#12631 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

trip advisor

probably delays on the M25 (freeway) - it is always awful traffic on a Friday night :)

#12632 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:52 PM

advisor role!

Liz and Gail!!! I have some news!!..................MAX has arrived!! IN BOOTS AND HIS COAT!!! So cute!!

They stopped for some burgers on the trip! The pilot is on his way back to you Gail!

I had a burger ready for him when he arrived! 

He right next to me! Wow he sure has good manners!! Well done Liz! 

We get on GREAT! What a nice guy! We already had some cuddles!! 

I will keep you updated!! 

#12633 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:11 AM

What a relief, at last, Max is home in England.

When are you leaving for the country? Will you bring Max along? The jet is parked at Liz. It's ok, the pilot knew about this.

Liz, can I have him next? Thank you!
  • LDN likes this

#12634 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:43 AM

role played

Dear LDN,

I'm so happy that MAX arrived and I'm sure he was happy with all those burgers  :D

Yes, he is a great on cuddling and now that he has been buffed, brushed and fluffed, I'm sure he is feeling extremely loving!

Gail, I'm sure that he would love to visit you next, as he has missed you terribly :hug:

Please keep us posted on your activities, LDN - oh, and did he have his cigar and brandy last nite?  

• LDN likes this

#12635 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:32 PM

played games

- I am confused! I need to stop in here more often!

#12636 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:56 PM

games console

Dear Liz, 

Last night I got Max a nice bath and we got out some brandy and a cigar!! MAX was in heaven!! 

Today he has met my family - what a polite and charming guy!! My family all love him!! 

We went on a walk around some streets - which was fun! He saw some dogs but wasn't scared! He had his boots on and his coat!

He sat at dinner with us, such a interesting conversation!! 

Gail he said he can't wait to see you!!! He really misses you as Liz says!

He had steak and chips tonight and I think he really enjoyed that! My mum had got some best quality steak!!

Oh and lots of cuddles!!! He really is a great cuddler!!!!

Gail MAX wants to see the English countryside so he will come - plus he can meet my cat as well!! 

I will you guys updated!! 

Oh and Liz MAX says to say that he loves you very much!!!!

#12637 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:26 AM

console radio

LDN, sounds as tho MAX is having the time of his life - bath, excellent food, walks :D

I'm happy that your family likes him as he is such a loveable creature!!

I am sorry that you are having so much physical trouble at this time but maybe MAX and his cuddles help... 

Thanks so much for taking such good care of him - and isn't he a hoot with his brandy and cigar!! :P

• LDN likes this

#12638 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:54 PM

radio gaga

Good grief. That cigar must have been Cuban... I could smell it all the way down here near the coast :)

#12639 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:57 PM

gaga queen 

Dear Liz, 

Another amazing day with MAX!! 

Today was the trip to the country! He cuddled with me on the journey and we drove past stonehenge - one of the most famous tourist spots in England!! He loved that!! 

We stopped on the trip so he could stretch his legs!! Got him a doughnut!! 

Then we arrived and I showed him around my country house! He met my cat and they are having a ball together!!! 

I am LOVING having him!!! He is helping me A LOT with his cuddles!! 

Oh wow with the brandy and cigars he is was such fun!!! He sure knows how to have enjoy himself!! 

Again he tells me to say how much he loves you!! 

#12640 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:19 AM

Queen king

What a beautiful update.thats my Max. Lovable, cute, whatcha for the skunks, he fell in love with one last year,but she lived to far.

Do not mention the word MISSOURI. I THINK THAT THEY MADE UP. It's Xmas time, come on guys!

Thank you Liz for letting have him for New year's. The cuddling continue.

#12641 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:35 AM

king size

I'ts wonderful that Max is having such fun!  And a doughnut!!  Many thanks, LDN!

I have always wanted to see Stonehenge myself so I'm sure that was quite a treat for him :D

Are you sure you want to keep him over Christmas?  If so, he can go straight to Gail's for New Year's..

I know how much his cuddles help when you are not feeling well - I'm happy that he can help!

