Photo

Rage, Crying, Guilt, More Rage, More Crying, Guilt, Guilt, Guilt, Rage Still Lingering ….

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

I’ve had a really bad few days and many apologies in advance because this will probably be a long rant ….

Right now, I want to hurt one of my dogs.  He will not stop whining.  I put him outside, he still whines or barks or aggravates the living sh*t out of my poor other dog or starts destroying things.  Just now, I couldn’t figure out by the noise what he could possibly be destroying outside.  I get out there and he as pulled an entire bottom piece of the vinyl siding off of the house.  This is while I’m still dealing with the after effects/actions of my intense RAGE this weekend.

I will try to cut this down as much as possible but this is the only place where I can get it off my chest and know for sure that I am understood.

I had always been known as being and often told over and over again that I am, too nice.  I was the person that takes care of everyone else (financially, emotionally, you name it and I was there to help).  Avoided conflict at all costs and always found a better way to express disappointment, anger, etc.  Rarely lost it and even when I did, it was during PMS time and nothing compared to this.  Didn’t really love working out but did it faithfully to keep in shape.  Never really “loved” my job but still a good, hard-working employee for all those years.  Always independent, etc. etc. etc.  I don’t know who I am anymore and if I have one more dream about the way I was--long, thick curly hair (that I always preferred straightening hahaha), thin, happy to be alive, romantic, energetic, etc. etc. etc. and wake up to see 2/3 of my hair still gone, fat, feeling like blah, I fear that I will lose it for good!

Each day, I wake up and think that today is the day that I will work out again, finish cleaning the house, LEAVE the house and most days, it doesn’t happen.  Well, Friday (5/9) I woke up and felt alive for the first time in years.  I had no nausea/dizziness/vertigo and tons of energy.  I went nonstop until about 3:00 when I realized that I hadn’t eaten lunch or anything since 8:00.  I sat down to eat and exhaustion hit.  I took a nap and actually woke up refreshed this time.  I cleaned again for a few hours.  You would think that all day meant that I cleaned the entire house but as I hadn’t really cleaned anything in months, I only cleaned the dining room and bathroom – hahahhaha!  But, both rooms were deep-cleaned and not just picked up so it was an accomplishment.  I was having my parents over the next day for my mother’s b-day so even though my mother knows what I’ve been going thru, I still really wanted the house to be clean.  All week when I couldn’t do anything, I told my hubby and daughter that if I couldn’t get it done, I would need their help on Saturday.  Excuse me for a moment, I have to go kill my dog!

I had planned to wake up early Saturday and finish everything which I would have plenty of time for because even if I wasn’t feeling great, they would help me.  I woke up and everything was bad again--the vertigo being the worst it’s been.

I announced that I was definitely not going to be able to do this by myself and need help.  I sat down to eat some cereal hoping that filling my stomach would somehow help but of course, you all know that it didn’t.  Hubby ran out to the store at about 9:30 or so and at about 11:30, my daughter finally wakes up and says she’ll be right back.  I’m walking into things, dropping things but still forcing myself to keep going.  Next thing you know, it’s 1:30, I’m still alone and dinner is at 2:00.  I had managed to get most cleaning done and get some of the food in the oven but the kitchen was a nightmare.  I completely lost it.  My poor daughter was the first to walk through the door and we had a screaming match like you’ve never seen/heard.  Don’t get me wrong, I had absolutely every right to be angry with both of them but this raving lunatic was not me. 

Then, came the uncontrollable sobbing, hyperventilating, chest hurting so bad I thought my heart would pop out.  My poor daughter tried to hug me and kept telling me how to breathe and take sips of water but I kept screaming “we don’t have time, please just help me clean!!!!”  We managed to get rid of most of the clutter (by moving it into the spare room and shutting the door) but it still wasn’t clean by my standards so I was getting worse by the second.  I was shaking uncontrollably, sobbing but still going and going like the energizer bunny.  I notice it is 1:55 and the fact that they are usually early or on time and rarely ever late, puts me into a panic attack like I’ve only read about.  Clearly, if they walk in the door now, it’s the end of the world!  Honest to God, will someone PLEASE come shut my dog up so that I can finish a flipping thought and get this off my chest!!!??!!!!

