fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

No cole slaw for me thanks.

A bulging disc is the common name for a herniated disc.

Do not confuse a hernia )the intestines bulging through the abdominal wall( with a herniated disc ( a disc between two vertebrae bulging out and putting pressure on the spinal cord).  I must say that if the disc is bulging out (herniated disc) then it is usually a outpatient surgery with major pain relief right after the surgery. A walk in the park for someone like you Liz. Tough gal you are.

#9692 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:41 AM

Where are we

Liz, what's up with the MRI?

As for myself, they found a sub phrenic encapsulated collection! Which at this point causes enormous fatigue and variable pain.

In other words for us commun mortals, a post operation complication. An ugly bacteria set home under my diaphragm, multiplied, and contained in a capsule, got bigger and bigger.Ugly and powerful big guys. I will not check them out on internet, my heart will stop if I do!

So, echography and simultaneously a draining with a big fat seringe made from horses. Then, antibiotics, loads of that! Thanks to our private forum doctor, I finally understand what's going on! Just big ugly guys having a party inside of me!

#9693 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

we party

Just one big party.

#9694 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

Party poop....er

Mostly a poop...Party.These guys are quiet today, maybe they died from swallowing their own crap...Goodness, am I in for trouble!

#9695 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

er...ahhh

Agoraphobia symptoms when public speaking.

#9696 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

Ahhh hum!

Anxiety when your mind is going a 100 miles per hour and nothing makes sense, or everything makes sense and your mind is going to fast to make sense of what just made sense! Understand this Einstein?

#9697 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

hum bug

I resemble that remark, Gail.

#9698 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

bug bites

Hi all!

I am beginning to feel as if I am part of the human race again...

Was given 2 shots yesterday and 2 prescriptions - FINALLY A BIT OF RELIEF!!! :o

PS  I am with you on that anxiety description, Gail :wacko:

#9699 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:13 AM

Bites badly

Liz, any intervention to come for that disc?

I think that is three would make a great add for anxiety. We could get rich!

#9700 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

badly written

From what I have been told, the Prednisone and Naproxen should shrink the swollen part of the disc, as well as the shots (which I could not remember the names of to save my soul).  My insurance would not pay for the Naproxen so it would have cost me $76 !!!  I purchased the OTC brand and the cost was $5.59...

I can have more shots in a week if this is still hanging on.... :blink:

The pressure on the nerve is also causing pain and numbness in my right leg - this is the first Easter weekend that I have not been able to go to church - Prayers welcome :)

When will you finish up w/your problems, Gail?

#9701 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Written in French

Cortisone injections? Naproxen, just threw away a whole bottle of it! Can't use this as I have only one left. I pray that the coktail you are on fixes you up!

Problems? Me? A few weeks and it should be settled. Meanwhile, I live on Tylenol and hidromorphone. Being careful with the last one. Don't worry Einstein!

With all those ugly creatures living under my diaphragm, the fatigue is unbearable. Can't walk more than a few minutes, I'm generous here.

With all this going on, I forgot to mention that Lovely Max got here safely this morning. The ritual begins, he's sleeping at the moment. Fiesta tonite is in order. He sure took a liking to my boyfriend Sid, instant love! So, lots of excitement here.

#9702 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

french toast

Happy to hear that Max made it there OK...I know that he will lift your spirits :D

I am watching the Cubs' game - not able to do much else but we're winning...

Take care - all of you and enjoy your evening! ;) 

#9703 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Toast with butter

Just reread myself, I meant just one kidney left.

Max is sure entertaining. With his cigar and brandy. July of 2018, Ma ri Juana will be legalized in our country, it is for medical use at the moment, but it will be for recreational use. So, Max got the idea to try it, "no way" I said. I refuse to be responsible for what he might want to do under influence. Knowing him, he could want to take out his outfit and run all across town in the nude!

I explained to him that it will be legal to grow 4 plants, he got excited as I said to him that he could tend to the plants. They are beautiful plants, as for the rest, I will send them to our sweetheart. Free of charge Fisherman!

#9704 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

butter up

Ahhhh, no thanks Liz. I don't look good in pinstrips.

#9705 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

up there

That was Gail talking, not me FH!!! :unsure:

Gail, your description of Max running around in the nude just cracked me up!  I sure needed a laugh!

