eyes hurt and I can't read or focus anywhay. I find the ice pack on the back of the neck and cold rags on my eyes help. Please take the suicidal thoughts seriously as on a bad day, the intensity of your feelings,thoughts,emotions can overwhelm you and make suicide seem like a reasonable option...IT IS NOT. Please write some of the reasons why you have to live down , on a good day, and keep them close to read on a bad one. Keep someone's number who you can trust with your feelings, and let them know that although you are not normally suicidal, the withdrawal makes you ponder it and you may need to call them the next time this happens. It will get better, Lucky. If you are feeling it is too much, I would def ask your physician for some help, but I would be sure to tell him you want something short term to help you with the withdrawal. God made each of us special. Each with our own gifts, our own personalities and He loves us all. Ask Him to help you through this and that He can use your "storm" in a way to help others. I feel ya with the weight. I thought I would at least have the benefit of loosing weight once I was off cymbalta...not happnin'. :-)

#56 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

Hglucky....thank you for your kind words and I like your idea of making an album of happy things and thoughts!  I am going to start one! :)  I wish you all the best - you are really something, dealing with 4 children - I live with 2 dogs and can continue to lose it... :(

Today was a good day as I found myself laughing with my nail tech between the teary times.  She has been a god-send - young enough to be my daughter but knows me well and is trying to help (which she is doing, much to my liking!)  Feeling happy to have a fresh mani and pedi - makes me feel wonderful! :D

LuckyPenny...please hang in there - I know how horrible things can be but they really do get better - it's hard to believe, but they do.  I am starting my 8th week off of that crap and my good days are coming much more frequently, even though tears happen often.  But that's OK - at least I am feeling something!  I am still dreaming quite vividly, but the dreams are not violent or scary.

Thank you all for being here - you are my life savers! :D 

Love, hugs and prayers,

#57 happygolucky

happygolucky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hi all, I just wanted to touch base with you guys, and gals. I have missed you  alot. wanted to see how you are doing.  

I am definately improving, although right now I am sick ... head cold, sorethroat, AND stomach bug. :-(  has been one thing after another since quitting. Sometimes I think my body just hates me :-). 

I really want to thank you all for reaching out to me. You have no idea how much it helped. I hope I can help others as they go thru their journey as well. 

I can't believe it has been 8 weeks. wow.still have issues, but better able to deal with it. stupid nerves in my legs keep bugging me. and random bouts of insomnia. weird.

Anyway, would love to hear how you all are doing if you have time. :-)

God Bless,

Happygolucky

#58 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hi all, I just wanted to touch base with you guys, and gals. I have missed you  alot. wanted to see how you are doing.  

I am definately improving, although right now I am sick ... head cold, sorethroat, AND stomach bug. :-(  has been one thing after another since quitting. Sometimes I think my body just hates me :-). 

I really want to thank you all for reaching out to me. You have no idea how much it helped. I hope I can help others as they go thru their journey as well. 

I can't believe it has been 8 weeks. wow.still have issues, but better able to deal with it. stupid nerves in my legs keep bugging me. and random bouts of insomnia. weird.

Anyway, would love to hear how you all are doing if you have time. :-)

God Bless,

Happygolucky

happygolucky! It is so good to hear from you. The w/d symptoms can last a long time even after we have swallowed the last dose of that nasty poison. I am almost 3 weeks off the crap and continue to have some symptoms. HA, nausea and today my temper just seems to be simmering right beneath the surface. I dunno...But I'll carry on as best I can. Prayers, support & hope for you! :hug: TheEquusWoman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users