fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

more surprise

I am a big fan of Ice Age. Those movies sure are better than the ones where ever other word is *&(^%#. I can't wait until the next one comes out soon.

Actually in Sid's case it appears to be genetic exophthalmos. (one of my favorite words)

Type that in your search engine and look at the pictures. Amazing.

#9722 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

Where's my post?? In answer to yours? Lost.

Ok, checked that out. Exactly what Sid has. Malfunction of the thyroid. In his case, extra-exophthalmos.

I am pleasantly surprised that you enjoy those movies. I am waiting to see Collision Course. Of course, when Sid says " this is going to be the best last day on earth ever" something like this, that got my interest. Have you seen this one?

#9723 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

surprise NOT

Ok, I know that I am old and could be from another planet, but what the heck are Ice Age whatevers???? :o

Glad Sid and Max have patched things up :lol:

#9724 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

Not true

Hi Liz, don't worry, I got familiar with this just last year. Thanks to my brother. I will let the doc explain as I am not good at this.

That is where I met my lovely Sid. Search engine/ ice age Sid, images.

How are you doing today Liz?

#9725 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

NOT suprised

There is a series of 4 or 5 movies for children called Ice Age.... The heroes are a mammoth his wife, a sloth, a sabre tooth tiger and a pair of possums and they have adventures as they travel through the ice age. They run into dinosaurs, sea creatures, etc.  Ray Ramono does the lead voice of the mammoth. Good clean movie and you can watch it with one eye shut and still catch it. Good antianxiety movie.  lol

#9726 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:29 PM

surprised (and) happy

Thanks, FH!  I will have to check this out  - just what I need - something mindless :lol:

Still feeling pain and cannot see my own Dr. until next Wed :(

#9727 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:09 PM

more problems

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say hi and sorry for not being here much. I don't feel like I can even help myself much less be of use to anyone here right now.😔

#9728 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

Problems solved

Liz, I would like to keep Max for another week if it's ok with you. Sid doesn't want to part with him. They are planning their fiesta for tonite.

How are you doing?

#9729 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

solved mystery

That's great, Gail...

I do not know where I will end up at this point so I am happy that he is with you.  Pain is the same :(

I'm so happy that Max and Sid are having such a great time together! :lol: 

#9730 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Mystery mesenteries

Thanks Liz. The little guys are happy. At the moment, they are ironing their freshly washed bathrobe... Afterwards, Max will concuct a special bubble solution for Sid's bath, a bit of javex in it. He still smells a bit.

Oh that pain,as if anxiety wasn't enough!

Getting the drainage Tuesday, I can't wait. Abdominal pain is out of this world, doesn't react to the hydromorphone. At times, I feel that my last hour has arrived. Real lunatic also.

#9731 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

mesenteries stretch

Anticipation of relief for all three of you gals.

#9732 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

Stretch awfully

Relief! Living for that. While awaiting, off to bed.

#9733 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

awfully sad

Nite, Gail - at least it's almost over!  Raven - sorry things are so horrible! :(

FH - thanks so much for your kind words...

Bless you all

#9734 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

Sad enough

What about you Fisherman? With all our mess, being so preoccupied by our "pains", are you doing ok?

#9735 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

enough patience.

Actually not to bad. Doing the water titration to get of the Lorazepam and almost 2/3 done. Taking it easy so I don't have issues. The rest of my time is gardening and cutting grass.  lol

#9736 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

patience elusive

Gail, i'm guessing the hydromorphone is for your tooth pain? i hope that tuesday you get relief! i know that opiates can cause gastro distress. i've had docs prescribe hydrocodone for pain before. i take one and that's all i can handle. they end up expiring in the medicine drawer. actually i still have some almost 4 years old. i guess i'm supposed to take them to the pharmacy instead of throw them away?  i couldn't take them because they killed my gut and gave me an awful headache! pain from a pain killer! 

TFL, i am sorry that you are still struggling with pain as well, i hope that you can get the help and support you need - you as well Raven!

i try and check in on the weekends here - but not a lot of time available these days. when it is i'm too pooped to do much of anything.

dr. hat - glad to hear you're doing well! i like the idea of water titration, i've thought of that with the lamotrigine withdrawal if getting the smaller dose tablets ends up being too pricey. from what i understand the doses under 25 mg are brand name lamictal only. 

#9737 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

elusive symptoms

I love you guys so much❤

#9738 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

Symptoms relieved

Same here Raven. Glad for you lover boy. Hi Liz!

Brz, not for tooth, but post operation complication when they removed the kidney. A subphrenic abcess had developed and pain started in February. The drainage will take place Tuesday. as much as the hydromorphone messes with my gut, the pain is so great that I need them. Just walking to my car is difficult. I don't have to tell you that I get panicky at times.

