Photo

Rewarding Myself For Suffering Cymbalta Withdrawl.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

FiveNotions and Xman..lol lol lol..I'm never at a loss for words. Lol lol..I'm still in awe over this although I'm not sure I can do it..Don't feel I can at a time like this...Too much going on which I definitely can't stop or hold off..This I can postpone..Which is my thought right now..It's funny how public speaking doesn't bother me, being an agoraphobiac that is..

So it's just the honor I will indulge in...

Thank you all...

#62 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Carleeta-With all you have on your plate and navigating your way thru withdrawal effects of the big "C", it would be taking on a huge project...yes? And where is that darn remote when you need it LOLOL--I had to just throw that one in! :P :hug: :wub: 

The paper, yes the paper...

#63 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Carleeta-With all you have on your plate and navigating your way thru appreciate effects of the bigit would be taking on a huge project...yes? And where is that darn remote when you need it LOLOL--I had to just throw that one in! :P :hug: :wub: 
The paper, yes the paper...

Xman...lol lol. The remote was not rewarding todsy..lol lol..caused my battery to drain and the SUN wouldn't start..lol lol..Had to call Roadside Assistance. .need another reward for getting soaked bringing outside cleaning my car from the storm hitting us...Very messy outside. ..Rain mixed with snow..coming down hard and getting an inch or so an hour...Temp in the higher 30's so that's good..Just getting super super messy...This is NYS' s big Lion coming in and it will sure go out like a lamb...
Yes too much research and preparation for the speech..It's not a good time..I'm calling and sending out a letter of thankful appreciation, and regretfully unable to speak this year..I'm disappointed yet I need to decline regretfully. .

#64 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Carleeta....congratulations on your exceptional invitation!  I understand your thoughts that are keeping you from doing it, but aren't you proud! Another wonderful thing added to your life at this point when other things are not always as they should be...

You are so well on your way - keep up your good work and never stop trying :)  I know that all will be well in time - you are a warm, kind and giving person.  I am so happy to have met all of you helpful people on this awesome forum!

Hugs and Prayers,

Liz :hug:

#65 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

TryinginFL. .you are so very sweet...Yes I'm proud...so is my family..They know it's not me..declining anything...They understand my place right now...It's just such an honor to be asked..

So nice meeting you here also, TryinginFL. .How would we get through the awful times if it wasn't for the wonderful supporting members here...Each day is a plus...It's nice to know you are never ever alone. .

To everyone here...I thank you for finding something positive everyday even if it's just washing your face and brushing your teeth..

Just remember, everyone, it's because we've been 'too strong too long' that lead us to cymbalta. .Now after cymbalta we go back to 'strong'! Positive quote for us to remember!

#66 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Xman and FiveNotions. .You both are too kind. ..And both made me laugh..lol l o l

I all to we'll know, I stand by my culture of being Italian, having the gift of gab! Lol lol..Wouldn't want myself any other way. .

If you could only see my friends, family, and I together..Omg you would think you would be going through cymbalta withdrawl voter again with the head spins..lol lol...We are speaking Italian, english, cooking, sipping wine, yelling, our hands expressions, and who is doing what right...all at the same time....It's so high intense, comical, and full of love all rolled in one...It's a wonder how we just see this as a natural day...lol lol lol...

#67 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Carleeta, Congragulations on you Invitation!!! B)  

Also, thank you for reminding me to reward myself.  It's been a long time.  My favorite perfumes are Creeds 'Spring Flower'(Spring) and Chanel#5 (Winter/Fall).  I haven't worn them in a while, because DH is allergic.  I rewarded myself by smelling them this morning. The scent reminds me of who I was and can be again.

You will get more invitations and hopefully you will accept.  More people should hear from you :rolleyes:

clearglass

#68 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

I sure have laughed a lot this morning. Carleeta I know precisely what you mean :lol:LOLOLOL I have Italians around me (my extended family) and the gift of gab is appreciated! Esp. at family events!!

