#361 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

I can't help w/the weaning since I did not do that, but during w/d I was taking 2mg Alprazolam daily.

Unfortunately the anxiety continued for 1 1/2 yrs but now is only occasionally

#362 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

It is alltough I can't think anymore... my head is completely stuck!

#363 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

I would say either the Zoloft dose is too low to help or it isn't working.

Therapeutic levels are a separate thing from withdrawal. In other words you are not getting any 'good' out of the Cymbalta right now but further drop would increase your withdrawal.

Swings in symptoms are very common with Cymbalta withdrawal.

If you are having these kinds of swings then the Zoloft is either not doing you any good or the dose needs to be raised. If these effects were due to the side effect of Zoloft they would not have major swings but be rather steady in occurrence. Side effects would be more noticeable about 2 hours after taking the Zoloft and slowly decrease as the day goes on

I would NOT recommend going to zero on the Cymbalta. The resulting withdrawal could be a lot worse. If anything you might go back up a little and see if you get some relief. If you do then these symptoms are from Cymbalta withdrawal and if not then I would be concerned about Zoloft side effects..

#364 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

Is 100mg Zoloft not enough you think? I'm now at 9mg cymbalta... raise to ???

#365 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

I raised it to 15mg just now. Lets hope and pray.

#366 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

That's a good dosage and you should have some answers about if this is C withdrawal related in 24 hours.

For some 50 mg of Zoloft is enough, for others 150 mg.  I know of many cases that have fallen in that range by members of this site.

Right now I would stay at the 15 mg of Cymbalta and on your current does of Zoloft (24 hours) until we see if the extra Cymbalta helps.

#367 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

I took 15mg this evening and half of clonazepam and I'm pretty STABLE now. Lets see what tomorrow will give.

If that's the case, I will lower 1mg a week in stead of 1mg a day.

#368 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

This morning I took my 100mg Zoloft and I'm pretty stable. My emotional thoughts are a bit a roller coaster... Is that the C or the Z FH?

#369 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

The C I would imagine. That is a classic C withdrawal symptom.

#370 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Then I will stabilize on 15mg for a week and lower with 1mg a week from now on. Good plan FH?

#371 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

That sounds nice and slow. If at the end of your week on 15 mg you still are suffering some you can always wait a few more days to finish settling down. It is better to start from a point of strength to take on new battles.

#372 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:50 AM

Completely agree on that one for sure and now it's completely clear that I have to go very slow. So 1mg is a nice and slow plan to me.

Thanks for your support FH, I really appreciate it!

#373 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Out of curiosity, how many beads to make 1mg HTSP? You

Your capsule is 20 or 30mg?

And, instead of cutting 1mg a week in one shot, wouldn't be better to cut everyday a small portion so it adds up to around 1mg per week?

Always wondered about that!

#374 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

About 10 beads is 1mg. So now I'm on 150, beads and will lower with 10 a week. I can lower 2 beads a day... Is that better?

#375 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

I agree with Gail. A little bit each day is less of a shock to the system. Do the 2 beads a day and if that gets a little too much then you can try alternating 1 bead one day and 2 the next. Most don't do too bad on 2 beads a day.

#376 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

Sharp headache now... is it a withdrawal signal FH? I think I have to stay on this 15mg till stabilizing or go again to 20mg?!

For now I take 2x half of a clonazepam to function because it's helltime again

#377 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

I think I'm going back to my 20mg cymbalta and lower my Z to 75mg in stead of 100mg.

Back then I was reasonable okay. What do you think FH?

#378 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

Too many changes too fast. These are nerves you are taking about. They heal very slowly. They take weeks to readapt. At least stay at a dose for 4 or 5 days before changing anything. It is common, even expected for your symptoms to swing even on a steady dose plus I would hate to see you lose what ground you have gained.

Dropping the Z to 75 only adds another variable. It has its own withdrawal so that could complicate matters even more.

Your choice but I just wanted to mention the down side.

#379 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

I was stable on 75mg Z and 20mg C and this morning I woke and said to myself, this has to stop because I can't take it anymore. (almost suicidal thoughts)

#380 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

I think it is time to go see your dr HTSP. Be honest with him/her about the dose changes and what you have tried. Maybe the dr can help. I wouldn't be surprised if he put you back on your original dose of Cymbalta for a month and started fresh.

#381 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

I have made an appointment next thursday. Untill then I will lift the C up to 20mg. It's not dangerous I think?

#382 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

Not dangerous.

I am sorry to be blunt but your are sensitive to the withdrawal (as many are) and you must realize that you will suffer. Probably badly. The bead counting helps but you will still suffer. Many on here have taken 6 months or more, suffered, lost jobs and relationships. Luckily that is unusual but it does happen. The bead counting, Benadryl, melatonin, Vit C, Omega 3 and hydration are things we recommend but they have only limited effect. You will still suffer but a little less. The only choices are cross tapering to another antiD and even then you will suffer during the cross taper as it takes weeks for things to kick in.

Options are clonidine, hydroxyzine or benzos (addictive) to handle most of the symptoms (but probably not all). Your symptoms seem rather typical for a slow withdrawal. Many are far worse even at a very slow pace.  I know it is really toiugh and qualityof life is important. Only you can decide when ebough is enough but if you are shooting for tolerable during the withdrawal you probably won't get it, I wish I new the answer to that problem. Your best shot is a benzo (they kick in after an hour or so. Your Clonazepam is a benzo. You may have to take 2 or 3 mg per day to handle the withdrawal and then after you come off the C you will have a year or two to wean off the Clonazepam. Which can be done with little withdrawal but it takes a long time. The benzos also have a lot of side effects also. A dose large enough to handle the Cymbalta withdrawal can cause dizziness, low blood pressure, poor cognitive function and apathy. The choices are not good.

#383 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

I Will get through this but I never thought this would be that hard. Monday, it was like all my old complaints came back and I panicked majorly.

My weak side is that I have no patience and I have a hypochondriac character so with all the side effects that came along, it gives me fear all the time...

I hope that lowering with 2 beads a day and half a clonazepam or alprozolam 2x a day, I will get there without much of withdrawal. I lowered with 1mg a day but that didn't work out, so now I Know I must slow down even more.

#384 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

Very good. All we can do here is give suggestions as it has become apparent to us that all people are different. Don't worry about being a hypochondriac. That is a classic characteristic of anxiety. If you didn't have it before than this withdrawal will be enough to give it to you.  lol

Be patient, be strong and we will get through this. It can be remarkably tough but it can be done.

#385 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

I'M STABILIZING now on 15mg and will lower with 2 beads a day as from next week if I'm stabilized.

This means that this will be a period of 75 days or 2.5 months. Now I have a new target to hold on.

Keep ya posted shortly!

#386 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:00 AM

This week I've been stabilizing on 15mg with some good and some bad days... Every day, I took a half of a clonazepam.

Thursday I'm going to my doctor to discuss my situation. I Think he will set met Z on 150mg....

#387 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

It wouldn't surprise me. Good luck with that and keep us posted.

#388 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

Went to the doctor... Spoke it through and we stayed by the 100mg zoloft and we agreed on further lowering C. 1mg each 4 or 5 days, so each day 2 or 3 beads.

Last week was bad and he confirmed it was withdrawal... He never prescribed Cymbalta and never will because it's a terrible med he said.

I have confidence in him!

Cheers

#389 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

Sounds like a smart dr.

2 to 3 beads a day is the max speed I recommend so keep your open for symptoms and stop for a while if you need, especially near the end.

#390 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:33 AM

And now off to Portugal, Lissabon and afterwards to Italy, Milan for 2 consultancy jobs. Life can be beautifull!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users