Of course, I hear the front door open a few minutes later and it’s still not hubby so run sobbing into my bedroom.  I can’t find her b-day/mother’s day gifts or cards that I bought months ago.  I’m still in my pajamas, my hair is a mess, haven’t brushed my teeth yet and the KITCHEN IS A MESS!  I fall to the floor and cry so hard and loud that I’m still surprised that the neighbors didn’t call the police.  Meanwhile, my hubby still isn’t home and I notice a text that he sent at 1:33 -- he’s sorry that he lost track of time and will get home asap.  Here comes the RAGE!  I think to myself that I absolutely can’t leave my room feeling like this but I hear my mother talking to my daughter and I somehow manage to make myself stop sobbing.  I go out and apologize, explain a little bit of the day I’ve had and get a big hug and “no one really knows what you are going thru and how bad it really is but you.  They just don’t understand but I am here if you need me.  Just keep hugging me until you feel better.”  I hugged and cried for a long time.  I’m 47 years old and I still need a hug from my mother to make me feel better! ;)

Hubby runs in and starts vacuuming and then, washing the floors.  The only things I really needed him to do but at this point, it’s too late because they are already here!  I keep telling him that but he keeps doing it which starts to really piss me off!  I manage to make it thru the day with only a couple of more tears and pushing the rage back any time it starts to come up.  I never managed to get dressed but did brush my teeth but whatever.  My parents leave.  I think I’m fine and it’s over but this is nothing compared to what was to come.  I won’t go into more detail as this is much longer than I planned but the imminent RAGE was so severe my heart was pounding so hard, I swear you could see it – there was screaming or rather, screeching, throwing things, slamming doors, more screeching, more throwing things until I ran out of the house before I killed someone but not before screaming “The one time in my life that I’ve needed YOU to be here for ME and I’ve told you both over and over all week that I need you, I have NEVER felt so [bleeping] alone in my entire life!”.

I drove just around the corner to an empty parking lot as I was really too dizzy to be driving at all and lost it.  I stayed there for a while talking on the phone to my parents until my bladder couldn’t take it anymore and had to go home.  I thought I would be okay if I just went right into my room and avoided them but my daughter came in to check on me and tell me she’s worried about me and that ended in another screaming match.  Lucky for her, she didn’t come back in again.  I went down to take care of my poor bunnies that I’d neglected all day and then, came the depression, hopelessness, wanting to die.  I actually thought about killing my bunnies so they would be with me and then, myself.  What a horrible thought but in the end, that thought actually saved me because I could never imagine hurting them and like I’ve said before, I could never leave them.  They are my calm if that makes any sense.  I spent some extra QT with them and went up to my bedroom and finally decided to take an Ativan and was sleeping within minutes.

Next day (Mother’s Day) and still now, GUILT, GUILT, GUILT, GUILT especially after getting wonderful gifts and cards with words that definitely didn’t describe the person I was the day before!  I still believe I had every right to be angry but my actions and words were just, well, I don’t even have the words to describe.  With the exception of an hour or so here and there, I basically slept all day/night yesterday (luckily, slept thru most of the Bruins losing 4-0 last night – hahahaha!).  I hope that this never happens to me again but from what I’ve read on here, it probably will. 

If I do feel this coming on again and right now, it feels like it--especially if this bleeping dog doesn’t stop, should I just beat it before it begins and take an Ativan?  I don’t want to have to rely on something else but I really don’t want to end up on the news for strangling my dog or worse and regardless of how bad I feel, I do want to make it thru this so that I can at least see if the real me will be back again, you know?

Thanks for letting me rant and any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Oh GMI, yes dear one, I understand .... I went through horrid rages followed immediately by hysterical crying ... I even punched my dearest friend...Blessedly, a man, and much stronger than me ...and blessedly, he understood (as much as another human who has never been on one of these poisons can understand) ... also blessedly, I live alone ... with three cats, but they knew when to hide, and did so frequently! ;-)

.....first and foremost, do not hurt your beloved dog ... or any of your dogs or bunnies....if you need to, have a friend or family member take care of them, or the one who is currently driving you nuts .... animals pick up on our emotions ... and your beloved pooch may just be mirroring what you are experiencing ....

Also first and foremost.... these extreme emotions, extreme irrationality, the whole garbage pail of shit ... they aren't you,they aren't your soul, who You really Are ... they are chemicals, it's your poor brain and body trying to rid itself of Cymbalta and return itself to balance ...

This is temporary ... it will pass .... many/most of us here have gone through similar episodes....done dumb things, broken things, thrown things, screamed at loved ones ... yep, you're right on track and par for the course!