Thank you and this community of fine folks. :hug: 

#69 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Clearglass, what a great idea....I can't wear perfume anymore because my best friend hates it...and, because the ones I love are the "old fashioned" heavier scents....Bal a Versailles, Joy, and several others...but I know a perfume shop where I can get tiny little samples of some of them...I'm going to get there in the next few days and do so....then I can "sniff at will".....those are the smells I associate with my "golden age" in my thirties....a young, gorgeously dressed (and rather good looking if I don't say so myself") lawyer in DC....

Heheheh

#70 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

I laughed this morning, cried this evening...I felt in touch when I was having my tea reading your posts, much like EQWoman. Then reality took a few shots at me. My former neighbor, still good friend came over to tell me what happen at SXSW (South by Southwest Music festival) last night. He was there-is one of the all volunteer stage managers. And I think I have problems--what about the mother who lost her dtr. the one that lost her son and so on. YELLLLLLLINNNGGG

As I stood on my front porch talking to Jeff I noticed feathers around a bush where our mockingbirds lives. Lived. I am so down about that. This family of birds have been nesting here in what they thought was a safe place for 4 years only to be killed by a cat. Not sure if it was a feral or not.

I was up and then slammed face down. Muscle aches, GI upset. Going to try a hot bath. :(

And see! I put this in an inappropriate topic. Please forgive me.

One more rambling thought: those factories in India that FN shared w/us are evil--selling fake chemotherapy and other cancer medications, which usually run around $17,000. /month for breast CA. That is unforgivable.

#71 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Clearglass, Xman, FiveNotions. .I just love wearing my perfumes..I'm so glad I treated myself to them a while back...Chanel#5, is still going strong..Joy, oh yes yes that one I remember and it was so nice..

Xman...Being Italian is a lot of work..lol lol lol...Oh, I'm sorry you are sad this evening..I remember how I used to cry at sad movies when I was young...I know now when I cry I'm really no different than when I was younger..infact, I'm glad I have emotion back..I am saddened about the mockingbird also..

My reward today was taking my son and daughter - in - law out to dinner tonight. What a treat that was for me..

In actuality I'm rewarded each time I read a member post their reward on this thread....

#72 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

Gail, I try not to talk too much about "God stuff" here, as this isn't the place....but I am praying for all of us here every day...with special intentions for us as individuals as something is mentioned....

'Nuff said..... :-)

PS....how do I use emoticons like you guys do? I checked the "enable" box...where do I find them to insert them?

FiveNotions:

I don't speak of "God Stuff" much here on the forum but I am a Christian of the Methodist faith. What I like so much about this forum is that no matter what the religion/faith is, it really doesn't matter. We are all so supportive of one another. Whether it's sending positive thoughts, good wishes, healing vibes or prayers IMHO all that matters is that we are here for each other. To help each other through the journey of the hell of Cymbalta.

That's the way that I look at it. I am so glad that I found this forum. Very glad indeed! :hug:

#73 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

FiveNotions:

I don't speak of "God Stuff" much here on the forum but I am a Christian of the Methodist faith. What I like so much about this forum is that no matter what the religion/faith is, it really doesn't matter. Ppl are free to believe or not. We are all here for help to get off Cymbalta. We are all so supportive of one another.  Whether it's sending positive thoughts, good wishes, healing vibes or prayers IMHO all that matters is that we are here for each other. To help each other through the journey of the hell of Cymbalta.

That's the way that I look at it. I am so glad that I found this forum. Very glad indeed! :hug:

#74 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

xman....I feel so bad for you it is bringing tears again.  Such terrible news and then the poor birds...

I hope your hot bath has helped you to settle down some -

And...EW..I agree with you that it makes no difference regarding faith or anything else - I am a Lutheran myself - we all care and support each other - no matter what!  There are such wonderful and kind people on this forum that it is hard to believe when hearing the news around the world that such dear, supportive ppl really do exist - we have met them! :)

Hugs to all and good night!

#75 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

I rewarded myself today with a pat on the back..Anxiety and negative thinking of something happening to me was over ruled and I went out anyway...Yippeeee!!

#76 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

I am rewarding myself tomorrow. Weather permitting I am going fishing. YEA

#77 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

I am rewarding myself tomorrow. Weather permitting I am going fishing. YEA

Fishinghat. .Yippeee! Enjoy your fishing. .Too cold for us to fish up here right now (me excluded...lol lol). My niece loves it so much she moved up to the mountains right across from Creek just so she can fish...Don't forget Fishinghat to save the fish for the church...Such a great thing you and your wife do...Yippeeee. ..Let us know how many you catch tomorrow! This is a great reward. ..

