#31 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Go to Cymbalta Lawsuit News. Access the bottom (4th) entry (Note from Knox Ricksen). You will find contact info there.

#32 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Labreesiana,

Thanks for the update! You seem to know what you are doing by taking a pause at 20mg. Stabilizing before going down, good move!

Keep us posted. And, as they say, listen to your body, which you seem to be doing, best wishes!

#33 Ericak

Ericak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWestern Colorado
  • why_joining:
    72+ hours of gruesome cymbalta withdrawl.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

Hi I'm sorry you've got all that pain stuff. I've got lupus, RA, AS, and hemiplegic migraines. I've been taking meds on and off since I was 7 years old (55 now) and this is the absolute worse detox I've ever experienced. Sheesh! I'm really thinking that this drug was invented to cause severe addiction. I'm not even kidding.

#34 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

Awww Erica...

I'm so sorry to hear of all of your physical problems.  I have fibro and arthritis and am currently in more pain than before I ever took that poison drug.  I was on it for over 4 years (for depression) and dove off cold turkey in Jan. of 2014 along with cold turkey off of Lyrica as well.  I feel that I lost all of last year to withdrawal and it wasn't pretty!  You do not want to do this!

Please be patient and wait for ThisMoment - he can help you and always shares a great amount of knowledge regarding this whole withdrawal and weaning...

I don't want to scare you, but this is harder for those of us over 50 and who have been on the crap for a relatively long time.  This is why the slow weaning is so important.  Does it matter if it takes several months to get off this poison as long as you are not suffering with terrible withdrawal?

We really want to help you - please trust us!

Liz

#35 Ericak

Ericak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

Thanks Liz,

No I guess it's not so bad really. Weaning off and preferable to feeling like this for much longer.

I've spent my whole life going on and off of narcotics and steroids, so this has really shocked me.

So this is how I've figured it out. There are 185 beads in each capsule, which is about 6 months if I reduce over that period of time.

Ugh I hate the idea of restarting that nasty stuff.

My health issues seem worse "in writing" than they actually are.
I've got a pretty fun thread on fitness on kickas.org if you're interested in trolling for some other pain wisdom.

Thanks for your answer!

#36 Ericak

Ericak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

We really want to help you - please trust us!

Liz

PS I do! I've gotten way more useful info from peers than MDs mean if I reduce one bead per day.E a in my life. If I'd done what they told meI'd be in a wheelchair.

#37 Labreesiana

Labreesiana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hi Friends,

Update. Shaking like crazy and trying to type. I am down to 10 mg, and have had serious side effects! I guess no matter how slow you come off of this poison you can't escape it's wicked venum. I am having SEVERE side effects. I even landed in the hospital from Super cronic diahrea. I have had diahrea for a month and now its trying to even out but the electric shock in my head is bad and I feel like my insides are shaking, litteraly. Can't wait to get off for good. I am hanging in there and trying to stay strong. 8 years of taking this crap and i am not going up on my dosage to feel better. I will just wade through the hurricane for now. God Bless you all for listening and for having a place for us to go that we can pour our hearts out with no judgement :)

#38 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

Labreesiana,

I'm so sorry about your hospital experience - it sounds horrible!  I certainly hope that you have not been dropping too quickly.  Please stay where you are now until you are stable.  The last few mgs are indeed the hardest.

It really doesn't matter how long you need to stay where you are....I know that your withdrawal is bad and you need to try to feel better before dropping again.

I wish you the best and please take good care of yourself - remember to listen to your body - it will guide you!  We are here for you whenever you need us.

Liz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users