34 replies to this topic

#31 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

nu2this:

Naw, you are the hero here. I've been through this and now it is about you and the other members going through the really hard stuff.

If you have hives, try the Benadryl. Bless you, hive are the worst. I get them from nerves and GRAPES and nut. OK, I understand nerves and nuts....but serious, grapes. And not always. And I like grapes. :( So I eat grapes when I can take Benadryl which makes me tired. So, I eat grapes when I can take Benadryl and can nap. OFF TOPIC!!! Opps.

Keep teaching our children. I am so thankful for teachers. I hope you will be teaching my boys.

Houdi

#32 saunders917

saunders917

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on 120mg of cymbalta for 3 years,went from120 to 60 to 0 in last 4 weeks, also on 3 tabs of wellbutrin.These people sound like me, would like to contribute & learn what to expect, from real people.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

Junior,
I'm on day 22, no cymbalta, it still sucks. I'm doing what others have posted, but still have zaps, headaches, stomach issues and anger. Lots & lots of anger. Its like all the anger built up for the last 3 years. I'm still on 300mgs of Wellbutrin. The Wellbutrin was increased with the increase of Cymbalta, 120mgs. However, the Dr. never reduced the Wellbutrin. I think i'm having a seratonin yo-yo attack. To answer your question on my kids, i have 2 five yearolds with Down Syndrome. Best kids in the world, bar none. Its kind of ironic that the very thing that started me down the road to Cymbalta, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, & various abuses, is the main reason i choose to keep breathing & get better. I cannot or would not make it without them. Its also ironic that they are more intelligent than 11 out of 13 of my employees. Good luck on your withdrawal, i see your a couple of days behind me. Rob

#33 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hi again Rob

Yeah I'm behind you. I'm now on Day 14 and feeling pretty good overall. My natural sleeping pattern has returned (yayyyyyyyyy I can sleep!!!), my mood has stabilised although I'm more emotional than I have been for a long time. As I said to hubby, I think this is the REAL me emerging again, after so many yrs on antidepressants. The only thing still troubling me is the upper abdo pain. Had a gastroscopy on Friday - all clear. Dr wants to do a Colonoscopy as well. The only reason I'm agreeing to it (I HATE the prep drink and how you have to RUN to the loo URGENTLY when it starts to work!!!!), is because I'm due for one anyway. My bro, who is 2 yrs older than me (I'm 46), had bowel cancer at just 26. He is clear and has been for over 20 years, but they like to screen me every 3 years just in case. I wasn't sure from the start whether my pain was due to the withdrawal or not but I don't think it's a bad idea to get it checked out - just in case. Somehow I don't think the Colonoscopy is going to find anything though and if it doesn't, at least I'll know.

Glad to hear things are improving for you. I read something somewhere about the half life of Cymbalta being 5-6 days but while that's what they tell you, it's actually 5 1/2 times longer than that. If that is true, then Cymbalta remains in our system for about a month.

I know what you mean about your kids meaning everything to you. My son is 19 now and has come a long way. It's funny, he has a more caring nature than my husband! And a better personality :-p There are times when he is the only thing that keeps me going too. I'd be lost without him.

Just re-read your post. Did you get any counselling when you first found out about your kids? (I'm assuming at birth). I'm asking that because I know some Dr's put people on a/d's when they really need counselling to deal with how they feel. In fact, some of the anger you are feeling now might BE the anger that you needed to have dealt with in the past. Or it might not. I don't know what your method is for dealing with your emotions but I use writing. I just put pen to paper and write whatever is in my head. It's amazing how that can clarify things. Others need to talk to someone. Some like to 'pound the dirt' as it were. My point is emotional distress and the illness of depression are 2 different things entirely and need to be dealt with differently.

Keep up the good work :)

#34 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on various anti-depressents for the past 18 years, within the past 2 years I have found myself on 8 different medications. I am at the point in my life where I am ready to start thinking about having children, however, that is impossible with all that I am on.

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:26 PM

Going on week 4:
My emotions and dizziness are more in check, but I gotta tell you the damn hives are killing me! I've tried Benedryl, even was told to try Zyrtec, NOTHING works. Those of you that have had hives, how long did yours last? My students and their parents I'm sure think I must have some sort of disease. Off to scratch!

#35 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:02 AM

nu2this:

When my hives get too bad I have to go to the MD and get a steroid pack. The Benydryl only works if I catch the hives early and don't have a bad case. How miserable you MUST be! Yuck. People don't know how awful hives are unless they get them. Blahhhh! Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users