Photo

Rewarding Myself For Suffering Cymbalta Withdrawl.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

In addition to my positive 's I find daily to post, I will now start to reward myself as often as I can to remind myself how hard I'm working to be cymbalta free.

Today I rewarded myself with a nice new body cream to apply to my body which has gone through so much...Every time I apply it from today forward it will be a gift to my body and a reminder how hard I worked to get to today!

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

Carleeta - how wonderful!  A special treat for yourself and much deserved :D  Yes, you have worked hard for a long time and I am so thrilled for you!

My thoughts and prayers will remain with you.

Liz :hug:

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

Ooh, great idea Carleeta....I'll decide what little reward to give myself and let you know....

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

Carleeta - how wonderful!  A special treat for yourself and much deserved :D  Yes, you have worked hard for a long time and I am so thrilled for you!

My thoughts and prayers will remain with you.

TryinginFL. .TY...I and my prayers to you too...:)

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Today I had someone clean my house for me (it surely needed it!) as I have done no dusting or whatever in the 5 weeks I have been going through this withdrawal process.  It made me feel great and I worked hard to deserve it!

It is wonderful to reward yourself! :D

#6 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

FiveNotions. .Can't wait to see how you will rewards yourself tomorrow!

TryinginFL. ..Wonderful way to reward yourself..Good for you....You deserve it...

#7 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

And to reward myself, for going through this hell and try to forget it a few hours, This afternoon I will go play Bingo.

That is, if brain zaps(tiny) and anxiety can clear the way. It's a way for me to be in another atmosphere in my brain, instead of letting it bounce like a pingpong ball.  Withdrawal symptoms.

And when I come back, I will have a glass of red wine! if I can muster it. Today is not a good day.

#8 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

And to reward myself, for going through this hell and try to forget it a few hours, This afternoon I will go play Bingo.

That is, if brain zaps(tiny) and anxiety can clear the way. It's a way for me to be in another atmosphere in my brain, instead of letting it bounce like a pingpong ball.  Withdrawal symptoms.

And when I come back, I will have a glass of red wine! if I can muster it. Today is not a good day.

Gail, wonderful idea to go to Bingo and reward yourself. I hope you enjoy it.

#9 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Today I rewarded myself by having a big juicy hamburger. It tasted sooo good! I stay away from fast foods on a regular basis, but today I gave in and had a burger with cheese....ummmmm

#10 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

oooooo, what a sinful and wonderful reward, Carleeta!  I'm sure that you enjoyed every last morsel :)

I know that I would have, as a Wendy's double cheeseburger is heaven to me...

I also do not indulge often, but wow - what a wonderful treat when I do! :D

Good for you!

#11 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:10 AM

Carleeta, just wondering what your reward will be today!

My yesterday's reward, bingo and a glass and a half of wine. Well won 50 dollars, that was ok! but should have stayed on one glass of wine, the other half had me feeling fidgety and crying. That must be the withdrawall acting up, will know better!

#12 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Gail - congrats on your win!  I'm sure you enjoyed the Bingo to no end... :)

I must say that I have not had the courage to even try any wine since I started this cold turkey thing and I am in the middle of week 6.  I find that I get weepy whenever I have even a minor upset so have decided no wine for some time yet.

Today I actually woke up at 730am - early for me - with only a slight headache which I now attribute to caffeine withdrawal.  I only have maybe 3 cups of coffee a week and the rest of the time I stay on herbal tea.  Thankfully, I am slowly regaining energy and am able to pick a small project to accomplish each day.  I wonder how much longer this will last, but am sure the worst I over!

Stay with us, Gail - you will get there~

Hugs,

#13 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Carleeta, just wondering what your reward will be today!

My yesterday's reward, bingo and a glass and a half of wine. Well won 50 dollars, that was ok! but should have stayed on one glass of wine, the other half had me feeling fidgety and crying. That must be the withdrawall acting up, will know better!

Gail...A winner at Bingo...Great...and a glass of wine to top it off...What a wonderful way to reward yourself!

#14 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

11:18 am..I'm rewarding myself today with a purchase to buy some very nice perfume..I deserve it...Each time I wear it..I'll remember how deserving I am to have it because..I am cymbalta free!

#15 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Thanks Liz. And Carleeta , please let us know on what perfume you chose.

