#301 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:17 AM

Monday and Tuesday were very tough but yesterday and today I start to feel myself again... I start to feel again!!!

#302 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

Great news. Give yourself a couple of days and then taper some more.

#303 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

Indeed, great news. Two good days, don't we ever count them! So happy when they come by.

And starting to feel again, that is a great complaint among Cymbalta users. Good for you!

#304 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

Went to my Dr and we agreed on going to 100mg Zoloft and lower the C to 15mg as from Saturday. Agree FH?

#305 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

Yep, sounds about right. You may have a few rocky days but then the Zoloft should help some by then.

#306 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:16 AM

Today my first 100mg Zoloft... I lower the C as from Monday to 15mg. Cheers and have a nice weekend you all!

#307 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:16 AM

Today I feel myself very apathic and I feel like I am completely somewhere else... I'm not myself... What the Fuck is thus? Is that withdrawal?

#308 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

Unlikely. That is the Zoloft kicking in and is a welcome stage of the cross over. If it lasts a couple days then you can start to decrease the Cymbalta more. Slowly. This is obviously a step by step process. As you drop the Cymbalta the withdrawal will slowly decrease this feeling of apathy. If things get too bad you will need to go up on the Zoloft to 100 mg/day. I am thinking though that this may be enough Zoloft because you haven't been on the 75 long enough for it to kick in but the original 50 is probably what is kicking in right now. So stay with the 75, if the apathy continues then start dropping the Cymbalta again and hopefully as the Zoloft kicks in more it will be enough to handle the Cymbalta withdrawal until you are completely off the C.

This is exactly what I went through until I was off the C. Once off the C for a couple months you will need to evaluate what you are feeling and adjust the Zoloft accordingly. Usually that means you can tweak it back slightly.

I have been looking forward to this kicking in and now am very optimistic.

#309 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

But I went to 100mg ad from Saturday. This evening I will lower my C from 20 to 15mg. I feel empty, apathic and almost depressed. Ive taken a clonazepam to function.

You agree on lowering my C now?

#310 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

I am sorry, I though you were still on 75. I know you are in a hurry but that can get you in trouble. Slow wins the race. But if you want to, yes, go ahead and lower from 20 to 15 on the C. If you feel Ok in a couple three days lower again. Apathy is common as your new AD kicks in. That means it is working on covering the negative emotions you were experiencing. I know it feels like depression after having so much withdraw l symptoms but a little apathy and lethargy are a good sign right now as long as you are not having any suicidal thoughts.

Go down on the C to 15 and lets see how you feel in a couple days.

#311 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

Today I was thinking that when this is the new me, I have to end it because I don't want to go back ending severe depressed

#312 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

Don't panic. You know what severe depression feels like. You can not determine anything by one days experience. You these meds work slowly and patience is a virtue. Look at the trend over 3 or 4 days or even a week. Then you can make some decisions. Frankly I think the apathy is a good sign as long as you don't have suicidal thoughts.

Time and patience my friend.

#313 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

Today lowered to 15mg and felt almost great again  :) ...

#314 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

Don't get in too big a hurry. just stay at that level a few days and keep us posted.

#315 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

Will stay at this level for a week I think FH   B)

#316 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

You think the tinnitus will stop after taking Cymbalta FH?

#317 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

There is a good chance. Most of the members who suffered from this had it fade away after 3 or 4 months but some took as long as 1 to 2 years.

#318 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

Today very apathic, really awful... Hate it. Want to feel again.

#319 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

Don't worry about this. It is just a sign that the Zoloft is kicking in more. That apathy is protecting you from most of the Cymbalta withdrawal. Embrace it for right now. If you still feel that way tomorrow then it is time to consider another drop in Cymbalta. This is also a sign that you do not need to increase your Zoloft dosage. That is good because 100 mg is not a high dosage. Once off the Cymbalta we will work on reducing the Zoloft as much as possible but that us down the road.

#320 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

I hate it and it's making me totally unhappy for the moment.

#321 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:44 AM

If you can't wait drop some more on the Cymbalta. Remember you are coming through a hard situation right now. A little suffering is to be expected. DON"T FIGHT IT AS THAT MAKES THINGS WORSE. Accept it as better than the alternatives and that it is only temporary.

#322 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:00 AM

I do not know what todo at this moment. I really feel completely empty without fear but senseless as a matter of speaking. Even a clonazepam isnt doing very much at this moment.

What should I do?

#323 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

The is nothing to do. It is the Zoloft that has wiped out your symptoms from the Cymbalta withdrawal. It is much better than suffering with severe emotional swings BUT if it bothers you that much then drop some more on the Cymbalta to level things out. I am telling you HTSP, this is a terrible thing to go through. The idea is to get off the C with the least amount of suffering and pain. Right now you are just numb, apathy and empty. It is the lesser of two evils. IT WILL GO AWAY WHEN YOU DROP THE C AGAIN. If you are looking for feeling good while changing psych meds it will NOT happen. I wish it could. If you want drop the C again. If you drop the C too fast you may find yourself in a disaster before you know it. Accept the feeling of emptiness for a couple days and then drop the C again. DON'T WORRY. I seriously doubt that this is your depression coming back again as we all go through this on the cross over to a new AD.

#324 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

HTSP,

You may think at the moment that this will last forever, it is just an uncomfortable passing.

Bad days and good days are the norm when starting or switching to a new antidepressant.

Treat yourself to comfort food, hot baths and whatever can make you feel better while this phase lasts. It will pass!

#325 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

I appreciate it guys, really thanks... I will lower to 10mg from tomorrow evening. Is it am option to go to 0 from 15mg?

#326 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:49 PM

It is an option but the faster you drop the greater the risk of being hit hard. When you make a drop in Cymbalta it usually takes 3 to 10 days for the withdrawal effects to hit. So if you make too many drops real quick you can get hit hard before you know it. Most of us dropped 1% or less each day and if I had it to do over I would go slower than that. Making a 17% drop (say 5 mg out of a total 30 mg capsule is a heck of a drop. with the help of the Zoloft that is now in your system you might be able to handle it though. Let us know.

#327 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:21 AM

Then I will drop with 1% a day from today and not with 5mg FH. I have faith in you guys so I don't want play the tough one now. So 1% a day from this evening on...

#328 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

Today another awful day... I have to stabilize first on this level I think.

#329 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

I have painful burning skin today, yeah!!!

#330 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:28 AM

I am glad you are doing the 1% drops and yes if you are having a tough time then stabilizing is a good idea.

Do me a favor and update me on your current symptoms as they have been over the last 2 or 3 days.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users