My prayers that you will be feeling better soon, LDN! :hug: 

PS  Be sure to tell Max that I love him too and I miss him! 

#12642 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:05 AM

size guide

Stonehenge is just one of many stone circles in the West of England - but is the only one that has been properly taken over by the Heritage trust. It is good as they make a lot of charitable money from it - I think it is about £10 admission and there is limited maintenance for the area. The nice thing is that they still close public access during the Pagan holidays and allow the druids to perform their rituals at these times... after all, it was theirs first!!

But if you are ever this way, make sure to look up all the other sites as there are so much more beautiful ones to see - Stonehenge just has the monopoly on it all because of the documented history.

#12643 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

Here you go Liz... one of the largest stone circles created... just outside of Glastonbury...

https://ibb.co/QjrGYjy

Wonderful getaway that was too... West country folk are soooo relaxed!! 

#12644 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

guide knowledgeable

Thanks, IUN!

I recently saw a special on TV that mentioned all the different stone circles in England and I found it fascinating!!  That would make the perfect tour for me! :)

• LDN likes this

#12645 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 11:44 PM

knowledgable person 

Dear Liz, 

I would love to have him for Christmas but only if that is fine with you! 

Oh wow he was so excited to see Stonehenge!! He will tell you all about it when he gets home!! 

So today another great day! We went on a country walk!! So his boots came in handy! He got his coat on as well and we visited the sheep in the field! He said hello and introduced himself with great manners to all 6 of them! Then we got back in and I gave him a bath for a treat after he had done such a good walk! Then he chilled for a bit. Then my brother and sister arrived and he went and chatted with them! He had met them in London already. We had some chicken tonight! 

Him and the cat are great friends now as well!! So I have cuddles from all directions at the moment!! 

Gail we don't have skunks here but do have badgers?? Could he fall in love with one of them? 

Thanks so much for your prayers, that means a huge amount! We have a tiny, little chapel in the house here, a small room with an altar, a matt to kneel, my parents made it when we bought the house! 

Also where I am is near a lot of the stone circles! The church in my village is 800 years old and a saint lived next to it! Saint Hugh of Lincoln! This is a very old part of England! 

I showed MAX the church from the field earlier!! He sure will have a lot to tell you!! 

He says he misses you and loves you SO SO MUCH!! 

All the best Liz! 

#12646 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:52 PM

person loveable

LDN, It is certainly fine that MAX stay w you over Christmas as long as you and your family are enjoying him!

I like the idea of the chapel in your home and imagine - an 800 yr old church nearby!!  I sure would love to see that!

I'm so proud of MAX for minding his manners and bringing joy to all of you - he was raised well! ;)

Wishing you all a Merry and Blessed Christmas - my oldest son from Seattle is here visiting and we are going to the Candle lighting Service tonite after our typical Swedish Christmas Eve dinner :D

• LDN likes this

#12647 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 December 2019 - 03:21 PM

lovable capybara

"...after our typical Swedish Christmas Eve dinner" - Roasted Capybara?

Merry Christmas to all.

#12648 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 December 2019 - 04:00 PM

capybara crumble

That's for desert! :D :D :D

Wishing y'all a very Merry Christmas from the UK. My warmest regards to my wonderful family and may you all be blessed at this time as we remember the greatest gift to mankind.

#12649 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 11:45 PM

crumble recipe

Dear Liz, 

A big Happy Christmas to you from me and MAX!!!! 

He had tears in his eyes earlier telling me about you and how much he loves you!! 

You have brought him up very very well I must say!!! 

I hope you had a lovely service tonight and also hope you had a lovely dinner!! Swedish - is that your ancestry? 

Me and my family are so happy to share such a special time of the year with MAX!!! It has been an honour to have him! 

Will update you tomorrow of our day!! 

MAX sends lots and lots of love!!!