#78 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

fishinghat - I hope that you have wonderful weather and catch many fish tomorrow! What a wonderful positive - I gather this is one of the things that you enjoy most in life! :)  Good luck to you... And may it be one of your better days! :D

Carleeta - Hooray for you - going out and biting the bullet!  Of course, you emerged looking lovely I am sure - So proud of you!

...and the shopping too - WOW!! I am beginning to think that you are WonderWoman!! :lol:

My positive for today was having my massage therapy which was very relaxing.  Other than that, this is not one of my better days - have needed both the Alprazolam and the Hydrocodone, but am looking forward to tomorrow.  I see my therapist and I have

lots to say!  :unsure:

My hugs and prayers to all,

#79 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

TryinginFL. .You are getting out yourself..It's ok to take your meds if you need to...I'm proud you left the house and went..Me Wonderwoman? Look at you...lol lol lol...When I get out I do like to stay out, one because of my anxiety and second our way too long winter...Too closed in....Don't like it...lol lol lol

#80 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Hi all!  I do have one positive for the day :)

I started exercising again - used my friend's stationary bike for 10 min - not much, I know, but I have to start slow since it's been too long :P  Today was a good day...

Hugs and prayers,

#81 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

TFL, that's awesome! If your body reacts the way mine has to the yoga for old farts, it will make you paaaay for today with stiffness and aching muscles tomorrow.... ;-)

You are officially on your way to being a "jockette" ......

Speaking of bicycles....the one my friend gave me is still "stationary" in my apartment....and I still owe EW that first ride in her honor.....it's been too darn cold ....at least that's my excuse.....

#82 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

FN....you crack me up!   Thanks - I really needed that! :lol:

Hope the bike stays "tuned up" as it waits inside for better weather :P  Let us know when you take that first ride!

....and, congratulations on sticking with the "old farts" yoga - hang in there!!

Hugs and prayers,

#83 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

TFL, I'm really starting to enjoy the yoga....and the other folks in the class as much as the exercise....but I'm still pissed at watching the 70-75 year olds doing the advanced gumby poses ...all sleek and sexy in their little yoga pants and skimpy tops.... and there I am in my baggy sweats....covering my baggy butt..... What's really funny is that they've sort of taken me under their collective wing, so to speak....I'm the "youngster" in the class and they do their best to look after me....

#84 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hmmm what should I reward myself with today? I had two choices..lol lol...It was either a facial or a pedi and mani...lol lol...It went for the facial...Great idea on my part. .lol lol...My face feels so relaxed and rid of dead cells...yippeeeee

#85 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Last evening as my pain abated and I felt some energy, I bagged some leaves, pulled a few weeds and took pictures of a couple of my dogs in the bluebonnets. :D :D As Clareeta puts it that a little bit today and a bigger tomorrow...we shall see about today. But I was just happy that I felt the energy to do this and God knows my furry ones were happy to be put in their posing positions and to be out w/o a leash. I must admit we are fortunate at this point with the weather being nice. I really need to go out and take it on and "dilly dally" around the neighborhood! :P

#86 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Xman...See! You weeded the other day and when you look at it today...Wow, your landscape and the bluebonnets must look beautiful today...yippeeee. ...Enjoy what you see...:)

#87 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Today, I rewarded myself with some nice body cream after my soothing bath... I'm still envious and achy but smell heavenly. ..

#88 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Well a definitely positive for me. I am computer capable and back with my friends here!!!

#89 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Well a definitely positive for me. I am computer capable and back with my friends here!!!

Fishinghat. .Yippeee. ..Great to hear you are computer capable and back here with us...You were truly missed....

#90 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

Rewarding myself with a nice long hot bath...My anxiety has been more than usual due to great stressor in my life beyond antidepressent withdrawl..It's been a wammie for me these last weeks...Needed this long hot bath as a reminder of how great I believe I've done through the withdrawal symptoms appearing more magnified at this point...This reward is simple enough and just what I needed...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users