I always paid a lot for a perfume, but can you imagine that I bought one for 3dollars, and it's the one I prefer!

#16 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Gail..lol lol..should I say I purchased "perfumes"..lol lol..I did purchase more than one...lol lol lol..Just couldn't resist it...

Oh Gail...I wish I could find a very less expensive perfume for myself although I haven't as of yet..Hopefully someday SOON I will.

The ones I purchased are: Versace pink, pajamlily, Pheromone, and Swavorski ...Definitely treated and rewarded myself..lol lol

I love to smell good as it makes me feel good. ...

#17 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Good for you Carleeta!  You will smell heavenly for quite some time! :D  Such a wonderful treat for you - and you earned it!

Keep up the good work and please keep us posted as to your future rewards to yourself!

Hugs and prayers,

#18 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

I rewarded myself today with a nice warm bath, then put my luxurious body cream on (feels wonderful Korea yogurt body cream)..I really needed this heavenly lift...Sprayed a bit of Pheromone Perfume. .In front of me and walked through it..Felt amazing and so feminine again...I feel alive and lifted...Just love rewarding myself...This is how I made it out the door today...

#19 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

2:50...The reward I gave myself today was nothing physical what so ever..I decided to help a long distant friend through her emotional and physical sensitivities with her husband's battle with lung cancer.. She lives with her husband in another state where there is no family what so ever....She's been his only caregiver up to this present time...All she hears from everyone is 'how strong she is'. I knew immediately how difficult those words are to swallow..I called her today and told her just the opposite. .She isn't strong enough to handle this battle, physically or mentally...After we talked..I knew exactly what she need and what I needed to do from a long distance. ..I called The American Cancer Society..Explained her struggles, and her daily duties of caregiver with no other family help..Not to my amazement..and yet to my suprise...They gave me two resources to contact which are all through volunteers..1. She will have someone pick up her husband and take him to his treatments...2nd. They will have someone go to their home and help with a few errands around the home and out of the home...Another program which might be available to her will be helping on part of the medical expenses which she and her husband just can't keep up with due to this illness..

What a feeling I received today from just a phone call I made...I was totally rewarded by this..Don't even know how to explain this feeling..It far beats any material thing I could have done for myself..

I feel so so so good!

#20 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Carleeta...What a wonderful thing you did for your friend!!  She is truly blessed to have you as her friend.  God bless you!

#21 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

I will pray for him.

#22 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Carleeta...What a wonderful thing you did for your friend!!  She is truly blessed to have you as her friend.  God bless you!

TryinginFL. .Thank you...I am also the luck one to have her as my friend. .We've been like sisters for 45 years. .even through our living distances...

#23 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

I will pray for him.

Fishinghat. ..Thank you very much for praying for him..

#24 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Carleeta, I will pray for your friends also! What a wonderful thing you did! Big hugs for you! It is a huge help UP for self when we can press forward to do something for someone else even though we don't "feel like doing"! God bless!  clara :)

#25 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Oh Carleeta, what can I add to that? as I already mentionned, you have a good soul, deep compassion,but  then, deep down, you already knew that!

#26 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

TryinginFL. .I appreciate your lovely comment to my post..It's always been my nature to help others out as it gives me a sense of comfort also..

#27 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Oh Carleeta, what can I add to that? as I already mentionned, you have a good soul, deep compassion,but  then, deep down, you already knew that!

Gail..What a nice compliment you extended to me..Helping others is truly what I love to do best..It takes me 'out' of myself and focus outward which seems to keep me from thinking about myself..It's funny how when I'm thinking of others I don't feel any symptoms or look for any...

#28 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

I rewarded myself today by starting my car from my remote..I totally deserve not to go outside today in this cold weather until I need to...I've enjoyed this wonderful reward to myself

#29 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Today I rewarded my self with buying a nice bottle of Pilot Gregio wine...I need to remind myself all things are possible...I am lliving in the possible today...Don't know when I will drink this wine..I might just stare at the bottle and remind myself of how far I have come..

#30 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

And today, my body rewarded me with getting up at 7am instead of 5 or 6am, and with good dreams.

Cats talking to me, many cats mouthing words, soothing. And no anxiety, Yeah! Yup, getting there, after months and months of waking in panic or anxiety, this morning is a blessing! That feels good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users