#9739 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

relieved pain

Hey Brz, it is always good to see you. Here the City has certain days each year that they accept unused meds for disposal. No questions asked. But yes please take unused meds back to the pharmacy for disposal. I have read soooo many articles over the years about meds showing up in our waterways and drinking waters. Top 2 are pain meds and antidepressants. No surprise.

Hi Raven, Liz, Gail and anyone else I may have forgot.

#9740 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

Yes, you forgot our buddies, Sid and Max. Needless to say that Max was hurt. He's acting like a tough capibara, deep inside, he does love you!

#9741 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

Pain continues

Hey all! :hug:

Happy to "see" you, brz!!  My pain is herniated disc - seeing Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow so will see where that leads me....this will start 7th week - OUCH!!!!!

Hopefully my precious capybara is now himself again - I know he gets hurt easily... :rolleyes:0

Say 'hi' to Sid for me!

#9742 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

continues on

Tell Max I love him too (bbqed in my stomach, lol).

Tell Sid I really appreciate him as every time I look at him I realize I an NOT the ugliest thing in the world.

#9743 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

On you

Sid? Ugly? He's the most beautiful creature that I have seen. Which makes you quite handsome!

Counting the weeks Liz? I am counting two days more to be free of this stupid pain that no amount of painkillers can help. I don't care to go over 2 mg. Tylenol is like candy. Brandy is like water, hydromorphone is no more helpful. Hot tubs help, I can't stay in there all day! Max suggests that I put javex, he's got a thing with Javex. Sid no longer smells thanks to Max!

Tomorrow you will get answers, they will probably do what our doctor discussed, going in in the morning and out a few hours later. Wonder what complaints we will have when it's over?

Fishinghat, a cool picture of you with your leopard g string from last year, that would make us relax, don't you think?

#9744 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

You WHAT!!

What are you taking about? Leopard G string? I guess I am getting old. I don't remember that one. I remember me posting my picture with my belly hanging out and in a cheerleaders uniform.   Leopard G string huh?

#9745 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

what fun!

Yep, Gail, I hope we will both be much better in a couple of days..

FH, I am really sorry that I don't remember that picture! :lol:

#9746 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

Fun in the sun

Ah Fisherman, you were in your garden posing for us! A strawhat and a Pepsi in your hand!

I loved the cheerleader uniform. Can't remember the belly thing.

One more day, then relief. Liz, update us after your appointment.

#9747 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:41 PM

sun spots

Thanks, Gail - saw Dr. and he says I do not have herniated disc - have cyst that may have been there for years. And this causes pain how???  I am almost without pain now after 6 weeks and he said if it starts bothering me again I will need another MRI.  And this is an Orthopedic Dr.!!!  SHEESH!!!  I swear we have the worst medical treatment in the country here in FL :angry:

I am back to square one but at least no pain.  Have appt with GP on Wed and will see what she says - this is insanity :blink:

I wish you the best tomorrow, Gail and pray that you will pain free by the end of tomorrow :hug:

#9748 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Spots undetected

Liz, I am surprised by this. A few weeks back, it showed an herniated disc between the third and fourth vertebrae. A cysts grows and pushes on the other organs, nerves whatever.

With ultrasound and MRI done, and now orthopedic doctor saying another thing. I do believe that I am lost also.

Drainage done here, what a day. They installed a drain in my back, as the stuff is too thick. With a pouch to collect the stuff that is wrapped around my leg. Beautiful sight. Tomorrow am, seeing the urologist to discuss what measures will be done next. Nurse coming by every day to clean the area or whatever. Plus maybe a biopsy results.

Have you seen FishingBrain?

#9749 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

Yes Gail, I just saw him drive by!!

Well if the drainage is thick and they had to install a bag then it was not just water like the one dr said and sounds more like an encapsulated cyst like the other one said. Lab tests should be back in a few days. Are you on antibiotics.

As far as the herniated disc... drs. It should be easy to detect on an MRI. Usually not much discussion about what is going on but this is medicine. It is not like it is a science or something (He sad sarcastically).

#9750 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:49 PM

undetected escape

gail, it sounds uncomfortable but i hope the worst is over - the pain! where i saw  your reference to an abscess i immediately thought "tooth" d'oh! i am so sorry for what you've been through.

"I am almost without pain now after 6 weeks " TFL, that's a good start! happy to hear that although i can understand your disappointment over not knowing what is happening - yet.

btw gail, my french-canadian husband and my latino french-canadian (yes, that is correct) co worker have been talking about growing up eating tire sur la neige as kids . i am guessing that was a treat for you too? i now want to shave ice and drizzle maple syrup over it to make the maple taffy! 

dr hat - sometimes i wonder how much science is involved in how medicine is "practiced" these days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users