Photo

Rewarding Myself For Suffering Cymbalta Withdrawl.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

Gail....how wonderful - waking up later with no anxiety and a pleasant dream!  YAY!!!  What a happy experience!!!

I hope that the rest of your day remains positive for you :)

Be kind to yourself...

Hugs and prayers,

Liz :hug:

#32 Leprechaun

Leprechaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida ; formerly Connecticut
  • why_joining:
    To learn from others that have been where I am now. Maybe someday I will be able to help someone else.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

Accentuate the positive. It shows the way to the end of the tunnel. Congratulations Carleeta!

#33 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Accentuate the positive. It shows the way to the end of the tunnel. Congratulations Carleeta!

Leprechaun. .Thank you..I just keep going forward as much as I can..Didn't drink the wine yet..lol lol..It's just a reminder of my journey through this challenge. ..Hope you are doing well...

#34 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Carleeta,  was wondering about the wine myself!

When time is right, you will enjoy it.

Day went so so, but never as worst as it was. Just reminding myself of the good waking up and those cats in my dreams.

#35 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Carleeta,  was wondering about the wine myself!

When time is right, you will enjoy it.

Day went so so, but never as worst as it was. Just reminding myself of the good waking up and those cats in my dreams.

Gail, it's so iconic you stated you could see yourself in me..I guess so! I must have sent you my cat purring away and chatting...I have a cat and at the moment she is being boarded until I move into my home next month..hmmm..My little cat is so active and talks all day long...Keep listening to the cats...sooooothing!

#36 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

I am rewarding myself today with watching Gravity..I'm ordering it now...

#37 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Uh oh, sounds like xman1 has started a trend....watching gravity....I'm not ready yet...but when I feel better and watch it, I'll count it as a "rite of passage"... Hehehehe

My reward for the day is a large Stouffer's lasagna dinner....first time in 3 days I've been able to have an appetite.....I bet you make a really really good lasagna, Carleeta!

#38 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Wow FN....enjoy that lasagna!!  Sounds wonderful... :)  I understand about the "no appetite" thing, unfortunately :(  That's a great treat for yourself!

Hugs,

#39 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Uh oh, sounds like xman1 has started a trend....watching gravity....I'm not ready yet...but when I feel better and watch it, I'll count it as a "rite of passage"... Hehehehe
My reward for the day is a large Stouffer's lasagna dinner....first time in 3 days I've been able to have an appetite.....I bet you make a really really good lasagna, Carleeta!

FiveNotions. .I would have to say I do make a good lasagna..lol lol..Only make it on Christmas though...Takes a lot of time to make as we Italians make it quite heavy and full..Since it takes time we make a very big restaurant tray full and it feeds a whole Italian family...But in Italy they don't make it at all..lol lol..Please enjoy your Lasagna. .I'm sure it's going to be great..Enjoy!

#40 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

I am praying. Miracles happen too!

Happy for Gail! You are all so wonderful-I feel the love you have for one another and it makes my heart warm. YES!!! my 1st happy thought in a long time.   XMan loves you guys/gals/cats  :wub:   Good night

#41 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Well I rewarded my self double tonight...I watched Gravity and The Counselor..Two rewards for me today because yesterday was a rough one for me...I did make it through and happy to reward myself...

#42 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

xman and Carleeta.....hello, xman - don't think we have met yet!  Welcome, and I can tell that you already feel the support and help coming from this forum :)  It is the best thing that has happened for me in a very long time.  (4 1/2 yrs of Cymbalta and Lyrica - coming off cold turkey)

So you had a good "movie night" Carleeta!  So happy you enjoyed yourself - a happy and well-deserved special time for you! :D

I am coming off a pretty bad week (really down and lots of weeping - week 7!) but woke up feeling good this am so know that I am again on the "up" side - YAY!!

I have many good thoughts and prayers for all of you - and remember to be good to yourself!