Your family loves you, and clearly understands what you're going through and wants to help you through it ... once the emotional tsunami subsides, each time it happens, do your best to turn to them and apologize, explain yet again that it's the withdrawal, and tell them how much you appreciate them and need them to stick with you during this process .... give them all the love and appreciation during your good times ... it will help them help you when it gets rough...

Also....you may have said, but I missed it .... do you have something you can take to ease these emotions? A benzo? If not, you may want to get some ... I'm not knowledgeable enough to make specific suggestions, but others here, especially FishingHat, will be able to help....

You are healing, this is part of the healing, and it will pass....I'm in my sixth month off the poison....the huge mood swings and episodes began fading around the third month....I still cry easily, and occasionally lose my temper needlessly....but the crying now feels good, therapeutic....and the anger I'm able to moderate ...

The whole damn thing sucks....and I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and hold your hand....

Keep in close touch with us....we really really care about you!

#3 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

Your dog felt your rage...or perhaps was just acting out for attention. Sometimes I feel this high stress and frustration. I don't know if it's rage or what but it is always counter-me :blink:

I wish you better days. It seems we are all in a race to feel better. It is a marathon...

Oh and ditto to the sage advice from FiveNotions!! Please don't hurt any living being. "This too shall pass".

#4 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

Thanks so much for your responses.  It ALWAYS helps to come here and of course the minute I posted, the wave of guilt hit like a truck for complaining about my dog who is a naturally nonstop, full of energy, hyper, trouble-maker dog (german shorthair) in constant need of something to do and attention and I know this!

The only thing that I have is Ativan which I rarely use and I have not been in contact with any of my doctors since I stopped taking crapalta (day 23 CT) so they don't even know that I stopped but I have no faith in doctors right now and just don't trust them.

#5 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Well, my own suggestion is to allow yourself to use the Ativan...that's what it's for ...your body needs rest and peace...and if Ativan is what it takes to settle the body down, so be it .... you aren't going to get addicted just by using it in times like this .... also, just giving yourself permission to use it may in itself give you a sense of security ... I have some benzos in a bottle....for "security" .... used the first on last Saturday ... had had them for months...use the Ativan, if not for your own sake, for that of your family and furry critters... :-)

Also, I understand how you feel about doctors and the med/pharma folks ... however, if you've got a doc who is even somewhat decent, my own thought is that it's time for you to tell him/her that you've quit the poison, and how hard this process is .... do not let them talk you into going back on Cymbalta...but the point is, the doc is part of your support network (to the extent the doc has a clue) ... it's you who is in charge of quitting, withdrawal and recovery .... the doc is necessary for things like Ativan Rxs ... ;-)

Do you have a therapist? Licensed clinical social worker, psychologist, etc, in addition to med doc? If not, perhaps it's time to get one? Having someone other than family and friends to talk to/yell at .... they can be good advocates with your med doc, too ....

#6 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

Gonnamakeit, I echo Fivenotions 100%! Everything she said is spot on in w/ds! Please don't be afraid to take the Ativan and if I may be so bold, take it when you feel the onset of the rage, etc. Absolutely nothing wrong with taking something to help you get through this hell! We've been there, done that and we understand and support you with all we have! You can and will beat this! Do, as FN said, find counsel for yourself and not a psychiatrist that is just going to medicate you with another snri! God bless dear one! Rant and vent, whatever you need to do here! abd BTW you are much more able to put it into words with a keyboard than I was at my worst times! Kudos to you for being able to do that!  Hugs and prayers for you, my friend!  

#7 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

Thanks so much, again, to all of you.  I took the Ativan and do feel much better.  I don't know if this is a leftover side effect paranoia or a new withdrawal paranoia but I just feel that if I go to any of the docs, they are just going to try to cover for themselves/each other, you know?

The doc that originally prescribed Cymbalta to me was my ADD med doc and is also a psychiatrist who unfortunately left the health facility that I belong to in August.  Although he is the one that originally gave it to me, I at least always felt that he cared and tried to help find solutions and maybe, eventually would have figured this out with me.  The doc that took over for him just seems to want me in and out with a new prescription and basically said there is no way med is causing this, keep taking it and good luck figuring out what's wrong with you.  I have a med check appt w/her next week and still have to go for my ADD med check but am dreading it ....

#8 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

GonnaMakeit .. You poor poor girl , ditto with all the above posts . I too had meltdowns just like you described but thankfully they have eased to an occasional feeling of anger ... I would say that you had every right to feel & act as you did , you asked for their help & they turned their back on you in your hour of need .
Being a mother of adult children , I imagine that your parents wouldn't have cared it your home was a shambles . They came to visit you not to judge your house keeping skills , but I'm guessing you know that now.
Yes yes yes, take a small dose of Ativan when you need it , that's what it's prescribed for . Getting off the Cymbalta is a very hard road so that's your priority for now , you can worry about the Ativan when you feel better.