#12650 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:14 AM

recipe book

So here is the big day. I would like to spare a thought for all those people who are alone today and really feeling the pressure of the holiday. For the emergency services and mental health services that so wonderfully bring the expertise to these people. We have all been in these dark times and the sad reality is that there are still plenty out there. My request for today is that we spare a thought and a prayer for these poor souls... that they might find light in their solitude of darkness... to have their eyes opened, if but for a few moments, to the love that comes from the Father.

Again, a joyous day to you all.

IUN

#12651 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:22 AM

Book of love

Very nice post Scrat. Thank you. We are so many going through mental illness.

#12652 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:34 AM

love is Christ

Merry Christmas all. The next year should bring relief to a lot of our family that is suffering right now. may God bless you all.

#12653 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:59 PM

Christ lives

Merry Christmas all!! :D

The service last nite was beautiful and it is then that I really feel it is Christmas...

Yes, LDN, my grandparents on my mother's side came from Sweden and my father's parents came from Germany.  All my life we celebrated Christmas the Swedish way and I try to keep up the tradition!

I'm so happy that you are all enjoying MAX!

My prayers for all, :hug: 

Liz 

#12654 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:39 PM

Lives always

Liz, of what consists THE SWEEDISH WAY? Thank you and im happy that your son is there for you! Love you Liz?!

#12655 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:04 PM

always here

Gail, we eat Swedish food on Christmas Eve - Swedish meatballs, Swedish cheese and Wasa Bread, lingonberries, pickled herring, boiled potatoes w/dill and a Swedish dessert made from rice and milk and eaten w/cinnamon and sugar....

May not sound very interesting to most of you, but this has been our Christmas Eve supper all my life!

Prayers for you as always, my dear friend, :hug: 

Liz 

#12656 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

here again 

A very very happy Christmas to Liz, Gail, IUN, fishinghat and all the family on here!! 

IUN that was a really beautiful post! Thank you for that! 

Fishinghat - Love is Christ - so true! Thank you for that!

Liz, I have been to both Germany and Sweden!!! I went to Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, as my godfather lives there! It is such a beautiful city! The city is right by the water! I have been to Germany twice I think, to the north to stay with a friend and then for my Lyme treatment in Bavaria, in the south. In Bavaria was near the mountains, it was lovely! 

That meal sounds wonderful! That is so nice you have that tradition! 

So we had a great day with MAX!! He loved the turkey and the brussels sprouts. Plus he enjoyed the Christmas pudding as well!!! 

I know it isn't Friday but since it was Christmas he had a little brandy as well! I hope that is ok!!!

So let me know the details of how he will get to Gail for new year! Here in the country there is plenty of space for the pilot and his plane!!! 

#12657 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:36 AM

again soon

So there it is for another year. Despite being a really miserable one today with my mood being tried, I think back to this time last year and see just how much of a difference there has been. I am thinking about this time of year from January to December, but I should really get on board with this acceptance. It is never an easy time.

Speaking of which, when I read the posts here, I find so much courage. My thoughts to all of you who are dealing with the throws of withdrawal at the same time this year - Polly, Mxpro, Lovey, Lyla, Frog, Driven and more. Proud of you all for sticking with it. 

...and with over 60 posts in those 24 hours, it shows how important the forum is at these times. So here's to Hat, Gailage, Liz, LDN, Kathy and all who keep it all going! 

God Bless you all.

#12658 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:48 AM

London, would you mind if I took Max for New year's Eve? Like next Tuesday?

If so, you have the pilot's number and you could arrange it yourself? Just hope that he's free. From your place to mine? Thank you love!

#12659 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:55 AM

soon gone

LDN, I was in Sweden for a month when I was 10 - we have many relatives there !!  I went back again 20 some years later - when I was a child I learned to swim in the Baltic Sea!

I came home speaking fluent Swedish! :)  

Yes, it is a beatiful country! 

I was only in Germany to change planes and we never kept up with relatives there, tho I am sure that we have some there as well... 

I'm sure MAX is delighted to go to Gail's for New Years - what a delightful holiday season he has had!

Thank you so much for taking good care of him :D

• LDN likes this

#12660 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:05 PM

Gone away

Depression go away soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)