We only have medical down here too, but hope the other is coming soon :D

Just was called to play bridge on Mon., but had to turn them down - hopefully the next week :wacko:

#9706 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

There, where

Ok, since you are already lost Fisherman, I would hate for you to get worse with the stuff. I sure won't send it to you.

#9707 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

where is

my memory, Lost in space.  lol

#9708 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:13 AM

Is early

Going fishing? Is this why you get up so early to get the worms?

No bridge for you Liz, no work for me today! Too tired but I get paid just the same. Yeah!

Max is so happy about this, Sid and Max are in love. He forgot about Layla. A sloth and a capibara, I don't need to go to the movies. It's all happening live in front of me. I will talk about their massage trend another time. Crazy!

#9709 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

early worm

gets the bird.

Get up early? Worms? Fishing? HUH??

#9710 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

Worm bird

Well well, yes, the early bird gets the worm. FishingBrain gets up early, picks up the worms and goes fishing!

Now, to the joke of the day with Max the capibara and Sid the sloth. They get the idea to give themselves a relaxing massage. Goes like this:

Sid asks Max to put his underwear first. Max did not bring any. Sid doesn't wear that. They insist that I buy them underwear for massage purpose.

I explain to them that it's not necessary as they both have Sewed Up natural underwear and that they are born this way.

They check each other to see if it's true. The thing is that they see no stitches. So I say that they can't see the stitches because they are invisible.

Invisible, they say! Yep, invisible! And they ask what genius person can sew like this. Max says that it's probably Yves St Laurent. Sid says no way, must be someone from Gucci's.

I say that it's neither, and that it is a couturier, a very famous one that is known from all over the world. They both winked at me!

#9711 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

bird brain

Only God has that kind of sewing machine.

#9712 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

brain dead

Wow - too funny!!! :lol:

You should write children's stories, Gail!! :D

#9713 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Dead tired

Sid is hurt this morning. Max told him that he smelled funny(he does) and that his eyes were not placed at the right place. Max suggested that he see a cosmetic surgeon for that. Sid cried like a baby! Max looked him in one of his eyes, Max can't focus on both eyes, they are too far apart, and said that he would fix the smelly part later.

They got plans for today which I know nothing about yet!

#9714 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

tired pony

Sounds like its time for the car wash with the windows down.

#9715 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

pony ride

Hang on everyone!

Sometimes Max doesn't think before he speaks - I hope Sid has been consoled and all is well again :rolleyes:

Best day for me so far in 5 weeks - keeping fingers crossed.... :o

#9716 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

Ride safely

Good for you Liz! Yep, five weeks is like six months when we don't feel well.

Sid and Max are closer than ever. I guess that they had a good talk, apologies were made.
At the moment, Sid is the bath. Max made the "potion", added a teaspoon of javex, lavender plus the regular bubbles.

Since Sid has no bathrobe, Max let him have his spare one. By the way, Sid and Max share the same cigar. As far as the brandy goes, no way, to each their sniffer glass! Max insists, that's ok by me.

But, always a but, Max has got real difficulty dealing with Sid's eyes. I think that I have the perfect solution for this. Oh oh, got to go, a yellow bathrobe just passed by. Liz, was it you or Raven that bought it for Max?

#9717 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

safely  firstly

Tell Max that Sid's eyes are not too far apart but his head is too small.

#9718 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:42 AM

Firstly tried

I tried to relay your message to Max. Max got into a fit when I told him that this information came from you!!!! PTSD, he's not over this BBQ thing yet. Maybe a tiny dose of Zoloft to get him through this ordeal?

I got the idea to get Sid a bandana, like Zoro had to cover one eye so that Max can focus better. No more confusion! Max wants a black cape also.

#9719 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

tried once

But then he will look like Buck from the later Ice Age movies.

#9720 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

Once more

Oh no! No and no. Buck, awful grin with a good heart. I can't have Sid looking like this. Thanks for reminding me. I need a plan B.

You surprise me here FishingBrain, you know about the Ice Age movies? I found out about them only last year. Got hooked on Sid.

And come to think about it, Max will have to adapt. Sid's eyes are what gives him his charm.

You think that his protuding eyes could be caused by thyroid imbalance???Lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users