Be gentle with yourself , you're right in the throes of withdrawel & I think you will find that after a good day of excitement & trying to catch up on many things that need doing we tend to overdo everything & therefore a bad day or days always follow our good days .
This seems to be a pattern for me as well ....
On good days I release an overload of adrenaline & then I come crashing down for a day or so ...
Everything in moderation my friend , you CAN & WILL come through this ..:-)

#9 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

GonnaMakeIt

You're gonna make it! FiveNotions is right on the money! 

For me, the RAGE preceded the TEARS. Allow yourself to wring out on the tears, and the light should appear at the end of the tunnel.

Your life is rich with family and innocent critters; you're needed. Take care.

#10 Jones

Jones

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Your post brought me to tears.
I relived my raging at my daughter, my abandonment, my rages, my murder/suicide thoughts, and then the shame.
Thankful you had bunnies.
You will have better days. You will

#11 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

GonnaMakeit....  My heart goes out to you as I, too, was brought to tears by your post.  I have now been off the poison for 4 months but still have bad days and much weeping.  I have 2 sons who both live on the west coast and do not understand what is going on here so I feel very much alone.  Thankfully I have 2 dogs and don't know what I would do without them.  You have some excellent support on this site - the above posts proving this and I agree with them 100 % !!

This is truly the trip to hell and I have both a therapist and MD dr. apt (one after the other) on Thurs. and am really dreading that as well.  My MD does not know what I have done going cold turkey and that involved Lyrica as well.  I am so damned tired of being medicated!!  I want to just be me - whatever that is, I no longer know.

I do take Alprazolam to get through the hard times - so thankful I have it!

Please take good care of yourself and we all care - keep us posted! :)

Hugs and Prayers to you,

Liz :hug:

#12 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

yeah, count me in on the tears in response to your post, GMI ... after I wrote that message to you I went to visit my friend in the nursing home ... and all afternoon I felt like what I wanted to do was curl up in my mother's lap, or my father's arms, and cry my heart out ... and have someone tell me "everything is okay," "you're safe" .... now that I'm home, I find the tears just welling up .... in a good way ...I guess I need to let out a lot of pent up emotions...not in the way I did during the hard part of withdrawal ...now it's that I'm seeing/facing the reality of what happened to me.... I feel so sad at all the time I've lost...the years ... to Cymbalta ....I guess you could call it grieving .... and I'm so angry...at the docs and med/pharma system that kept feeding the stuff to me...and more recently, denied the withdrawal part .... I know they didn't "intend" to do me harm .... but it happened at their hands....

Perhaps Kubler Ross's  five stages "stuff" is at work in me .... I'm no longer in denial...I'm grieving, I'm angry .... I'm sure not at full acceptance yet ....

frankly, we all deserve a good cry...and a warm hug....yay...."group hug" !  ;-)

#13 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

Right there with you FN on the regret, sense of loss, etc! I just have to work hard at not thinking about it! Not easy! Consider yourself hugged! We shall overcome!! :)

#14 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hugging in...

The time lost over powers me as well. Trying to stop the brain from over thinking and re-thinking etc. goes on and on. In trying to re-shaped the "landscape of the brain", I just wonder if it is possible after the crapalta...That is my negative side that I try to avoid. :~)

I agree with the friends above about the emotions in the words of her post and being able to relate on some level. I find it hard to write much anymore--use to be able to type up a page without difficulty...

TY to everyone here.   :hug:

#15 Jones

Jones

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

After a six day intensive search the body of a retired assistant chief of police in Dallas texas, under whom I used to work years ago, was found in a creek. Not much is published about this case except for this:

A lot of what happened remains unclear. Holliday was said to be depressed and grieving over the anniversary of his daughter’s death. News 8 also learned that Holliday was weaning himself off anti-depressants, inner battles that even a good friend didn’t know about.

I don't even have words to express the thoughts in my head.

Everyone who has come to this site please remain here and fight for your life. There are good intelligent supporting people here to help you.

#16 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Oh Jones, what a deep deep sorrow.....he might have held on to hope if he had a place like this for support....thoughts and prayers for him, his family, and you!