#43 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

TFL....hang in there....I'm finishing up week 12, and I still tear up at the drop of a hat...the weeping faded for me around week 8....you're almost there!

#44 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

I LOL'd at Carleeta starting the car via remote! Good one. I thought you guys in NY took taxi etc. Ah perhaps you do not live in "the city". ;)

I am wondering if I should order Versace Pink online.That is a most excellent point on the power of aroma therapy. I meant to talk to you guys about this and am happy to find this in discussion.

Carleeta has a heart of gold. What you did for that friend long distance was priceless, a most meaningful gift. Your halo shines all the way to Texas!!

#45 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

XMan, you just made me cry. A good cry, blame it on menopause, or sensitivity, or I dont know what! your words just hit a cord.

On that , let's keep praying for one another. Sorry if words seem out of place, I am french speaking,

And, yes, miracles do happen in due time, Thank you Xman, you have touched my soul and I wish that the road tou travel gets smoother and smoother,  See you around, you are a blessing, Gail

#46 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Gail, I try not to talk too much about "God stuff" here, as this isn't the place....but I am praying for all of us here every day...with special intentions for us as individuals as something is mentioned....

'Nuff said..... :-)

PS....how do I use emoticons like you guys do? I checked the "enable" box...where do I find them to insert them?

#47 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

gail, I hope the emotions are good, we?  Yes I looked back and you said a good cry. Now I am crying! And it really is good. :hug: That is a hug from me to you!!

FiveNotions, On my laptop the emocons are at the top, I click on the smiley face and the others show up at the bottom of the screen. Hover to discover their various meanings. Some of these I don't get, so I stick with what I know so as not to be a complete idoit!. :D

#48 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

xman and Carleeta.....hello, xman - don't think we have met yet!  Welcome, and I can tell that you already feel the support and help coming from this forum :)  It is the best thing that has happened for me in a very long time.  (4 1/2 yrs of Cymbalta and Lyrica - coming off cold turkey)

So you had a good "movie night" Carleeta!  So happy you enjoyed yourself - a happy and well-deserved special time for you! :D

I am coming off a pretty bad week (really down and lots of weeping - week 7!) but woke up feeling good this am so know that I am again on the "up" side - YAY!!

I have many good thoughts and prayers for all of you - and remember to be good to yourself!

TryinginFL. .I am so happy to hear you broke through and are having some up days..It's such good news..There are so many more of these good days ahead for you.

You are such a wonderful person and holding up strongly which I feel is now beginning to pay off..

My prayers to you!.

#49 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi Liz! A pleasure to meet you in this amazing community to which you attribute mucho good information. I have read many of your posts (tho have that darn problem with hitting the like quota...) and am lifted by you. Thank you for helping me and I hope you yourself are doing well!! Are you?

#50 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Xman..lol lol...My Halo my be shinning all the way to Texas..lol lol..My friends you to tell me I always had a Halo and I used to thank them and tell them..."The only thing that holds my Halo up is the horns underneath..lol lol..They laughed and laughed...I am no angel by no means...lol lol....Thank you for the compliment on helping my best friend..It was nothing but a few phone calls in a time of crisis for her and her husband. .It did feel rewarded though....

I live in Central New York State...lol lol...It's for sure if I was in the city I definitely would be taxing..lol lol..Nope I'm in the colder part..lol lol

Versace Pink has a very nice fragrance. .For me it's typical for spring and summer...I change my perfumes with the time of year..The only one I wear at anytime of the year is Pheromone by Marilyn Miglin...

Enjoy rewarding yourself for all you have gone through and for the bumps in the road...:)

#51 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

7:17 pm...Just rewarded myself with a peppermint chocolate covered cookie..and I don't even like chocolate and sweets...lol lol..It was so cool to the taste and chewy!

#52 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

I am LOL'g all thru your post Carleeta!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The horns--that's a good one. Somehow I doubt this...One more perfume question, if you can indulge me, is the Pheromone by Marilyn Miglin heavy? In my job I don't wear perfume, so I miss wearing it at other times...Thank you. Goodnight. I will be at work tomorrow and thinking of you ALL.