ThisMoment posted something yesterday that belongs here as well....

https://www.cymbalta...-about-suicide/

You know, maybe it's time I broke my public silence and begin to speak more openly about what the antidepressant withdrawal exp has been like, is like.....if just one other person hears it and needs to know he/she isn't alone, that the docs are wrong, and that there are forums like this one...then that may be one life saved....

#17 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

Around 30 million people on antidepressants. How are we ever going to get out of this mess?

#18 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

FH, breaks my heart thinking about all the people on these nasty killer drugs needlessly!

#19 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

All of the prior posts here make me want to cry!  How awful...

#20 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Around 30 million people on antidepressants. How are we ever going to get out of this mess?

There is no better argument for the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse, the walking dead!

But seriously-

Fishinghat, your question is profound indeed. I was thinking this will spread more; the number of persons on antidepressants has risen dramatically in the past 10 years. While I'm not totally a lefty from the perspective of economics, I'm leaning that way more and more. Laissez-faire capitalism (no government restrictions on trade; just leave it alone) might work fine for marketing widgets, however, a large can of worms is opened when a life-changing drug is the product.  Would government regulations help reduce the numbers on these drugs? Would government regulations favour the consumer or the corporation?

And if we agree that large corporations control government to a large extent- well, that's all you need to get the entire nation paying into the corporation. This no-rules economics is self-perpetuating because the pharmaceutical companies come to control government via the lobby and election campaign contributions. Who's really in charge?

The perfect storm.

Where's it going? Perhaps a large parcel of land (the size of Texas or similar) will have to be set aside to contain citizens that don't represent the norm- it's been done before: we might see words like, 'settlement', 'internment', 'occupied territory', 'refugee encampment', 'concentration camp', or 'reservation'- multiculturalism at its most sinister!

But the question is- which group will be contained, the medicated or the non-medicated?

#21 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

yeah, count me in on the tears in response to your post, GMI ... after I wrote that message to you I went to visit my friend in the nursing home ... and all afternoon I felt like what I wanted to do was curl up in my mother's lap, or my father's arms, and cry my heart out ... and have someone tell me "everything is okay," "you're safe" .... now that I'm home, I find the tears just welling up .... in a good way ...I guess I need to let out a lot of pent up emotions...not in the way I did during the hard part of withdrawal ...now it's that I'm seeing/facing the reality of what happened to me.... I feel so sad at all the time I've lost...the years ... to Cymbalta ....I guess you could call it grieving .... and I'm so angry...at the docs and med/pharma system that kept feeding the stuff to me...and more recently, denied the withdrawal part .... I know they didn't "intend" to do me harm .... but it happened at their hands....

Perhaps Kubler Ross's  five stages "stuff" is at work in me .... I'm no longer in denial...I'm grieving, I'm angry .... I'm sure not at full acceptance yet ....

frankly, we all deserve a good cry...and a warm hug....yay...."group hug" !  ;-)

I've used up my quotes of likes , but I like this post FNs ....

#22 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Good post this moment. It reminded me of something my therapist once said. She made the comment that over half of her female clients, on their first visit to her, they don't want to be there. They say they just want to take some magic pill and feel better. With that type of approach we will never break the cycle.

#23 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

Oh Jones, what a deep deep sorrow.....he might have held on to hope if he had a place like this for support....thoughts and prayers for him, his family, and you!

ThisMoment posted something yesterday that belongs here as well....

https://www.cymbalta...-about-suicide/

You know, maybe it's time I broke my public silence and begin to speak more openly about what the antidepressant withdrawal exp has been like, is like.....if just one other person hears it and needs to know he/she isn't alone, that the docs are wrong, and that there are forums like this one...then that may be one life saved....

Spreading the word has, in fact, helped save one person I do believe.  A long-time family friend who moved out of state and has played phone tag with my mother for about 5 years finally got in touch with each other.  After a long conversation and about to hang up, she asks Mum how we (siblings and myself) are all doing and at first, Mum was hesitant to go into everything that I've been going through but decided what the hell?  Her response was "do you believe in fate?" because the very next day she had an appointment and her doctor planned to put her on Crapalta.  She thanked my mother over and over again .....

#24 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

Wow, GMI, how wonderful!

We can't change big pharma, but we can reach out to other individuals....

#25 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

Jones

Oh dear, what a sad story. There but for the grace and compassion of the gentle people on this forum go I.

#26 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Like the Starfish story--we can make a difference one at a time. Maybe not for all the ppl -do what we can.

#27 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

Touché, my friends, TOUFLIPPINGCHÉ!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users