#53 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Gail...I will keep praying for others here no matter what their religious belief is..When I worked all of us were multicultural. .We had this thing about praying; our faiths were all different..We all agreed there was something we all prayed to which was way more powerful than ourselves...As we were accepting of our differences and our religious beliefs we all agreed to let each pray to their Higher Belief and thanked each other for the prayers...Me, of course, when asked to pray for someone...This is something I can't refuse..And if a prayer is needed from me I will not hesitate to say one..Ask away...If a prayer from someone helps you through a difficult time and it's leaving you with a positive sense of being or you feel rewarded by it..Then you have all the prayers from me...God Bless

#54 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Carleeta.....yummmm!!!! sounds so good~  keep rewarding yourself for all this nasty, painful work! ;) 

I also had a good chuckle about your starting your car by remote!  :)

Just curious - are you familiar with Hoosik Falls?  I have a friend who is from there...

Hugs,

#55 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

Gail, I try not to talk too much about "God stuff" here, as this isn't the place....but I am praying for all of us here every day...with special intentions for us as individuals as something is mentioned....
'Nuff said..... :-)
PS....how do I use emoticons like you guys do? I checked the "enable" box...where do I find them to insert them?

FiveNotions. .I use my phone to put posts on the forum...When I use the colon and thenthe right pparentheses it automatically comes out as a smile face...It's my phone and the keyboard keys I use to make my endings..Depends on the type of phone and it depends on your computer being enabled with emoticons..:)

#56 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

As I say GoodNight to you great people I also pray for you. Similar to Carleeta's belief -

Carleeta :BTW,  what did you think of Gravity??

I bet you missed your cat... :( 

Goodnight FiveNotions, TringinFL,  fishinghat, Carl, Carleeta, gail, Leprechlun LIZ?  I missed someone here now--forgive me. Working tomorrow....pray for me Carleeta? That I do the best thing for the people I care for.

HUGS,   XMan  :hug:

#57 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

9:12 pm...Rewarding myself by taking a walk back into a history lesson and going to watch Lincoln..This will be a nice relaxing evening and a wonderful way to unwind before I get my nights rest..I deserve this because I'm working very hard to get through any and all symptoms I deal with on a daily basis. .

#58 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Ok...I'm in thought and decision making mode..Many things are coming to light, which is a good thing..

As they are manifesting they are making me feel like they are rewards for myself.

As I take at least one of these manifestations they will be a reward without me physically doing a thing. Huh!

I'll just sit back and be handed these rewards..

One of which today I'll pick is: I've been chosen to speak at the University I attended, for the new inductees of the PSI CHI. National Honor Society of Psychology)
Yes this is an honor, I'm proud to say.

All I can think of was the day I was inducted and the speaker who delivered such a boaring, falling asleep, yawning type speech..lol lol..

Oh no, I couldn't possibly speak and provide nothing less than to make the inductees feel relaxed, alert, laugh, and enjoy..

This is a reward handed to me on a silver platter. .Now my decision to do is a different matter and will take much thought to my
present condition (agoraphobia) and a topic.

For today I will enjoy reading the letter of being chosen and asked to speak at honorable induction.

I'm so enjoying the piece of paper..lol lol...What a reward!

#59 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Carleeta said: I've been chosen to speak at the University I attended, for the new inductees of the PSI CHI. National Honor Society of Psychology)
Yes this is an honor, I'm proud to say.

Wow! I'm speechless ! (Pun intended...hehehe)

but seriously, this is huge...and it comes at a time like this in your life...getting off cymbalta and getting your life back....I'm thrilled for you!

#60 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

I am speechless too! What an honor!

I am so proud for you whether you give it or not. :D :hug: Speaks to the person you are, our Carleeta and an amazing person.

And if you do speak, I have a feeling it will not be boring!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users